2012-2013 NFL General Discussion Thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:28:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2012-2013 NFL General Discussion Thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2012-2013 NFL General Discussion Thread.  (Read 6105 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:30 AM »

I am hoping the Cowboys can at least do better than 8-8.  If we make the playoffs, great, but I just want a winning season, preferably one with 10 wins or more.

Since I am in Utah, I will be following the Broncos and 49ers a lot closer since they are the closest teams to me.  I will never stop being a Cowboys fan, just like I will never stop being an Oklahoma Sooners fan or Oklahoma City Thunder fan.  I will just 'follow' the local/regional teams.
From moving around a bit, I've noticed you tend to hate or "come to an understanding" with the local favorite team.  I've done the latter with the Huskers.  I'm not a fan, but I watch games from time to time, I'd rather they win than lose (unless they are playing one of my teams, but that's a short list in college football:Air Force and Illinois) and I know a bit more about the team than I should.  But I'm not a fan.  I'd never wear Husker gear....and I do wear a little sports gear (Steelers hat, Cardinals tshirt).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:25:17 PM »

Patriots....losing at home....to an NFC West team that isn't the Niners....I don't say "lol" often but LOL!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 04:03:48 PM »

Well he's better than most Jets fans think he is, but I don't know about "great".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »

Jets can't move the ball unless the refs move it for them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

That was embarrassing. We need to beat the Dolphins before losing two straight.
To be fair to the Jets, that was a much more important game for the Steelers than it was for the Jets.  The Steelers had to win that game, the Jets just needed it.  Losing on the road to a good team isn't the end of the world.  Ya better win that game next week in Miami though 'cause your schedule ain't getting any easier after that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:16:56 AM »

Where do we all stand on giants/bucs "victory" formation issue?  I say the Bucs were in the right here.  If you're a score or less from winning and there is still time on the clock, eff the team with the lead and go balls out trying to get a turnover.  The leading team doesn't get to decide when the game is over, the clock does.  Eli (who I like) and the rest of the Giants (who I enjoy watching beat the Patsies in the Super Bowl) are being giant pansies about this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 07:59:34 PM »

I heard one guy say that the clock should stop if the offense fails to advance the ball, I'm not sure about that.  My issue isn't with the victory formation itself, it's offenses crying about the defense still caring.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »

We certainly seem to have a lot of Niners and Steelers fans.  Which makes me wonder.....
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 02:16:19 AM »

Poll
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies