Obama still a fan of Clint Eastwood.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:51:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama still a fan of Clint Eastwood.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama still a fan of Clint Eastwood.  (Read 1389 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »

Obama says in an interview with USA Today released Sunday the Academy Award-winning Eastwood is “a great actor, and an even better director.” But Obama was coy when asked if he was offended by the performance.

Obama says, quote, “if you’re easily offended, you should probably choose another profession.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-says-hes-a-huge-eastwood-fan-despite-invisible-obama-monologue/2012/09/02/ca69767c-f514-11e1-863c-fe85c95ce4ed_story.html?tid=pm_pop

Oh brother...
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

It's not like Eastwood said Obama was a bad person. He just said he was a bad president. There are tons of people that I love who would make very bad presidents.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »

It's not like Eastwood said Obama was a bad person. He just said he was a bad president. There are tons of people that I love who would make very bad presidents.

I don't know, if somebody pulled a stunt like that on me on the biggest stage, there is no way I would still be a fan, no matter what they did before. I'm now pretty averse to consuming any Eastwood movies as it is, and I'm not even Obama.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »

Obama wised up and laughed it off.  Smiley
Link
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

I don't know, if somebody pulled a stunt like that on me on the biggest stage, there is no way I would still be a fan, no matter what they did before. I'm now pretty averse to consuming any Eastwood movies as it is, and I'm not even Obama.

Lol.

Looks like you aren't the only one who lost their appetite for Clint

*shrug*

I'm a Clint fan... even after that performance.  He is a true fiscal conservative unlike 95% of the GOP and he isn't a racist nor a homophobe unlike 99% of the GOP.  He's also an environmentalist unlike 99.999% of the GOP.

C'mon how can you not laugh at that?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 04:58:14 PM »

I don't think it is appropriate to say he 'wised up' - laughing off these kind of feeble/inane attacks has been his policy for at least four years.
Statesman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »

Clint Eastwood is still worth his weight in gold.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »

If I were Obama, I'd be happy with Eastwood for making the end of the RNC look like a joke.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 08:59:17 PM »

I don't think it is appropriate to say he 'wised up' - laughing off these kind of feeble/inane attacks has been his policy for at least four years.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »

The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 09:55:32 PM »

He's Clint Eastwood, come on.  I still love his stuff too.  Frankly, the performance Thursday night was ridiculous but in a kind of endearing way.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

The initial Obama reaction was pretty defensive.

I think he should have said, "I'm a Bob Newhart, Bob Newhart was a friend of mine.  Clint, you're no Bob Newhart."
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:21 PM »

Lol.

Looks like you aren't the only one who lost their appetite for Clint

*shrug*

I'm a Clint fan... even after that performance.  He is a true fiscal conservative unlike 95% of the GOP and he isn't a racist nor a homophobe unlike 99% of the GOP.  He's also an environmentalist unlike 99.999% of the GOP.

C'mon how can you not laugh at that?

The beauty of the speech was that most of his jokes were not-so-subtle jabs at Romney as well.
Zagg
Martin
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »

If the reports in the Chicago Tribune are anything to go by., Eastwood probably helped Obama.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

If you're this emotionally invested in a political candidate, you have some serious issues.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »

I couldn't give a less crap about actor/director political views when it's coming to his artistic work.

You have a problem.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »

I couldn't give a less crap about actor/director political views when it's coming to his artistic work.

You have a problem.

Ok, it was just a fleeting feeling.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »

The feeling is evidently mutual.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: