Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:17:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snowstalker/Drj for Atlasia: Never mind, just vote Nix/DemPGH  (Read 17813 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 08, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »

A belated congratulations, I know you will make Atlasia proud Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:04:27 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2012, 07:06:14 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

Senator,

I know (and you know) that there can be at this time but one question that's at the centre of the mind of any of our patres conscripti. This is an important matter for all of us, and for those of us who are civic-minded in particular. It's a question by which this Senate will be judged for decades and centuries to come.

The question is simple: are you with the people or are you against them? If on the Senate floor there rolls that aborted love child of degeneracy and castration, a proposal to impeach our President, without any constitutional wrongdoing on his behalf whatsoever, will you vote it down, or will you back this monstuosity? Will you demonstrate yourself a statesman worthy of our trust, or will you forever mark yourself as belonging to them?

I thank you in advance for the time and trouble you'll no doubt take to answer my simple question.

Senator Snowstalker, like all of the members of the great legislative body known as the Atlasian Senate, is for the people (regardless of how he answers that question).  You may agree with him or you may disagree with him, but I don't think any of us can deny that he (and his fellow Senators) are acting in what they believe to be the best interests of the people (even if they are sometimes wrong about what is in the best interests of the people).  I say this as someone who would strongly opposes impeachment.  Good people can disagree.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »

Senator,

I know (and you know) that there can be at this time but one question that's at the centre of the mind of any of our patres conscripti. This is an important matter for all of us, and for those of us who are civic-minded in particular. It's a question by which this Senate will be judged for decades and centuries to come.

The question is simple: are you with the people or are you against them? If on the Senate floor there rolls that aborted love child of degeneracy and castration, a proposal to impeach our President, without any constitutional wrongdoing on his behalf whatsoever, will you vote it down, or will you back this monstuosity? Will you demonstrate yourself a statesman worthy of our trust, or will you forever mark yourself as belonging to them?

I thank you in advance for the time and trouble you'll no doubt take to answer my simple question.

I support the people. I am currently undecided on whether I would support a hypothetical impeachment effort; the question is not whether there was wrongdoing but whether it warrants removal from office.

Indeed the question is not whether there was wrongdoing; there was none. This means the second bit of your reply is nonsensical.

Look, here's how it is, the Senate shall be at the service of the People, or it shall cease to be.
It's something of a statement to suggest that this President has recently been at the service of the People, wouldn't you say?

To say that it is "something of a statement" is putting it quite mildly.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:48:50 AM »

I want to join Assemblyman TexasDem in urging you to remain active in Atlasian politics.  You were a worthy opponent and ran a fine, issue-driven, and civil campaign.  Win or lose, Atlasia can always use more folks like you, Senator Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:35:09 PM »

You have my endorsement. I hope that if you are elected, you will work to revitalize the Midwest and fight for Atlasian workers in the Senate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »

There is literally not a single issue in Atlasia which I care less about.

I'm starting to think dogs need their own lobbying group Angry
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 05:20:52 PM »

Congrats Senator-elect Snowstalker Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »

I definitely support the increase to $12.50, but I am undecided on the rest of the bill (and how I will vote on the bill itself).  I look forward to an informative and vigorous debate regarding this proposal Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies