Legitimate concerns about "crazy girls". (Serious thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:48:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Legitimate concerns about "crazy girls". (Serious thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legitimate concerns about "crazy girls". (Serious thread)  (Read 526 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2012, 03:51:54 AM »

I have a serious question for discussion that I wish to get an opinion on.

Many girls between the ages of 18-25 are what me, guys I've worked with and others label, "crazy". We mean this is in a serious, legitimate way.

Now, before people jump on me and flame me, I'm being very serious. I've met girls, known girls, dated girls, and many of them all end up having that one "crazy" factor.

Examples?

I'll meet a girl who seems awesome. On the first date, she'll tell me a story about an insane ex-boyfriend who kidnapped her and drove her across six states until she was rescued.

This is false, of course. Had this really happened, it would have been a national news story. Yet, as she tells me this obvious falsehood, her reaction and expression to telling the story is genuine. That's an example of what I mean by, "crazy". Does she know she's lying? Why is she saying it? I don't understand.

I'll know a girl who gives me her phone number. I'll call her later that evening. The 30 second conversation goes like this:

ME: Hey.
HER: Hey, what's up?
ME: Ahh not much, just got off work and had a beer with a few co-workers.
HER: Oh really, what kind?
ME: Heineken.
HER: (long pause) Um....I shouldn't go there....
ME: What?
HER: My ex-boyfriend drank Heineken. He used to beat me.

CRAZY ALERT. 20 seconds into our first conversation this girl who lives at home with her parents still and is only 21 years old is going to tell me how she was beaten like mad by an ex-boyfriend? Maybe after she knew me better I could believe it but I don't believe that you confide this information with someone you barely know unless it's false. Why would she say this? Does she think it will make people like her more or something? Does she know it's a lie?

I'll go out with a girl. She coughs. I say, "You okay?" Instead of saying it's a cold, or a tickle in her throat, she says, "Ahhh well...I shouldn't tell you...my roommate tried to poison me once with paint thinner."

WAY TO KILL AN EVENING! I HIGHLY doubt this is true. THEN WHY DO THEY SAY IT?

I don't know many people. The fact that I know so many girls off the top of my head the last few years who have told obvious false stories about rape, beatings, kidnapping, trauma ect begin to give me doubts about ever finding a serious woman to marry someday. These aren't just over the top stories. They are over the top stories revealed by the girl within a very short time of knowing them.

I would very much like opinions. I find this to be a serious subject.

Thank you.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:22:26 AM »

Some of it is probably attention seeking and some of it might be true/real.  A kidnapping isn't necessarily a national (or even local) news story.  A specific brand of beer bringing up past memories isn't super unusual.  I'll grant you that your third story is a bit odd..well, they are all a bit odd, especially the fact that they are saying this weird sh**t so soon in the relationship.  But men doing sh**tty things to women is way more common than it should be.  I've heard many a horror story from some of the women in my life.

...or they could be telling tall tails to get rid of you.

...or you just attract the crazy.

With all that said, you shouldn't let a woman's past, by itself, scare you away.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:32:43 AM »

tl;dr
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 06:36:22 AM »

Since when did making up stories about domestic abuse to avoid romantic advances from Naso qualify as "crazy"?  Seems totally rational to me.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

Since when did making up stories about domestic abuse to avoid romantic advances from Naso qualify as "crazy"?  Seems totally rational to me.

I'll wager that isn't it, as amusing at it sounds. In fact, given what we've seen of Naso, and given where he is (some backwater in Ohio?), I'd say these girls might consider him a reasonable candidate for romance - perhaps e'en a 'catch'.

It probably has more to do with the type of girls Naso is encountering, which is again down to his very poor environment.  I've actually totally lost track of the Naso saga, but if I remember rightly he isn't in college or doing anything particularly edifying?

Naso, where do you work?  Where do you meet these girls?  At your age and from your background you should be at one place and one place only - OSU. Try to pursue and date only middle class girls from reasonably sheltered backgrounds, Naso.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 01:18:20 PM »

Naso, where do you work?  Where do you meet these girls?  At your age and from your background you should be at one place and one place only - OSU. Try to pursue and date only middle class girls from reasonably sheltered backgrounds, Naso.

Sage advice.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 01:40:18 PM »

Sage advice.

Its what I did, worked for me.

The one time - the only time - that I dated a non-middle-class girl (I met her in a laundramat!) it worked out just as one might predict.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »

Sage advice.

The one time - the only time - that I dated a non-middle-class girl (I met her in a laundramat!) it worked out just as one might predict.

In the Cleveland burb where Naso lives, and judging by his descriptions of them, I'd say he met them at Freddie's Bar, Joe's Pub, or the bowling alley.....not OSU.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »

Sage advice.

In the Cleveland burb where Naso lives, and judging by his descriptions of them, I'd say he met them at Freddie's Bar, Joe's Pub, or the bowling alley.....not OSU.

Yeah, precisely - what can one expect.  Its no doubt a world a bit like 'Always Sunny in Philadelphia'.  The one time I dated a kind of 'working class' girl, she was a very nice person, she just had various personal troubles.  (come to think of it, she was actually a student somewhere I think, now I can't remember).  But the troubles were shocking to me coming from my sheltered background - she 1) smoked crack one time!, 2) had dated a... ahem.. man of color, with whom she smoked crack (and she loaned him her car!), and 3) was pregnant the whole time I dated her with an ex's baby (hence her appealing horniness/bustiness), though in fairness it should be noted the ex in question was not the Black in question.  None of this really effected me - though I did pay for an abortion for her because the money was nothing to me.

The whole affair served to confirm my natural severe classism - that is, about dating.  Though I do believe - I heard - she continued in her school and did fine.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 02:14:02 PM »

Sage advice.

Yeah, precisely - what can one expect.  Its no doubt a world a bit like 'Always Sunny in Philadelphia'.  The one time I dated a kind of 'working class' girl, she was a very nice person, she just had various personal troubles.  (come to think of it, she was actually a student somewhere I think, now I can't remember).  But the troubles were shocking to me coming from my sheltered background - she 1) smoked crack one time!, 2) had dated a... ahem.. man of color, with whom she smoked crack (and she loaned him her car!), and 3) was pregnant the whole time I dated her with an ex's baby (hence her appealing horniness/bustiness), though in fairness it should be noted the ex in question was not the Black in question.  None of this really effected me - though I did pay for an abortion for her because the money was nothing to me.

The whole affair served to confirm my natural severe classism - that is, about dating.  Though I do believe - I heard - she continued in her school and did fine.

Damn, that would make an awesome tearjerker movie, opebo.  Cry
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »

Damn, that would make an awesome tearjerker movie, opebo.  Cry

Hah, actually the remarkable thing about it was those little things didn't bother her one bit - she was cheerful throughout!  Those things bothered me with my middle-class prudery far more than her.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2012, 04:26:26 PM »

I haven't read the OP yet, but judging by the thread title I will give one sufficient piece of advice:

Run, damn it.  Run.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies