Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 12096 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »

Calling Florida a lock for Republicans over this is just as dumb as calling Florida a lock for Democrats over Paul Ryan.

I'm sure Fox News will be playing this for months though, so it may have staying power.
NY Jew

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »

any jew who votes for this party is like a jew who votes fro the Nazi party.
Finally, somebody sees the light!
I voted against OSama last time and very likely will vote for Romney this time.  I'M thinking of using a write-in vote.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:14 PM »

I found that completely rigged vote funny. And people were charging the Republican conventionw as rigged? They pretty clearly didn't have two-thirds and just ignored it.

As I pointed out during the RNC, it is common to script these things out.  It is common in most large meetings.  It is fairly common to actually hire a professional parliamentarian to stand there and whisper to the chair what to do when the go off script.  I'd have to take a look at the rules, but a 2/3 vote is usually taken be a standing vote.

One of the deputy parliamentarians at the RNC was actually a Professional Registered Parliamentarian; I don't think the Democrats hired one.  

What happened was a minor problem.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »

Finally, somebody sees the light!
I voted against OSama last time and very likely will vote for Romney this time.  I'M thinking of using a write-in vote.

You probably should go ahead and write in who you really want.  Why defy your gut?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »

Still angry about being thrown out of the RNC? At least they could've let you keep your peanuts..... Sad
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:19 PM »

I saw a fuzzy video of Kay Hagan saying "There is no God."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 12:04:53 AM by Badger »

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/8/51da8528-1f39-4da1-9e3a-a4cd5fd70363.jpg
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 09:01:02 PM »

This is going to make talking to relatives who have NY Jew-style beliefs even harder. Thanks, Democrats.

No, but seriously, it's not a campaign-killer, but Republicans are really, really good at taking advantage of bad moments like this, while Democrats suck for some reason. And I wouldn't limit this to Florida (though neither would I overestimate is) -- I keep having to refer back to Gallup to show you people how across-the-board support for Israel really is among the American populace (nobody disputes politicians, but it's just as good in the general population):

http://www.gallup.com/poll/153092/americans-continue-tilt-pro-israel.aspx
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 09:02:59 PM »

Maybe you can start to realize that a lot of people don't believe in the legitimacy of Israel and naming Jerusalem as its capital gives it legitimacy. If Jews have a problem with this, they can move directly to their "homeland".

Yes, that's right, the path to victory for the Democrats is to deny the existential legitimacy of a nuclear power (and one of the US' closest allies) and imply that their second most loyal constituency should leave the country.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

You're disgusting, and I'm horrified that we share the shame religion.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »

This is going to make talking to relatives who have NY Jew-style beliefs even harder. Thanks, Democrats.

No, but seriously, it's not a campaign-killer, but Republicans are really, really good at taking advantage of bad moments like this, while Democrats suck for some reason. And I wouldn't limit this to Florida (though neither would I overestimate is) -- I keep having to refer back to Gallup to show you people how across-the-board support for Israel really is among the American populace (nobody disputes politicians, but it's just as good in the general population):

Yes on all points.

This will be played ad nauseum a la "You didn't build that".

And the anti-Israel movement in this country by and large remains a very loud, nasty fringe group that is in the vast minority.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »

Goes to show far a noble party has fallen. This is clearly no longer the party of my grandma.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2012, 09:19:50 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

So the Republican platform contains far right extremism, but the Democrats quickly change the parts of their platform that Republicans don't like? As for this Jerusalem thing, there are zero embassies in Jerusalem, so declaring that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel is pretty controversial. It sounds like the changes didn't get the required 2/3rds vote. Weren't the conventions about keeping your base happy? Looks like fail there. Obama deserves a negative bounce for this pure idiocy.
danny
Israel

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks that having that having a "vote" based literally on who shouts loudest, is crazy? It looks like a game show.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks that having that having a "vote" based literally on who shouts loudest, is crazy? It looks like a game show.

The ayes would have had to be twice as loud as the nays for this to get the required 2/3rds. Of course it didn't get that.
NY Jew

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 09:26:06 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 12:00:52 AM by Badger »

You're disgusting, and I'm horrified that we share the shame religion.
you vote for the anti semetic party and I'm disgusting.

If you want I can cite sources for this whole paragraph)
the fact is that in the 1950's, and 1960's Orthodox Jews used to vote for the democratic party way more then the avg Jew.  Orthodox Jews supported the candidate you supposedly like (Scoop Jackson) way more then the avg Jew did.  Fact is that almost every single democratic congressman who campaigns for the Orthodox vote tries to portray themselves as a Jackson democrat.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 09:29:33 PM »

Maybe you can start to realize that a lot of people don't believe in the legitimacy of Israel and naming Jerusalem as its capital gives it legitimacy. If Jews have a problem with this, they can move directly to their "homeland".

A lot of people, but not in the US: http://www.gallup.com/poll/153092/americans-continue-tilt-pro-israel.aspx

I'm bookmarking that page for future linking use.
danny
Israel

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 09:36:58 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2012, 09:52:46 PM by danny »

NY Jew what your doing in this thread is almost like holocaust denial. By comparing ordinary political disagreements with Nazism, you are diminishing the magnitude of how the Nazis were.
danny
Israel

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »

The ayes would have had to be twice as loud as the nays for this to get the required 2/3rds. Of course it didn't get that.

I don't care about that, I couldn't possibly take seriously a "vote" conducted in this manner, regardless of the outcome, it inherently discriminates against people whose voice isn't as loud. to have a serious vote they could have an electronic voting system instead.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »

Lololol because opposing the crusader state you love so much is tantamount to boycotting Jewish businesses and burning down synagogues and murdering innocent people.

You're an idiot.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »

And for once I agree with danny.  Having a voice vote on such a contentious issue is stupid, and it seems to me like it was simply a case of Villaraigosa hearing what he wanted to hear.

How anybody who really considers themselves progressive can support the Democratic Party is beyond me.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »

You do realize how crazy that sounds?
NY Jew

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 10:12:52 PM »

Yes on all points.

And the anti-Israel movement in this country by and large remains a very loud, nasty fringe group that is in the vast minority.
it might be in the vast minority in the country but it is a majority of the democrat elite. (at least when added together with the militant atheists )
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 10:14:30 PM »

cool
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »

Yes on all points.

it might be in the vast minority in the country but it is a majority of the democrat elite. (at least when added together with the militant atheists )

Hurr yeah that's why the DNC chairwoman denied any ruckus occurred over the al-Quds vote, and why they tried very hard to get that rammed through at the request of Obama.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies