Rate Bill Clinton's speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:49:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Rate Bill Clinton's speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Rate Bill Clinton's speech  (Read 5676 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: September 06, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »

One thing is for sure, contrasting with the RNC, nobody sold Romney like Clinton sold Obama. I don't think it helped Romney much that a lot of speakers barely mentioned his name and only offered tepid support.

Because the RNC was like a dysfunctional family that was forced to get together for Thanksgiving. Any sense of party unity was forced for the good of the election. Never mind the fact that the Party has been splintering for the past four years. Romney has to be the standard bearer for several different warring factions in the GOP, which cannot be done really.

The DNC shows how much more unified the party is in a general sense.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »

I'd give it an 9.

In terms of rhetoric, it was amazing. It was succinct, organized, entertaining and passionate. Towards the end I was hoping they would just nominate Clinton instead. The great thing was that he used hard facts and data to poke holes in the GOP's claims. Usually this puts people to sleep, but Clinton did it in a way that was compelling, basically scolding Romney/Ryan and putting them in their place, which is what he needed to do rhetorically.

The only reason I don't give it a 10 was because of the length. I could see most of America kind of tuning out during the last few minutes. But we all know how much Clinton loves to work up a crowd so you know what you're getting beforehand.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »

I'd give it an 9.

In terms of rhetoric, it was amazing. It was succinct, organized, entertaining and passionate. Towards the end I was hoping they would just nominate Clinton instead. The great thing was that he used hard facts and data to poke holes in the GOP's claims. Usually this puts people to sleep, but Clinton did it in a way that was compelling, basically scolding Romney/Ryan and putting them in their place, which is what he needed to do rhetorically.

The only reason I don't give it a 10 was because of the length. I could see most of America kind of tuning out during the last few minutes. But we all know how much Clinton loves to work up a crowd so you know what you're getting beforehand.

what "hard facts and data" are you talking about?  He didn't really mention anything specific.  Example: "Things are getting better" How?  what is he talking about?  GDP is currently contracting, employment isn't keeping pace, unemployment has been over 8% for more than 40 months, more people are out of work than 4 years ago.  What possible indicator is he talking about?  If there was one wouldn't he mention it?   

Than he says "no president could fix ALL the problems"  Classic Clinton.  That little word in there that you aren't supposed to notice or think about makes it kind of true, but no president ever in any situation ever can fix ALL the problems.  So, what is he talking about?  What point did he really make?  Obama the GM Matt Millen of presidents (amazingly good analogy).  Yea, the Lions weren't that good when he got the job (that's why he got the job), but shouldn't you accomplish something?  Shouldn't the team be better in some way overall? 
I actually feel bad for Clinton.  He has an awfully ugly pig to put lipstick on.       

Clinton is one of the most popular ex presidents in modern history. He's always a good guy to have on your side. Don't ever forget that.

And as far as hard facts, I was talking more about his criticism of Paul Ryan's speech last week, where he talked about Obama's assault on medicare. Clinton basically hit back with details on Ryan's budget. He got a HUGE response from the crowd after this.

It seems to me that you secretly know how good Clinton's speech was and you're a little scared.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies