PPP Poll of Likely FLorida Voters: Obama: 48%, Romney 47%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:02:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP Poll of Likely FLorida Voters: Obama: 48%, Romney 47%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP Poll of Likely FLorida Voters: Obama: 48%, Romney 47%  (Read 841 times)
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:47:34 PM »
« edited: September 02, 2012, 10:57:46 PM by MorningInAmerica »

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/09/no-bounce-for-romney-in-florida.html

Obama - 48%
Romney - 47%

Romney has seen a net 5 point improvement in his favorability rating. It was 46/49% in PPPs last Florida poll, but is now in positive territory at 49/47%. Moreover, his wife was apparently a big hit. Her favs jumped to 56/22%. Condi Rice is at 66/22%. Paul Ryan at 47/40%, and Clint Eastwood at an astronomical 72/11% (including 58/20% among Democrats - which goes to show you how a number of the Democrats on this board are the hackiest of the hacks.) And for all the talk of how dreadfully awful the Eastwood speech allegedly was for team Romney, opinion in Florida of the speech was nearly split down the middle, at 36/41%. Given the mainstream media's reaction, you would think that number would be about 15/67%.

Obama's job approval rating in Florida is 47/50%. Marco Rubio's is 51/33%.

The partisan ID of this likely voter poll is D+4, 41%D, 37%R, 21%I. Florida turnout was D+3 in 2008, and R+4 in 2004. PPPs last poll in July that showed Obama leading 48-47% was D+2.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »

The most telling thing I gathered from the poll was the lack of change from their last poll. Looks like this is still a toss-up.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

and Clinton Eastwood at an astronomical 72/11% (including 58/20% among Democrats - which goes to show you how a number of the Democrats on this board are the hackiest of the hacks.)

Just because a lot of Democrats on this board made fun of Clint Eastwood, that doesn't mean they don't hate him and are therefore out of the norm.  A guy talking to an empty chair can be seen as pretty funny, no matter who it is or how much you care about them. 
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:12:56 PM »

No topline improvement, but the change in favorabilities in Romney's favor puts him a place where the undecides are more likely to break his way. He still needs to earn them however and he needs to push and define his ideas. Romney may have won the fight over defining himself personally at the convention, but his proposals and political views are still open for that and he didn't seal the deal on that front. As crazy Glenn Beck put it, "He sealed the deal in people's hearts, not their heads". Take that for whatever that is worth, probably nothing consider the source. Romney will have to use that first debate on the economy to firmly establish his "Five point framework", how it connects back to the 59 point one from last year, and what it will mean for the average American concerned about jobs, incomes, gas prices, healthcare costs, K-12 education, etc etc.

Romney might also need to contrast himself, not just with Obama, but also with former President Bush, if they keeping harping on this "return to the Bush era policies that got us into this mess". Something I fully expect to occur. Therefore, don't be surprised hear things in that debate like "Sensible Regulation", "Hands-on", "Detail-Oriented", etc etc that are more differentiating him from Bush and his style and policies, than from that of Obama.

I hear that Romney is practicing for the debate this coming week, while the Democrats have their convention. I think Romney not only needs to win the first debate, but more importantly then a horserace change, he needs to at the same time accomplish some underlying fundamentals that will do more to affect the final outcome than a temporary bounce in the polls from winning the latest round. I hope they understand this in the practice sessions and thus prepare for it. They should also watch film of Romney's past debates, find his biggest weaknesses and work to strengthen them. Obama will certainly be doing that to try and exploit them.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 11:17:28 PM »

I agree that change favorables are important. Let's be honest, if Romney had a 20 favorability rating, he'd still probably be polling in the 46% region. But I think favorability will have a perceptible influence on how undecided voters fall.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 11:28:44 PM »

I find it hard to believe that Romney has no bounce, but I also find it hard to believe Romney got a big bounce.

I still think we wont know the state of the race until mid Sept, after DNC.

But FL is the must win of all must win states for Romney. He should be ahead after his convention and if he isn't, this thing is pretty much over (unless Romney can really blow Obama away in the debates)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »

This follows the convention being held in the state -- in a large metro area, and with much attention going to Romney and associates. Much could have gone right for Romney -- and didn't. 

This indicates a troubled campaign.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 12:32:33 AM »

The improved favorables could also be a bounce. Expect the DNC to focus on his offshore accounts/tax dodging.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 02:53:07 AM »

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/09/no-bounce-for-romney-in-florida.html

Obama - 48%
Romney - 47%

Romney has seen a net 5 point improvement in his favorability rating. It was 46/49% in PPPs last Florida poll, but is now in positive territory at 49/47%. Moreover, his wife was apparently a big hit. Her favs jumped to 56/22%. Condi Rice is at 66/22%. Paul Ryan at 47/40%, and Clint Eastwood at an astronomical 72/11% (including 58/20% among Democrats - which goes to show you how a number of the Democrats on this board are the hackiest of the hacks.) And for all the talk of how dreadfully awful the Eastwood speech allegedly was for team Romney, opinion in Florida of the speech was nearly split down the middle, at 36/41%. Given the mainstream media's reaction, you would think that number would be about 15/67%.

The partisan ID of this likely voter poll is D+4, 41%D, 37%R, 21%I. Florida turnout was D+3 in 2008, and R+4 in 2004. PPPs last poll in July that showed Obama leading 48-47% was D+2.

Really dude?  This is the most hackish post I've seen in a long time.  Are you so desperate to gush over the idea of a Republican win this year that you are posting ANN ROMNEY AND CLINT EASTWOOD'S APPROVAL RATINGS?!  What the  does this have to do with anything?  I guess all those Hilary voters from 2008 will be darting over to the Romney side because Romney's wife is such a figure of the typical American woman.  Good god, man.  Reevaluate your life. 

Onto things that matter.  Tied game in Florida.  What else is new? 

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »

and Clinton Eastwood at an astronomical 72/11% (including 58/20% among Democrats - which goes to show you how a number of the Democrats on this board are the hackiest of the hacks.)

Having the opinion that Eastwood's speech was bad isn't the same thing as having an unfavorable opinion of him overall. As PPP showed, the numbers for speech were slightly negative, despite his very good favorables.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 06:53:24 AM »

The interesting news from Florida is - the news isn't as clearly and strongly negative as it is from the Midwest.  Obama's position has deteriorated drastically in Wisconsin, and quite a bit in IA, MI, OH, MO, but it has only deteriorated very slightly if at all in Florida.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2012, 08:39:34 AM by MorningInAmerica »

Obama - 48%
Romney - 47%

Really dude?  This is the most hackish post I've seen in a long time.  Are you so desperate to gush over the idea of a Republican win this year that you are posting ANN ROMNEY AND CLINT EASTWOOD'S APPROVAL RATINGS?!  What the  does this have to do with anything?  I guess all those Hilary voters from 2008 will be darting over to the Romney side because Romney's wife is such a figure of the typical American woman.  Good god, man.  Reevaluate your life.  

Onto things that matter.  Tied game in Florida.  What else is new?  

Haha. Yea...really, "dude," "brah," whatever you cool kids are saying these days. Apparently you got yourself so worked up over your post that you failed to notice I provided the favorability ratings for EVERY person mentioned in the PPP poll. I even highlighted them in red for you, in case you slip back into seeing only what you choose to see. "Reevaluate my life"? Again, aren't YOU the one freaking out over some comments about a poll? This is an internet forum on POLLS. Reevaluate that.

I guess all those Hilary voters from 2008 will be darting over to the Romney side because Romney's wife is such a figure of the typical American woman.  Again, who said this? Are you really that upset that Ann Romney is that well liked? I get the point that you wanted to come across in your post as all pissed off and belligerent, I just don't get why.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies