Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:56:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats Boo Moving US Embassy to Jerusalem  (Read 12132 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 06, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »

I am glad there were at least a few people willing to stand up to the Zionists and the religious extremists who want to marginalize atheists.

And being against Zionism (which is harmful to the long term interests of the Jewish people) is not being anti-semitic.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 05:21:44 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2012, 05:27:09 PM by Senator Sbane »

I am glad there were at least a few people willing to stand up to the Zionists and the religious extremists who want to marginalize atheists.

And being against Zionism (which is harmful to the long term interests of the Jewish people) is not being anti-semitic.

95% of the countries of the world with a significant Jewish population have turned on the Jews at some point. Zionism exists to allow the Jews to determine their own fate and ensure that mass slaughter of Jewish minorities never happens again.

Not every anti-Zionist is anti-semitic, but to be strongly anti-Zionist means that anti-semitism must not be a big concern.

How does Zionism ensure that mass slaughters of Jewish minorities never happen again? They can only control what happens in Israel, not anywhere else. And considering the way they don't care about what the rest of the world thinks, they make attacks on Jews more likely.

Jews should be living in countries where they are accepted, like the USA. And while the Arabs/Palestinians are definitely crazy, in return the Israelis enact apartheid where Arabs are kept separate and treated as 2nd class citizens, which makes the world turn against them. I just don't see how anyone can look at the situation in Israel and think it makes the Jewish people safer. They should have tried to create a Jewish state in Wyoming, rather than a place that is holy for all the 3 violent religions of the world. Nobody would have even noticed.

And please don't give me the bullsh**t that I don't care about Jewish people. I can understand reality that the Jewish people have basically two options in Israel now. They can appease their neighbors, go back to a smaller size which would work out for the time being but could put them under intense pressure later on. The other option is just killing Arabs without mercy. Neither is going to be good for the Jewish people in the long term. Anyways I would hope they do option 1 and gain political capital with the rest of the world, which would then hopefully ensure Israel's existence into the future.

And just to ramble some more, I don't like the idea of ethno-religious states. It's the same as having a white state or a black state in my mind. It offends my sensibilities. But if the goal was to create safety for the Jewish people...should have done it in Wyoming.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »

95% of the countries of the world with a significant Jewish population have turned on the Jews at some point. Zionism exists to allow the Jews to determine their own fate and ensure that mass slaughter of Jewish minorities never happens again.

Not every anti-Zionist is anti-semitic, but to be strongly anti-Zionist means that anti-semitism must not be a big concern.

Anti-semetism isn't a societal problem, it's a Jewish problem.

You're right, the ongoing blood vendetta against Jewish existence by a large group of non-Jews is a Jewish problem. And that's why we dealt with it by securing our own country and building a large nuclear arsenal.

You mean by stealing the land from the native peoples and turning them into refugees...Roll Eyes

And if Jews are all as tribalistic as you suggest - and they all want to live in Israel - why don't they all just move there?

Point proven.

Do you dispute that land was taken from Arabs using terrorist tactics?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 05:34:10 PM »

Also I would like to point out that if not supporting Israel's policies and the messed up way they got their land means you hate all Jewish people all around the world, the converse would mean that if you support Israel then you are a dirty racist who hates Arabs/Palestinians and would like to get rid of them by violent means?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »

This is why comments like NY Jew's are so harmful.

Because by claiming everyday Democrats are anti-semitic, it makes it a lot harder to make the point when people actually are being anti-semitic. And there are plenty of anti-semites on the far-left.
I'm not claiming that everyday Democrats are anti-semitic, I'm claiming that majority of democratic delegates (party "elite") are anti-semitic and/or militantly atheist.

Its almost like you tie being atheist to being antisemitic. Believe it or not, it is possible to disagree with Israel and still not hate Jewish people.
yes it is possible to not being antisemitic but theirs a probability around 99.99% of being antisemitic.

Do you hate the Palestinian people? Are you racist against them?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »

This is why comments like NY Jew's are so harmful.

Because by claiming everyday Democrats are anti-semitic, it makes it a lot harder to make the point when people actually are being anti-semitic. And there are plenty of anti-semites on the far-left.
I'm not claiming that everyday Democrats are anti-semitic, I'm claiming that majority of democratic delegates (party "elite") are anti-semitic and/or militantly atheist.

Its almost like you tie being atheist to being antisemitic. Believe it or not, it is possible to disagree with Israel and still not hate Jewish people.
yes it is possible to not being antisemitic but theirs a probability around 99.99% of being antisemitic.

Do you hate the Palestinian people? Are you racist against them?
did you know that Gaza had a Waterpark that the group that your NAZI party decided (by taking it out of it's platform) to burn down.

go cry me a river. (and then do something that I can't say due to censorship in it)

Can someone translate this post for me?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 06:40:43 AM »

How does Zionism ensure that mass slaughters of Jewish minorities never happen again? They can only control what happens in Israel, not anywhere else. And considering the way they don't care about what the rest of the world thinks, they make attacks on Jews more likely.

Jews should be living in countries where they are accepted, like the USA. And while the Arabs/Palestinians are definitely crazy, in return the Israelis enact apartheid where Arabs are kept separate and treated as 2nd class citizens, which makes the world turn against them. I just don't see how anyone can look at the situation in Israel and think it makes the Jewish people safer. They should have tried to create a Jewish state in Wyoming, rather than a place that is holy for all the 3 violent religions of the world. Nobody would have even noticed.

And please don't give me the bullsh**t that I don't care about Jewish people. I can understand reality that the Jewish people have basically two options in Israel now. They can appease their neighbors, go back to a smaller size which would work out for the time being but could put them under intense pressure later on. The other option is just killing Arabs without mercy. Neither is going to be good for the Jewish people in the long term. Anyways I would hope they do option 1 and gain political capital with the rest of the world, which would then hopefully ensure Israel's existence into the future.

And just to ramble some more, I don't like the idea of ethno-religious states. It's the same as having a white state or a black state in my mind. It offends my sensibilities. But if the goal was to create safety for the Jewish people...should have done it in Wyoming.
and then you would have said we took the Indians land.

1846 population of Jerusalem
Jews 7,515
Muslims 6,100
Christians 3,558

current population of Jerusalem
Jews 497,000
Muslims 281,000
Christians 14,000

Well, we did take the Native American's lands....but for the most part we don't treat them as second class citizens or at least don't mean to. There is an entire health service set up to help them and we don't segregate them into specific areas anymore. They can live wherever they want in America. Palestinians don't get to live where their forefathers did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies