Romney makes Birther joke (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:07:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney makes Birther joke (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney makes Birther joke  (Read 5619 times)
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« on: August 24, 2012, 12:34:30 PM »

Mitt should just go back to describing Obama as having a "foreign outlook" and other dogwhistles. This was just clumsy and will only backfire
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »

Yes, I don't think Romney is a brither. I can believe it was just a botched attempt of joke, but when you're a candidate, you need to be careful. There are people who actually believes this s**t and there's no need to encourage them, for they are too stupid to understand the difference.

That is the problem with this. Romney is coming off a week where he has been trying to distance himself from a fringe view point from one extreme of his party. So he shouldn't be making jokes about another fringe viewpoint from another crazy wing if his party.

Romney continues to act like he is running in the GOP primary.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

To those who are defending Romney, are you seriously arguing that this is smart politics?

Obama's shamus joke was also stupid, and I dont think that helps more than it makes him look like he is taking cheap shots.

Why cant partisans here acknowledge when someone makes a bad play. Its like watching a football game and having a set of fans say 'that wasn't an interception, our quarterback was luring the other team into a fight with our defense'
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies