Re: Office of Pacific Governor Spamage (Regional Election and my coming Adieu!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:17:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of Pacific Governor Spamage (Regional Election and my coming Adieu!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Re: Office of Pacific Governor Spamage (Regional Election and my coming Adieu!)  (Read 1447 times)
Spamage
spamage
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2012, 12:05:41 AM by Governor Spamage »

"In Rocky We Trust"
   Hello and welcome to the office of the newly Elected Pacific Governor Spamage. I encourage you to follow along as I work on new legislation and policy proposals for the Pacific Region.  Questions are welcomed and greatly encouraged as I am an elected official and must never forget my constituents. I intend to update this thread quite regularly as my term progresses so stay tuned!

Signed,
Governor Spamage
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »

Again, congratulations on your victory! Do you have any plans in the works to restructure the Pacific legislative system as you mentioned prior?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:01:10 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2012, 03:06:38 PM by Governor Spamage »

Again, congratulations on your victory! Do you have any plans in the works to restructure the Pacific legislative system as you mentioned prior?

Yes, I'm currently working on an Amendment replacing both the 2nd and latest one. The newest amendemnt concerning the Legislature required a bicameral Legislature which is too much work to upkeep also it requires alot of members which we definitely are slightly lacking.

I'm going to propose a 4 elected representative Legislature with the Lieutenant Governor also casting a vote. I'm a littlebusy now but I will continue to work on it, sign it, and submit it for voting so we can get this region moving  again.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »

Congratulations! Smiley Best of luck to you - I hope you are successful.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 04:54:51 PM »

NEWS CONFERENCE-Steps of the Regional Capitol, San Francisco. August 31st, 2012

My view on C.A.R.E.-

Just a few days ago a new organization was formed of which, so far, I greatly approve of. The Conference of Atlasian Regional Executives (CARE for short) is an organization which I believe to be groundbreaking. Not only with this provide more openness within our local governments but it will help spread ideas. Ideas on promoting activity in which several regions, including my own, desperately need. This will only serve to strengthen us by making prospects like negotiation and problem solving easier in situations involving more than one region. It is definitely my true honor to join the other executives at the Conference and work for a better Atlasia.

My work on a new Legislature Amendment-

Legislature Reform is desperately needed based on my current view of the Region. Currently I am drafting a new Amendment which would do just that. This would over rule the second Amendment which I view to be a contributing factor for the inactivity but also it removes the 10th one which requires alot of active users in a bicameral legislature.  Seeing as we have very few constant active citizens I will give away some of the planned information. I believe one Assembly is needed with 4 elected Representatives who have elections held simultaneously as that of the Governor. The Lieutenant Governor also gets voting rights as well.  All members of the assembly may propose bills and so may the Governor in order that they be put up for a vote. This will spur our activity by requiring users to be more active and vote instead of not being required to as it currently stands.

Other Bills, Proposals, Etc.-

As well as the Legislature reform amendment I am also working on the bills I promised during my election campaign. They may be a little longer to wait for but I assure you I am working on them.

Thank you,

Governor Spamage
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »

I hope you can inspire activity in you region.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

I'm pleased to see another region considering another, novel form of elected Legislature. I think this would work wonders for the Pacific region.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 04:12:35 AM »

Good luck! There is a lot of work ahead of you but I think you're definitely the right person for the job.

The idea to establish an elected legislature is great. You might want to consider removing the office of Lt. Governor because as far I see there hasn't been a regular candidate for this office in the Pacific for a long time. On the other hand, maybe if the region becomes more active again this will change.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 04:46:52 PM »

The rough draft is currently finished but I need to make a few more tweaks before I put it up to be voted on.

If you have any comments they are certainly welcome. Smiley. Remeber right now this is just a rough draft nothing is final right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN AMENDMENT
to spur Government Activity by giving those elected to the Legislature a duty to be active in representing Pacific Citizens. This Amendment will over rule and make null both the 2nd amendment and 10th Amendment to the Second Pacific Constitution.

This Amendment shall be titled “The Pacific Elected Legislature Amendment”.

Section 1: The Legislature

1.   The legislative powers of the Pacific are given to the Pacific Legislature

2.   4 members of the Legislature elected via preferential voting will be called Representatives

3.   Representatives shall be elected by any registered Pacific citizen and must be eligible to vote in the Pacific Region.

4.   In its entirety the Legislature will be composed of the 4 Representatives and the Lieutenant Governor. All of those officials are given full voting rights.

5.   The Representatives, Governor, and Lieutenant Governor may all propose Legislation and Amendments for voting.

6.     In order for a bill to be passed it must be approved by a simple majority.

7.     In order for an Amendment to be ratified it must be approved by 2/3rds of those voting in the Legislature.

Section 2: Elections and impeachment proceedings

1.   Elections shall begin at midnight Pacific Standard Time, on the penultimate Friday in April and August, and on the second Friday in December. Each election shall conclude exactly seventy-two hours after it begins.

2.   Elections for Representatives shall be by preferential voting, and may be regulated by law.

3.   The candidates with the top 4 highest votes will become Representatives on the first Friday following election.

4.   In the event where a Representative does not post for 20 days without a prior notice of absence their seat in the Legislature will become vacant and a special election will be held on the following Friday.

Section 3: Recalls

1.   Any citizen may propose the recall of the Governor or Lieutenant Governor to the Pacific Region.

2.   The members of the Legislature shall vote on each recall petition that has been signed by a total of five citizens within one week of being proposed.

3.   A referendum on each recall petition shall begin one day after it obtains the required signatures and shall remain open for one week.

4.   If at least two-thirds of those voting approve, the official named in the recall petition shall cease to hold office immediately.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »

I'm a little busier than I thought I'd be but I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to open debating/voting on the Amendment by tonight......

Governor Spamage
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 12:40:16 PM »

Voting has now commenced all Pacific citizens are encouraged to participate..... voting ends in 1 week......
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 01:10:31 PM »

It has always been my hope that all five regions have an elected desire.

To Pacific residents - you have a Governor who's making a strong effort to bring real, positive reforms to your region. Please give him a chance and vote for this amendment.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »

I am proud to announce that the Pacific Elected Legislature Amendment has passed and an election will be held on Friday to fill 4 seats. I encourage any Pacific citizen to run as this will be a historic occasion......... Thank you

Gov. Spamage
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 02:00:48 AM »

Huzzah!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »

I've just reopened the Pacific Legislature seeing as the election hasn't gone well. I urge Pacific Citizens to take a look over the next few days in order to vote and debate on specific pieces of Legislation.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »

NOTICE- Torie has given consent and a Special Election shall begin tonight. I encourage you to vote
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »

Today it is my true honor to congratulate Lieutenant Governor Wolfentoad66 on his election. I believe together we'll begin to get this region back on track. In his office he proposed an interesting idea of which I most definitely put my support behind.

I want to work with the Governor on creating a Department of Public Engagement and Tourism (DoPE, with an Appointed Secretary that manages 3 jobs: Trying to Recruit Pacificites to run for Local Office, Trying to get people all over Atlasia to immigrate here, and I want the Secretary to manage the Pacific AtlasiaWiki page. I also want to Create more cabinet positions, and would also love to have an Adviser to the Governor, who alerts the Governor on all things of importance going on in the Pacific.

I believe quite strongly now that the Pacific will fight to move on. With these new positions as well as an elected assembly we will move forward.

Also in the briefing I offer my endorsement to Oakvale for the office of Pacific Regional Senator. Although I was not a member while he was Governor I was still watching this entire forum at the time. I hope all Pacific citizens will see the good I see and vote for him. Thank you.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »

With some recent going ons I am officially announcing that I shall only serve 1 term as the Pacific Governor and will not be running for reelection. I hope my choice for successor could not be more obvious when the time comes Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 11:46:30 PM »

Voting is open for the Pacific Council Amendment largely written by Wolfentoad. This is a comprehensive bill which has my full endorsement but its for the Pacificans to decide GO VOTE Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »

A special election for the Council will be held staring on Sunday. I encourage more people to declare as we have 2 people running and 4 seats total
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »

Also voting will begin on an addition to the Council Amendment which will create specifications for special elections should they occur.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »

Pacific Council Election- Quota 5-ish

Round 1-

Fuzzybigfoot- 6 (Fuzzybigfoot, Oakvale, California Tony, bgwah, Seattle, Sbane)
JFKDemocrat- 0
Liberaljunke- 1 (LiberalJunkie)
NVGonzalez- 4 (Wolfentoad, NVGonzalez, Spamage, NWTownsend)

Round 2- Redistribution of Fuzzybigfoot

Fuzzybigfoot-6 ELECTED

JFKDemocrat- 2 (Fuzzybigfoot, California Tony)
LiberalJunkie- 4 (LiberalJunkie, Bgwah, Seattle, Sbane)
NVGonzalez- 5 (Wolfentoad, NVGonzalez, Oakvale, NVTownsend, Spamage)

Redistribution of NVGonzalez

Fuzzybigfoot- 6 ELECTED
NVGonzalez- 5 ELECTED

Liberaljunkie- 6 (Liberaljunkie, Oakvale, bgwah, Spamage, Seattle, Sbane) ELECTED
JFKDemocrat- 5 (Wolfentoad, NVGonzalez, Fuzzybigfoot, California Tony, NVTownsend) ELECTED

you get the idea........ NVGonzalez, Fuzzybigfoot, JFKDemocrat, and Liberaljunkie have all been elected. They are expected to swear in immediately.

Both propositions pass.

CERTIFIED
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 07:21:46 AM »

so all candidates got elected, was the only purpose of having an election making sure noone got written in?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »

Yes, that, and I think there might be something somewhere that prevents a condidate who would get 0 votes to be elected. Of course he would have to not vote for himself, but that has been seen.

Is there some piece of law that says this ? If not, I think there should be.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 12:16:28 AM »

Pacific Citizens-

The regional election is now underway and I must urge you to go out and vote over these next 72 hours.

As my time as the regional executive here come to a close there are several things I would like to say and announce:

The last 4 months have been transformational for me in more ways then one. As my time comes to a close here I must say it has been an honor serving as your regional executive. I'm truly humbled that you guys elected me in August and I have used that humbleness in my governing. In my term we created a stable and active regional legislature and activity, as well as population, has been steadily increasing. We've seem some users come over the last 4 months and others leave. I urge you guys to continue the great progress that's been started and I hope that one day we will rise to either #2 or #3 in population.

This will likely be my last time in a regional office for 1 months because even if I fail at my underway Senate campaign it will be around 2 months before there is another opportunity here. Also, I urge you to support my successor as we make the adjustment period over the next several weeks. Its sad to say goodbye for now but I guess I had to eventually. Once I certify the election results and co. I will resign to give Wolfentoad (seeing as hes the only gubernatorial candidate) time to adjust similarly to how my predecessor resigned in order to create a smooth transition. This will likely be my last update as gov. (excluding the election results) so Adieu my good friends. Smiley

Gov. Spamage

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies