FL-various: Republicans lead in 10, 13, 18, 22, 26 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:09:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  FL-various: Republicans lead in 10, 13, 18, 22, 26 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-various: Republicans lead in 10, 13, 18, 22, 26  (Read 1680 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: September 05, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »

In the race for Representative in Congress from District 9 do you support Republican Todd Long or Democrat Alan Grayson?
 Todd Long:         41.0%   
 Alan Grayson:    45.8%   
 Undecided:         13.2%

Ohhhh hahahaha man. This is a district that went 60% for Obama and 39% McCain.
I think Florida Republicans may have inadvertently drawn the most Democratic Bush/Obama district possible without crassly gerrymandered lines. Because yes, this district actually narrowly voted for George W Bush in 2004 (but not 2000, I think, based on Osceola County's swing between those two elections.)

I kind of wonder about the district selection here. Who gives a damn about the 3rd and 12th districts? How about including the 2nd or 26th instead?

I'm currently studying in the 2nd and I'm afraid to tell you it won't be interesting at all. The Democrat, Al Lawson, is a black Tallahassee liberal in a district that only could have been won by a blue dog (like the 2nd place candidate, Leo Bembry) in a good Democratic year. That and Southerland hasn't really screwed up more then average for a tea-partier so it would be hard to dislodge him. Interesting fact, one of my professors ran against him in the primary and got last place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies