TV Ad spending for week of Aug 6-12.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:13:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  TV Ad spending for week of Aug 6-12.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TV Ad spending for week of Aug 6-12.  (Read 484 times)
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »
« edited: August 19, 2012, 01:57:55 PM by MorningInAmerica »

Total TV spending in the presidential race dropped last wk (Aug 6-12, $23.1M) from 2 wks ago (July 30-Aug 6, $36M). http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/track-presidential-campaign-ads-2012/

Out of the total amount spent on TV ads last week ($23.1M), $11.9 million was spent by the Obama campaign, DNC,  and pro-Obama SuperPACs. $11.2 million was spent by the Romney camp, RNC, and pro-Romney SuperPACs.

The Washington D.C. TV market  saw the most Romney/Obama TV ad spending last wk at $1.4 million. Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO were #2 in tv ads ($1.1M each). Cleveland, Ohio was  #3 ($978K). Tampa, Florida is #4 at $974K. Las Vegas, NV is #5 at $932K.

So it would appear that Obama and Romney are spending at near parity. Give the website a look. It's an excellent source for finding what ads are running in all 210+ US television markets, with an easy to read, user-friendly map. And I know how the Atlas forum loves maps.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »

Very interesting map. The shape of the Denver (?) market is pretty odd.

I know people say they'd like to live in a swing state so their vote counts, but this sort of thing makes me glad I'm in a safe state. All of those ads have got to get annoying after a while!
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 02:07:02 PM »

Very interesting map. The shape of the Denver (?) market is pretty odd.

I know people say they'd like to live in a swing state so their vote counts, but this sort of thing makes me glad I'm in a safe state. All of those ads have got to get annoying after a while!

It's probably cause I'm a big nerd, but I sort of like the ad wars (I know, sounds crazy). I'm working in Charlotte, NC, which was second out of 210 markets for the most ad spending last week. You really can't sit through a commercial break anymore without an ad from one side, and usually both. Some of them are outrageous. Like the Moveon.Org "Get your hands out of my pocket, Mitt ROmney!" ad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itB0vE6Na3M My spouse had to ask if it was an SNL skit when he saw it. Very unny stuff. Ahh, the joys of being in a swing market.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies