WI-Sen, Marquette: Thompson with a 9 point lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:51:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI-Sen, Marquette: Thompson with a 9 point lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-Sen, Marquette: Thompson with a 9 point lead  (Read 1404 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
« edited: August 22, 2012, 12:54:10 PM by krazen1211 »

Thompson 50
Baldwin 41

Dominating! That is a 4 point gain from the last Marquette poll.

One wonders why the Wisconsin Democratic party decided to give away this Senate seat.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »

Last Marquette poll had 48/43. Now 50/41. Excellent news. Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:51:36 PM »

The % of Obama/Thompson voters is going to be fascinating. Hope they show that in the full results.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »

Ah, someone seems to have mistweeted.

http://twitter.com/amyewalter/status/238327461400698882
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2012, 05:07:34 PM by MilesC56 »

One wonders why the Wisconsin Democratic party decided to give away this Senate seat.

I thought the whole point of Kohl retiring was so that Feingold could get back to the Senate.

I always thought Baldwin was too far left to win statewide and I was very disappointed when she was the only high profile Democrat that ran.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:14:47 PM »

Thompson 50
Baldwin 41

They have really become a horrible state party (even by democrat standards). 
The leadership is lunatics Mike Tate and Graham Zeilinski
They have no good candidates.  Seriously nobody interesting, smart, serious, accomplished... anything.  I mean Feingold is at the top of the list, a loser who spent 18 years in the United States senate accomplishing.... NOTHING.  He got his name on an unconstitutional bill... wow great job Russ. 
Herb Kohl apparently meddles in Milk price controls/subsidies, this makes him the biggest workhorse they have (when they wake him up). 

They used to pretend to be moderate and reasonable, but that wing disappeared when they had absolute power during the corrupt Doyle years. 
They used to have better candidates than republicans in Wisconsin.  Now they literally have no candidates and the people in office are aging.  The GOP under Pribus turned into wizards of recruitment. 
I mean if I had to make a list, you'd be looking at Ron Kind-a wussy congressman with a bad voting record and maybe Marina Dimitrijevic -- Chairwoman of the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors-- she's apparently ambitious and ruthless.  Still young and unaccomplished, which knocks her down to #2 on a list of 2.  Jeez is this party pathetic.                     
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »

Thompson 50
Baldwin 41

I just think somewhere the decision was made by Democrats to forget about wisconsin Falling population can drain resources occupying time and money for 10 electoral votes. While states like Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia and Colorado are increasing as the population increases the more the state leans democratic. So best to plan ahead for the future and put the people on the ground.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

Wisconsin's population isn't falling and it isn't loosing representation in the EC.  It isn't gaining representation either though if that's what you mean.     
sg0508
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »

And finally, the GOP makes a smart choice in the primary.  This could have been another DE/CO/NV from 2010.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »

I thought the whole point of Kohl retiring was so that Feingold could get back to the Senate.

I always thought Baldwin was too far left to win statewide and I was very disappointed when she was the only high profile Democrat that ran.

Why didn't Feingold run anyway? Yes he might have had trouble against Thompson, but he'd still would've pulled it out anyway.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »

Keep in mind that Feingold always struggled in his election campaigns. His ceiling was 55% in 2004 against a no-name and really struggled in 1998.

Against Thompson, I doubt he wins.  His politics were also far to the left of WI, although it's a bluish state.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 09:33:40 AM »

Yeah, the idea that Feingold was some rock star in Wisconsin was a myth.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 06:01:06 AM »

Yeah, the idea that Feingold was some rock star in Wisconsin was a myth.
I think he's more popular outside Wisconsin.  He's either done with politics or he knows he has to get his negatives down by "laying low" for awhile. 
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »

Of course, part of why Feingold's earlier election wins were underwhelming was because of his absolutism on campaign finance rules for his own campaign.  In 1998, for example, he was vastly outspent by Neumann, because he wouldn't accept any outside money from the national party.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »

Now that this is the Feingold thread,
He had good campaign ads the first few campaigns that made him look nice, reasonable, and funny.  This is an amazing accomplishment of advertising considering Russ Feingold is the least funny man in the world.  He's basically a jerk (ask his ex wives), which would be alright if his politics were reasonable, but they aren't.  He is pretty smart, but when you're misguided that doesn't mean much.     
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »

They found a smokin gun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YDaXqyL-Y

Tammy Baldwin has taken the peculiar tactic of associating Thompson with winners like Scott Walker and Paul Ryan and associating herself with a loser like Feingold. I don't quite get it.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:23:12 PM »

You just know ever person in that video lives in Madison.  They get this broken down addled look.  It's 60 square miles of twilight zone, surrounded by reality.  Frankly I'm a bit concerned that if a zombie apocalypse happens, it will start in Madison.  I mean Milwaukee has bad politicians, but it isn't a kook town like Madison.  Oddly, I still like going there (in small doses anyway).           
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 12:26:13 AM »

They found a smokin gun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YDaXqyL-Y

Tammy Baldwin has taken the peculiar tactic of associating Thompson with winners like Scott Walker and Paul Ryan and associating herself with a loser like Feingold. I don't quite get it.
umm ok lol at the vid
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies