Opinion of Charlie Crist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:40:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Charlie Crist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Huh
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Opinion of Charlie Crist  (Read 1408 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:25 AM »

I don't like him, so HP, but I also don't like how he was bullied out of the GOP.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:35:28 AM »

Lean FF. He's an HP for supporting Obama and abandoning the Republican Party, but Sjoycefla has really convinced me that he's not that bad.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »

Lean FF. He's an HP for supporting Obama and abandoning the Republican Party, but Sjoycefla has really convinced me that he's not that bad.

Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »

HP, big time.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:44:16 AM »

I don't like him, so HP, but I also don't like how he was bullied out of the GOP.

So everyone that loses a primary is "bullied?"
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »

No.  Remember, Charlie Crist dropped out of the Republican primary before the vote and ran as an Independent for the Senate.  But was still bullied out of the party because of his support for many of President Obama's policies like the stimulus package.  I don't like him (and never really have), but I don't think it was right to be so hard on him that he left the party.  This is exactly the problem with ideological purity in the Republican Party.  While I believe the GOP needs to stand for conservative values, we have taken it to extremes and have been poisoning our own well in the process.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »

Massive FF.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:03 PM »

HP among HPs. He dated my mom’s cousin, asked her to marry him, and after that date, he never spoke or saw her again. He is a closeted homosexual who uses women simply as a screen to protect his political career. He is an opportunist, and the Democrats should be wary of him.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »

Has he come out of the closet yet?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »

HP. An opportunist without any scruples or principles.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 04:47:20 PM »

^ This x1000.
Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:18 PM »

HP among HPs. He dated my mom’s cousin, asked her to marry him, and after that date, he never spoke or saw her again. He is a closeted homosexual who uses women simply as a screen to protect his political career. He is an opportunist, and the Democrats should be wary of him.

WHAT?!!!

As I've said before, my life is dull...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 11:15:55 PM »

後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:20:39 PM »

Let's also not forget the straw that broke the camels back. Crist did more than hug Obama. Republicans abandoned him after he vetoed school reform bills at the bidding of the teacher's unions.

The same Jeb Bush education reform bills that even Chris Matthews whole-heartedly endorses. And the man doesn't actually like unions or anything (if the rest of his tenure shows), he was just an asshole opportunist looking for any kind of support (and the teacher's unions were just convenient). Kind of like that other grade-A asshole, Lincoln Chaffee.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 01:52:09 AM »

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 02:01:04 AM »

Not as bad as people make him out to be and almost certainly not for the same reasons. I'll vote FF just to be a balance.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 02:24:09 AM »

No.  Remember, Charlie Crist dropped out of the Republican primary before the vote and ran as an Independent for the Senate.  But was still bullied out of the party because of his support for many of President Obama's policies like the stimulus package.  I don't like him (and never really have), but I don't think it was right to be so hard on him that he left the party.  This is exactly the problem with ideological purity in the Republican Party.  While I believe the GOP needs to stand for conservative values, we have taken it to extremes and have been poisoning our own well in the process.

Nobody forced him out of the party. He only left because it looked like he was going to lose the primary and leaving the party was his only remaining venue for winning the Senate seat. Should the Florida Republican electorate have said they would vote for him so he wouldn't leave the party out of political expediency? That sounds like a way to encourage more bad behavior from politicians.

If nothing else, Crist twice created a vacuum that paved the way for Florida's Senate seat to be occupied by a moron who by virtue of his ethnic background gets put on a pedestal as the GOP's "rising star."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 06:57:36 AM »

Let's also not forget the straw that broke the camels back. Crist did more than hug Obama. Republicans abandoned him after he vetoed school reform bills at the bidding of the teacher's unions.

The same Jeb Bush education reform bills that even Chris Matthews whole-heartedly endorses. And the man doesn't actually like unions or anything (if the rest of his tenure shows), he was just an asshole opportunist looking for any kind of support (and the teacher's unions were just convenient). Kind of like that other grade-A asshole, Lincoln Chaffee.

And that veto is why he's a massive FF.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »

I have never quite gotten the idea that Crist was "bullied" out of the Republican Party. He was going to lose an election to another candidate. The point of an election is to win the election. If a candidate wins an election that does not make them a bully and the person who does not win should not be the focus of sympathy. Elections are a game like kickball or capture the flag. The person who wins the game is not a bully. Crist is just another moderate Republican who was unlikable and could not win an election. He should be the focus of scorn not compassion. 
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 11:02:28 AM »

HP.  I'd have more respect for him if he just became a Democrat and didn't publicize himself the way he is doing now.  Obviously, had he stayed a Republican and actually won the Florida Senate seat, there would be a much different story in regards to his career, and like Sanchez said, he's probably a closeted homosexual, yet he long opposed same-sex marriage for the sake of protecting his career and relations with the GOP -- which ultimately failed, of course.  He literally thinks politics is some type of game for one's self-promotion.  For Democrats to rally around him would be to reward sleaziness and partisan opportunism.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »

For Democrats to rally around him would be to reward sleaziness and partisan opportunism.

I get that, but could you name someone else that Democrats could rally around in Florida?
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »

I'm a pretty moderate Republican. And I despise Crist and Chaffee (though the latter amazingly).

I literally don't think there's a major politician in the USA I despise as much as Lincoln Chaffee. Well, maybe Jack Reed too, but that's due to more personal reasons, not political.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 11:10:27 AM »

For Democrats to rally around him would be to reward sleaziness and partisan opportunism.

I get that, but could you name someone else that Democrats could rally around in Florida?

Sink, Meek, Grayson, maybe a state legislator?  I'm okay with supporting Democrats in general elections whom I did not support in primaries, even if I find them just marginally better than the alternatives, but I can't get behind disintegrity.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 11:29:56 AM »

Sink, Meek, Grayson, maybe a state legislator?  I'm okay with supporting Democrats in general elections whom I did not support in primaries, even if I find them just marginally better than the alternatives, but I can't get behind disintegrity.

Have you heard a thing about Meek in the past year? Cause I sure haven't. Sink meanwhile is a gawdawful campaigner and really blew the gubernatorial race once already. But good to see you've still got a sense of humor about it (Grayson).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies