If I were Reince Priebus...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:41:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If I were Reince Priebus...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If I were Reince Priebus...  (Read 376 times)
pepper11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:07:41 PM »
« edited: August 27, 2012, 10:19:42 PM by pepper11 »

Thankfully, things are looking like Isaac has simmered down and the worst will be averted. That being said, the G.O.P. has a chance to turn a corner make help out with this potentially tragic situation.  Even though it seems (fingers crossed) that the storm will not be terrible, it will not have hit shore by tomorrow night, and the anticipation for it will be very high. If I were Reince Priebus, I would start the show as normal during the day. From 5 to 10 (cable, not primetime), I would run a "support the hurrican victums and support the red cross" telethon. Everyone speaking would be soley positive with no Obama attacks. They would praise Mitt Romney, but focus moreso on actually trying to productively raise money. Primetime starts and they have  10 million dollars raised for charity or whatever.   This would be an incredible benefit to the hurricane victums and recovery and it would also be good politically.   The first half hour of primetime is devoted to the charity money and helping the victoms of the storm. They raise another 10 min during primetime. The second half of primetime Ann Romney gives her speech. Anns speech will be 100% positive and no one will take offense to it. I would move Christie to Wednesday (even though it could overshaddow Ryan a bit, oh well) as Christie's hash attacks may not suit the possible more somber mood of the evening.  Its a win win for everyone.  Thats what I would do. Even something like a "text this number to give money" would be a good idea. Why not?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »

Didn't we do this the first night of the convention in 2008?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »

... I would eat acid probably. Doubt I could live with being such a slimy, nasty little weasel of a man.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

Because it would be completely contradictory to the Ayn Rand-esque, social darwinist culture of "individual responsibility" that the Republican party stands for.  It would also require a bunch of connected elitists to put aside their self-congratulatory love-fest and give a damn about the regular people of this country. (Not that the Democrats are much (if any) better, just that their convention isn't going on at the moment.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies