GOP Approves "Most Conservative Platform In Modern History"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:58:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  GOP Approves "Most Conservative Platform In Modern History"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GOP Approves "Most Conservative Platform In Modern History"  (Read 3445 times)
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »

I only disagree with the 'No Abortions Except In Cases of Rape or Incest' and the 'No Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Couples' line. I'm split on the tax proposals but support them in theory.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There, I fixed it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »

Non one cares about party platforms anymore. They mean nothing.

Yay?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 05:40:54 PM »

Why won't the Democrats add a plank supporting auditing the Fed? Or have they?

The Federal Reserve is controlled by Wall Street.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »

In case anyone's curious, here is their platform committee website
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 07:22:46 PM »

Why won't the Democrats add a plank supporting auditing the Fed? Or have they?

The Federal Reserve is controlled by Wall Street.
Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders favor an audit.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 07:25:26 PM »

I think the Todd Akin stuff basically ruined the Republicans' chances, to be honest with you.

That goes against literally all the data that shows absolutely no reaction from anywhere to Akin's comments (even in Missouri, PPP, which tilts a little Democratic, still shows Akin leading).
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »

That goes against literally all the data that shows absolutely no reaction from anywhere to Akin's comments (even in Missouri, PPP, which tilts a little Democratic, still shows Akin leading).

The newest polls are from before hardly anyone found out about Akin's goofiness.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2012, 07:36:38 PM »

The newest polls are from before hardly anyone found out about Akin's goofiness.

Akin's goofiness was Sunday; today is Wednesday. Four days. So nobody heard about it right after it happened, but now they're about to?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »

Akin's goofiness was Sunday; today is Wednesday. Four days. So nobody heard about it right after it happened, but now they're about to?

Half the people haven't heard about it yet, because The Media hasn't covered it that much.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »

Half the people haven't heard about it yet, because The Media hasn't covered it that much.

...because top story on the non-Missouri LOCAL news and network nightly newscasts isn't media coverage enough.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2012, 08:10:42 PM »

...because top story on the non-Missouri LOCAL news and network nightly newscasts isn't media coverage enough.

The Media is still making a stink over "You didn't build that."
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »

Not the last time I checked.

When I looked at CNN's website earlier(and yesterday as well) Todd Akin was all over it.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:24 PM »

When I looked at CNN's website earlier(and yesterday as well) Todd Akin was all over it.

The Cincinnati Enquirer hasn't covered it yet.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »

The Cincinnati Enquirer hasn't covered it yet.

That's not in Missouri.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »

Why are the social issues always at the forefront of every discussion? Not that I disagree with their decisions, but I thought this campaign was going to be about economics.

They aren't. The social issues are in a handful of paragraphs at the end of a long document mostly about the economy. Think Progress, where PR got this from, is a left-wing propaganda site built on twisting everything the GOP says to make it sound stupid and extreme.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »

Why are the social issues always at the forefront of every discussion? Not that I disagree with their decisions, but I thought this campaign was going to be about economics.

They aren't. The social issues are in a handful of paragraphs at the end of a long document mostly about the economy. Think Progress, where PR got this from, is a left-wing propaganda site built on twisting everything the GOP says to make it sound stupid and extreme.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »

That seems to be the '08 platform.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2012, 09:02:33 PM »

That seems to be the '08 platform.

Hmm... You're right. It seems that 2012 platform hasn't actually been completed yet, which renders this entire thread sort of stupid.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2012, 09:06:02 PM »

So in other words, the GOP is "stupid and extreme" on social issues, but they don't want anyone to pay attention to their views on social issues.

If you're gonna say things that you know many people are going to take offense to, don't act so butthurt when called on your bigotry (and that's directed at the GOP in general, not you, TJ).
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »

For years the GOP have been letting the nutjobs write this crazy crap into their platform because the establishment of the party had to throw them a bone as they werent stupid enough to actually campaign on it or turn it into legislation. Rance Preibus even was talking about it the other day, dismissing it as just what the 'grassroots' of the party do. Its like saying "dont pay any attention to the platform, we just let a bunch of monkeys type it up"

For years the GOP has been paying lip service to the wingnuts to get their money and votes but havent really been delivering.

The problem is what with gerrymandering openign the door for the tea party to 'primary out' all the RINOS ...these nutjobs are now actually getting into congress. And more recently some are even trying to get into the Senate and one of them is the VP candidate.

So unlike past years, this time people are paying attention to what these monkeys are putting into the platform. They might actually mean it and might actually try to make it happen.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »

I wish we just ignored social issues. Oh well, a man can dream Sad

Unless of course it's a gay man dreaming of marrying his partner.

Because it's not a political debate without px making an unnecessary non-sequitur attack on someone perfectly decent, just because they disagree with him.

That said, I think I can name maybe one of these I support.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2012, 11:29:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There, I fixed it.

Now I'm wondering if there's something seriously wrong with auditing the fed.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 10:24:24 AM »

The Media is still making a stink over "You didn't build that."

How is Akin's goofiness worse than Harry Reid's dirty Lying?

A) The Doctor told me women's bodies can shut down...
B) Some Guy told me Mitt hasn't paid taxes for ten years.

A) comment made in media interview by a candidate
B) comment made by the Senate Majority Leader on the Floor of the Senate of the US.

also, how is the democrat in Minnesota having oral sex with a 17 year old boy at a rest stop a non story?   
renegadedemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 10:29:36 AM »

That's just absurd. They're leaning further and further right, and they're basically asking to lose every swing state at this point.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies