Who would be the best candidate to replace Obama and why? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:31:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who would be the best candidate to replace Obama and why? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would be the best candidate to replace Obama and why?  (Read 797 times)
PittsburghSean
Rookie
United States

« on: August 18, 2012, 10:48:27 PM »

I'd say Hillary again. I contemplated thinking about if they should drop Obama at the convention in Charlotte back in 2011 when it looked like he just wasn't in for the fight. Democrats made their choice though... so they will either win or go down with the ship.

But if they chose to throw him off ship, Clinton is the best choice because she is popular now, and Bill is very popular. The VP nod could be someone out west since she is strong in the blue collar communities.
PittsburghSean
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »

Part of the problem here is that the Democratic Party is just too wimpy to dump Obama even if it might be for their own good politically. They had a chance to run a primary campaign against him at the time the liberal base was very upset with him. Yet when the liberals had the chance, they turned that chance down. Sure it would have hurt them in 2012, but perhaps when Romney failed in 2016, that it would take them back to their roots and frighten the DNC establishment a little bit.

As critical as I am of the tea party, they did something good for the Republicans (which I find bad being an ideological liberal): they brought the Republicans to their roots. We don't have that movement. Occupy was disorganized and even corrupt and incompetent. Democrats used to be the party of FDR, JFK and LBJ. Now they are very wimpy, wishy washy and weasel lite. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies