2012-2013 NFL General Discussion Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2012-2013 NFL General Discussion Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: 2012-2013 NFL General Discussion Thread.  (Read 5940 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »

Talk about the NFL to your heart's content.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 12:01:57 PM »

I hope the 49ers are going to be on TV this week; I can't wait to see them lose to Green Bay.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »

Jets offense was bad in the preseason but their defense should be better and among best in league. So I think you are playing with fire, Grumps.

I suppose I'll play this year, Eagles.

I'm gonna take a chance they're still rusty, patrick......and the Bills don't beat teams they should.....so why the hell not!  Wink  You're smart to pick teh Iggles early.....Vick might not last past week 3.

Yep, I'll take Vick while he is still upright.  By same logic, Broncs may be decent pick earlier on.
Ugh, if this offense could somehow get on track the Jets would have a damn good team.  Good luck with Steelers this year. I was actually looking at a trip to Pittsburgh for week 2 but since it is home opener etc tickets looked too pricey.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:05:37 PM »

I hope the 49ers are going to be on TV this week; I can't wait to see them lose to Green Bay.

Wait, what?  Who do you support, Xahar?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 12:07:47 PM »

The baseball Giants.......other than that he's not a hometown boy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 12:09:33 PM »

I think the Steelers have an excellent chance of losing this week of all of them.....our pass defense seems suspect to me and Payton might carve us up like Thanksgiving turkey.

Harrison might not play and if he does he probably won't be a factor......Ryan Clark can't play in the Denver elevation and that messes Troy up.......could be a long night.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 12:11:25 PM »

Yep, I'm actually thinking about changing my pick to the Broncos.  Peyton has always been real good in Primetime games too.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 12:12:36 PM »

Yep, I'm actually thinking about changing my pick to the Broncos.  Peyton has always been real good in Primetime games too.

I just can't pick another team against my Steelers.....not possible Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »

No, I am a 49ers fan, but sarcasm doesn't come off all that well in print.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »

No, I am a 49ers fan, but sarcasm doesn't come off all that well in print.

Try a smiley, punk.  Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 02:20:18 PM »

I'm known for being a big Soccer fan in a country that doesn't care for it. On Sunday, I'll be following the season openers from a country I'm visiting to attend Soccer matches; a country that doesn't care about (American) Football. I think I've come full circle. Tongue

Now to find a place in Naples to watch the Eagles smoke the Browns. Tongue I think I'll have to settle for watching on my laptop though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 02:52:54 PM »

Why do we have to play all the tough teams on the road? It seems like the Niners' greatest rival is the schedule makers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »

I am hoping the Cowboys can at least do better than 8-8.  If we make the playoffs, great, but I just want a winning season, preferably one with 10 wins or more.

Since I am in Utah, I will be following the Broncos and 49ers a lot closer since they are the closest teams to me.  I will never stop being a Cowboys fan, just like I will never stop being an Oklahoma Sooners fan or Oklahoma City Thunder fan.  I will just 'follow' the local/regional teams.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 09:09:33 AM »

Why do we have to play all the tough teams on the road? It seems like the Niners' greatest rival is the schedule makers.

Have you seen the Giants schedule?  Not just road but home......awful.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »

I am hoping the Cowboys can at least do better than 8-8.  If we make the playoffs, great, but I just want a winning season, preferably one with 10 wins or more.

Since I am in Utah, I will be following the Broncos and 49ers a lot closer since they are the closest teams to me.  I will never stop being a Cowboys fan, just like I will never stop being an Oklahoma Sooners fan or Oklahoma City Thunder fan.  I will just 'follow' the local/regional teams.
From moving around a bit, I've noticed you tend to hate or "come to an understanding" with the local favorite team.  I've done the latter with the Huskers.  I'm not a fan, but I watch games from time to time, I'd rather they win than lose (unless they are playing one of my teams, but that's a short list in college football:Air Force and Illinois) and I know a bit more about the team than I should.  But I'm not a fan.  I'd never wear Husker gear....and I do wear a little sports gear (Steelers hat, Cardinals tshirt).
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »

Go Ravens.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 09:43:32 AM »

I am hoping the Cowboys can at least do better than 8-8.  If we make the playoffs, great, but I just want a winning season, preferably one with 10 wins or more.

Since I am in Utah, I will be following the Broncos and 49ers a lot closer since they are the closest teams to me.  I will never stop being a Cowboys fan, just like I will never stop being an Oklahoma Sooners fan or Oklahoma City Thunder fan.  I will just 'follow' the local/regional teams.

I'm a 49ers fan because of my dad, who picked it up when he lived in Utah in the late '80s, when it was 49ers country. Of course, the 49ers were big everywhere back then; I haven't spent a lot of time in Utah, so it's quite possible that it's lain dormant during the last decade. As I understand it, people don't much care for the Broncos there, since Colorado and Utah do have a natural rivalry.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 01:54:47 PM »

Have you seen the Giants schedule?  Not just road but home......awful.

It comes with the territory of winning your division. With that said, I think the Giants would rather play on the road. It seems to work out better for them. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »

We've got a good defensive struggle brewing in New Jersey.  3-0 Giants lead and that only thanks to a Tony Romo miscue that nearly resulted in a defensive touchdown if not stopped by a horse-collar penalty.

Both defenses look pretty decent.  This game won't go any higher than 14-17 points for the winner.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 08:38:11 PM »

This game is so diabolically disastrous. Sooooo satisfying...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:55 PM »

I was thrilled when Tony Romo got the first touchdown of the new season and lead 7-3 early in the 3rd quarter!  If our defense can hold, Dallas may have a chance to take one away from New York and go into Seattle 1-0 next Sunday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »

Dallas just escaped the hardest place for them to win with a victory!  We not only get to go to Seattle with a 1-0 record, but we have a major leg up in the division already by winning a division game on the road!  It also boosts the Cowboys confidence.  Anybody who had Tony Romo on their fantasy team is probably smiling right now.  Same goes with Ogletree.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 03:30:50 AM »

Alex Smith sets the team record for most consecutive regular season passing attempts without an interception, breaking Steve Young's record of 184. I think this might be the year that Alex gets some respect.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:02:21 AM »

Alex Smith sets the team record for most consecutive regular season passing attempts without an interception, breaking Steve Young's record of 184. I think this might be the year that Alex gets some respect.

Outside of SF?  Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »

Outside of SF?  Wink

Yeah. He earned plenty of respect from Niners fans last year, but it seems that everyone else walked away thinking that he still sucked. This year, the movement goes nationwide! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies