Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:31:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH  (Read 17649 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »

Senator,

I know (and you know) that there can be at this time but one question that's at the centre of the mind of any of our patres conscripti. This is an important matter for all of us, and for those of us who are civic-minded in particular. It's a question by which this Senate will be judged for decades and centuries to come.

The question is simple: are you with the people or are you against them? If on the Senate floor there rolls that aborted love child of degeneracy and castration, a proposal to impeach our President, without any constitutional wrongdoing on his behalf whatsoever, will you vote it down, or will you back this monstuosity? Will you demonstrate yourself a statesman worthy of our trust, or will you forever mark yourself as belonging to them?

I thank you in advance for the time and trouble you'll no doubt take to answer my simple question.

I support the people. I am currently undecided on whether I would support a hypothetical impeachment effort; the question is not whether there was wrongdoing but whether it warrants removal from office.

Indeed the question is not whether there was wrongdoing; there was none. This means the second bit of your reply is nonsensical.

Look, here's how it is, the Senate shall be at the service of the People, or it shall cease to be.
It's something of a statement to suggest that this President has recently been at the service of the People, wouldn't you say?

To say that it is "something of a statement" is putting it quite mildly.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:35 PM »

Senator,

I know (and you know) that there can be at this time but one question that's at the centre of the mind of any of our patres conscripti. This is an important matter for all of us, and for those of us who are civic-minded in particular. It's a question by which this Senate will be judged for decades and centuries to come.

The question is simple: are you with the people or are you against them? If on the Senate floor there rolls that aborted love child of degeneracy and castration, a proposal to impeach our President, without any constitutional wrongdoing on his behalf whatsoever, will you vote it down, or will you back this monstuosity? Will you demonstrate yourself a statesman worthy of our trust, or will you forever mark yourself as belonging to them?

I thank you in advance for the time and trouble you'll no doubt take to answer my simple question.

I support the people. I am currently undecided on whether I would support a hypothetical impeachment effort; the question is not whether there was wrongdoing but whether it warrants removal from office.

Indeed the question is not whether there was wrongdoing; there was none. This means the second bit of your reply is nonsensical.

Look, here's how it is, the Senate shall be at the service of the People, or it shall cease to be.
It's something of a statement to suggest that this President has recently been at the service of the People, wouldn't you say?

To say that it is "something of a statement" is putting it quite mildly.
I'm a man of gentle words, Mr. Assemblyman. This 'Rally' doesn't want to find out whether or not the same applies to my actions, I assure you.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »

Though I have already filed for re-election, I intend to kick off my campaign very soon. As always, I will answer The People's questions.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »

Get out and vote!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2012, 10:11:55 PM »

The good news is that it seems as if Barnes will be elected to the Senate! I'll be proud to work with him. However, given his and my positions, if you were intending to vote

[1] Barnes
[2] Snowstalker

, then why not flip it? Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2012, 10:13:29 PM »

The good news is that it seems as if Barnes will be elected to the Senate! I'll be proud to work with him. However, given his and my positions, if you were intending to vote

[1] Barnes
[2] Snowstalker

, then why not flip it? Tongue

I echo my friend, Senator Snowstalker - don't elect just half of the Labor team! Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »

Sadly, Labor has yet to turn out in full force. Let's change that.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »

While you came up just short in your reelection bid, you will always remain a hero for Atlasian progressives and I hope you will remain active in National and Mideastern politics. We need your presence and ideas to enrich the country. Dave bless you, and continue fighting!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »

I want to join Assemblyman TexasDem in urging you to remain active in Atlasian politics.  You were a worthy opponent and ran a fine, issue-driven, and civil campaign.  Win or lose, Atlasia can always use more folks like you, Senator Smiley
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 12:58:31 AM »

Sorry about that whole losing thing, Snow. Labor is consistently denied its fare share of the Senate. We deserve three.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 12:59:02 AM »

I honestly would have preferred you stay in, as you did an excellent job and recognize the greatness of John Engle. I hope this isn't the last we see of you!

Sorry about that whole losing thing, Snow. Labor is consistently denied its fare share of the Senate. We deserve three.
No you don't.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 05:51:38 AM »

I honestly would have preferred you stay in, as you did an excellent job and recognize the greatness of John Engle. I hope this isn't the last we see of you!

No you don't.

Why not? Proportionally it would be 3 Labor, 3 Liberal, 3 Federalist, and maybe 1 TPP or something.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »

No you don't.

Why not? Proportionally it would be 3 Labor, 3 Liberal, 3 Federalist, and maybe 1 TPP or something.

And elections would be totally unnecessary.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »

No you don't.

And elections would be totally unnecessary.

Exactly. In a perfect world, though, everyone would subscribe to my viewpoints, and we'd have 10 Labor and no other forms of ideology would exist. A man can dream...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2012, 12:40:16 PM »

I'm sorry to see you go, Snowstalker. You fought a great campaign, and I look forward to our paths crossing again.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »

Snow is unlucky in elections.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »

Well, we all face setbacks in our careers, and this is one for me. I congratulate the duly elected winners and hope to serve in the Senate again someday.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »

I was hoping you would somehow make it in, but unfortunately my polling about you being in trouble proved correct. Sad
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

Sorry.  I wanted you to win, Snow. Sad  Best of luck in the future.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »

Shame you lost, my friend. Sad I do hope you'll stick around and be an active force in Atlasia. You've been a good Senator.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2012, 10:38:22 PM »

Admittedly I was reluctant to do so earlier. However, I am now confident that Senator Marokai has the experience to lead Atlasia forward. I thus endorse him for President.

As for my own political future, I continue to survey my options. Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »

Admittedly I was reluctant to do so earlier. However, I am now confident that Senator Marokai has the experience to lead Atlasia forward. I thus endorse him for President.

As for my own political future, I continue to survey my options. Wink

Could we get an announcement from you in the near future?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »

I consider myself a bit of an Atlasian Whack-A-Mole; I get bonked down, but always pop back up. I've spent some time continuing to push the Labor Right Act while surveying my options. Senator JulioMadrid, a friend of mine, has chosen not to run for re-election in February, and I have answered calls from some to run for his open seat. The Midwest has a proud tradition of electing Laborites, and I hope I will be able to represent this great region. However, I am not eligible to move until the 28th (thankfully, the election is next month), but after that I will be a Midwest resident.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2013, 03:31:45 PM »

Endorsed. I look forward to working with you when you're back in the Senate.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »

Endorsed! Altho I'm somewhat sad to have you leaving the Mideast.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies