Rassy poll, CT McMahon leading now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:06:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  Rassy poll, CT McMahon leading now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rassy poll, CT McMahon leading now  (Read 2639 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

I wish.

There's been a lot of wacky polls as of late.

think its legit myself. mcmahon has name recognition and murphy doesnt have alot to offer.

And what more to offer does McMahon have? I'm not saying this to be aggressive or anything; I'm just curious.

I think alot of soft republicans have come home to the gop. So people who voted for jodi rell voted gop in congressional districts have come back to the gop. Connecticut is basically a 55-45 state. Not 60-40. So with a bit of name recognition, ton of money why cant it be plausible as it is an open seat.

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 10:04:43 AM »

I think it may be plausible, but it's definitely not probable. I do think this year will be better for Connecticut Republicans than 2010 and she is facing a less popular and well-known candidate in Murphy. However, I bet he's going to make up the name recognition in the coming months and pull farther ahead of her. Murphy would be a 39 year old freshman who could potentially go on to be a very powerful Senator, and he's a pretty likable, refreshing guy. I think McMahon may well get closer than last time, but I can't see her making up the gap.
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 10:17:44 AM »

I think it may be plausible, but it's definitely not probable. I do think this year will be better for Connecticut Republicans than 2010 and she is facing a less popular and well-known candidate in Murphy. However, I bet he's going to make up the name recognition in the coming months and pull farther ahead of her. Murphy would be a 39 year old freshman who could potentially go on to be a very powerful Senator, and he's a pretty likable, refreshing guy. I think McMahon may well get closer than last time, but I can't see her making up the gap.

I understand why murphy is running however, 39 is still super dooper young imo for a senator. I'm down the middle politically and I listen to both sides. Given this choice, I'd vote for McMahon ahead of Murphy as I'm not sure he's ready or maybe to young. I can be very narrow-minded sorry.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »

I understand why murphy is running however, 39 is still super dooper young imo for a senator. I'm down the middle politically and I listen to both sides. Given this choice, I'd vote for McMahon ahead of Murphy as I'm not sure he's ready or maybe to young. I can be very narrow-minded sorry.

Okay, but don't forget Murphy  has served three terms in Congress and served in both houses of the Connecticut Legislature from 1999-2006. I think he's pretty ready to serve in the Senate. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 10:37:37 AM »

Joe Biden was elected to the Senate when he was 29. Chris Murphy has been in the House of Representatives for six years. Linda McMahon is a trashy wrestling promoter.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:10 AM »

People seem to have forgotten what a disaster Blumenthal was in the last campaign. And he still won in a landslide, in an ultra-Republican year.

Think about it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »

Murphy is a stronger candidate than Blumenthal. Not as strong as Blumenthal was thought to be initially, but stronger than he ended up being. This race won't even be close. Murphy is going to win by double digits.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 12:01:54 PM »

LOL at the posters in this thread.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »

I think Macho Man Linda is going to get a good.. ol... 40% this time around. Max.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies