Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:47:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Author Topic: Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH  (Read 17686 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »

Thoughts on the Mideast gubernatorial debate?

As a Mideast resident, I've been paying close attention to the debates. On the issues themselves, I may agree slightly more with Tmth than I do with ZuWo; though both lean conservative, Tmth is more "moderate". However, I've known and worked with ZuWo, and though Tmth would be a fine governor, I believe that ZuWo has not only given more specific answers, but  would be better in the day-to-day work of Mideast Governor.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »

Clarence has left the Senate; though I disagreed with him on many issues, he did a fine job and is a good man. In the special election to replace him are three candidates. Each have good reasons to be elected, but I choose to stand with the Atlasian middle class and support Alfred, my  friend and partner. He's done a fine job in the Northeast and deserves to return to the Senate.

I am open for questions.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 02:02:25 PM »

Thanks, Mr. Stalker!

Question: What with some influential Labor members' comments about other parties, what will you do to work with Whigs and Liberals and all those other people?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »

I will admit that, for all my rhetoric, I am on the right of my party. Though I disagree with the Liberals on much, we can work together to formulate economic policy which best benefits the average Atlasian. With the Whigs...I oppose gun control? Tongue

But seriously, I do seem to be attracting a lot of second preferences from Whigs, and as issues come up, President Snowstalker will do his best to gain broad support for his policies while not watering them down through too much compromise (though compromise is in no way bad).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »

I'm honestly unsure why they prefer me to him. Though I'm unsure of the president's position on the issue, I oppose additional gun control measures. It may also be an issue of rhetoric and personality, though you'd have to ask them.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »

I'm honestly unsure why they prefer me to him. Though I'm unsure of the president's position on the issue, I oppose additional gun control measures.

Follow-up: Many observers expect that the election will be decided by second-preferences after either you or Jbrase has been eliminated. What kind of planks would you consider adding to your platform to attract support from the Atlasian right?

1. The gun thing.

2. Though I consider myself pro-choice and I oppose limits on first and second-trimester rights for a woman to choose, I support the Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act. Third-trimester abortions are both rare and cruel, though I support the exceptions proposed by Senator Marokai in his original bill.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 03:56:54 PM »

What kind of new rights would you advocate for employees inside their enterprise in order to protect them from the effects of severe profit-guided managements ?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

What kind of new rights would you advocate for employees inside their enterprise in order to protect them from the effects of severe profit-guided managements ?
I think Snowstalker wants to repeal Taft Hartley act.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »

That's genius! Why didn't I think of that?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »

Does Atlasia even have a Taft-Hartley Act in place?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2012, 05:46:58 PM »

Does Atlasia even have a Taft-Hartley Act in place?

Of course it doesn't.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »

It was repealed a while ago, so I don't have to deal with it. Tongue
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »

I'm honestly unsure why they prefer me to him. Though I'm unsure of the president's position on the issue, I oppose additional gun control measures.

Follow-up: Many observers expect that the election will be decided by second-preferences after either you or Jbrase has been eliminated. What kind of planks would you consider adding to your platform to attract support from the Atlasian right?

1. The gun thing.

2. Though I consider myself pro-choice and I oppose limits on first and second-trimester rights for a woman to choose, I support the Late-Term Abortion Restriction Act. Third-trimester abortions are both rare and cruel, though I support the exceptions proposed by Senator Marokai in his original bill.

This is very disappointing =(
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »

1. The gun thing.

This is very disappointing =(

It was a tough issue for me. But third-trimester abortions are very rare, and are almost always for the reasons that are given exceptions. Thus, I don't feel like it seriously impedes on a woman's right to choose.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »

If you don't feel like it does anything, why support it?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2012, 11:53:18 PM »

As President, do you believe it is within your power to work on expanding the reach of Atlasia to other forum users by bringing them into the simulation and encouraging them to be active? If so, do you have a particular numerical goal (current user base is 139) or a concrete way to quantify any actions taken as 'successful'?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:05 AM »

Though it's not particularly important, it can prevent some unnecessary abortions. Why do you so vigorously oppose it?

Adam: I don't necessarily believe that's the job of the president. Of course a President can recruit people, but so can everyone else. I don't think there's a quantitative way to measure Atlasia's quality; whether someone is "active" or a good politician is purely subjective. Of course, I'd like to see more people active in the game.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

I am open to more questions from the voters.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »

Though it's not particularly important, it can prevent some unnecessary abortions. Why do you so vigorously oppose it?

That didn't really answer the question. Why support it?

My position is pretty clear, I don't think rape victims should be denied options as they struggle to overcome a horrific crime and violation that takes an emotional toll on anyone. I also don't believe that serious health complications should be forced upon a woman when an abortion could prevent that. The idea that women wait until the last minute to have abortions "just 'cause" is severely offensive and misguided and shows a lack of understanding and compassion that could only be found in a group of people that is 99% male viewpoints.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2012, 07:44:35 PM »

Marokai's bill gives an exception for rape. Most women don't wait until the last minute, of course; that's why this bill only bans abortion in exceptional circumstances.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 08:07:52 PM by President Napoleon »

Marokai's bill gives an exception for rape.

You asked why I "vigorously" oppose it. There's no exception for rape, incest, or health and well-being in the bill.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The exceptional circumstances are typically the most critical. Pandering to the right on social issues to try and get second preferences isn't going to suddenly give an awful argument a logical thread tying it together.

Your logic boils down to "there's such a small number of (insert gay people , late term abortions or whatever) that it's okay to ban (insert gay marriage, late term abortions or whatever)". I don't care about the numbers- I care about the people. And there are people who will be negatively affected by the bill as its currently written.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »

That's genius! Why didn't I think of that?
I don't understand why you come to ridicule Snowstalker's campaign in his thread by attacking people that have nothing to do with the ticket. If I was running for office I would have looked that up, but I am too lazy because it has no benefit for me. I suggest you start acting more civil in your opponent's threads. As always someone is an [inks]hole.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2012, 08:18:42 PM »

In a nation which has government-sponsored health care and when a woman has clearly known that she is pregnant for quite a while by the third trimester, why should you not be able to access an abortion clinic at that time? Though I oppose Ben's amendment, I will still support the legislation, as it provides the most important exceptions, that being to protect the life of the woman or in cases of severe birth defects. As President, I hope to extend that to women with health problems.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »

I am hereby appointing Northeast Speaker and soon-to-be Senator Alfred F. Jones as my campaign manager.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »

Thank you, Smiling King of the Snowstalkers of Pennsylvania, Who Was Almost A Senator. I look forward to enjoying this campaign and the Snowstalker/Redalgo administration.[/propaganda]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies