Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:43:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney: "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?" Answer: "Yes."  (Read 2241 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:12:09 AM »

The question begs it, though.  It was a cute and clever line in a speech--one time, thirty years ago; gotta give the speechwriter credit.  okay--but we really need to stop trotting out that question in every campaign.  I'm four years older than I was four years ago, and when you're over 40, even over 30, you're never better off than you were four years ago.  Four years ago I had perfect eyesight, just I had all my life.  Today, I need glasses to read this.  Four years pass by, and everything about you is wider, more hairy, and closer to the ground.  More lower back pain.  More stress.  More schit to worry about.  More bills to pay.  My sons shoes are more expensive now than they were then.  My car has more fancy gadgets that I have to learn how to use than the car I had four years ago.  Life never gets simpler as you get older.  Three billion years ago, life was simple.  There was only one kind:  that first single-celled organism that arose from pond scum.  But every day since then things have gotten more complicated, more dangerous, and more stressful.  For everyone.  And none of it has anything to do with the federal government.  And everyone who is reasonably intelligent understands this.  Any thread created about this particularly superficial question must be a deliberately provocative one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies