Office of Zanas46 - Get out to vote !
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:02:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Zanas46 - Get out to vote !
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Zanas46 - Get out to vote !  (Read 5873 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Then why didn't Bacon King inform the legislature and why did he attempt to invalidate the ballots of 12 Atlasian citizens *after* you guys lost an election? We're pretty amenable folks - all he had to do was PM me and I would have been happy to fastrack it.

Simple truth, he wanted to invalidate the ballots, rather than fix the law.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2012, 01:36:45 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2012, 01:42:58 PM by Snowball »

[/quote]

They also spoke and said that you should have a recall election, you can't say that the popular vote only matters

Among whom? Not the people of the IDS. From Labor, yes, which is mere partisanship. If I were Bacon King and I were on your team, you would not be calling for my recall. Everyone argues that they themselves are not partisan, but then they demonstrate the actual reality through their words and actions. [/quote]

The fact that you seceded is motivation, and it was from the people of the IDS. BACON KING IS NOT LABOR, HE IS LIBERAL, HE HAS NO CONNECTION WITH LABOR, ADAM GRIFFIN AND THE REST OF LABOR IS NOT RESPONIBLE FOR HIM OR SEATOWN.

[/quote]

Give me one plot, One plot that someone other then BK or Seatown, then you can rant about all the theories you want as you stand on some street corner. Labor is the single most spread even party, at this point in time, having another party in the south isn;t strategic resgistration, its balancing a party. Now you are accusing Zanas of plotting, you might as well declare that anyone who doesn't share your personal viewpoint and doesn't vote for you is plotting agaisnt you, how you see them in shadows, and run off as you get close. Then there might actually be plots, but they'll be your fault, so don't blame labor for it.

And after that I'm expecting to be called the leader of a jackel pack.

I strongly suspect that you would not be so sanguine should the actions you do to others be returned to yourself. Consider that Velasco, and consider whether you want to be associated with the party that has attempted all of these things inside of a month. Is this really what you want to be known as?
[/quote]
Wow, using the judicial system is evil . I thought it was just another part of government, if you really don't like a case, then countersue, but don't just continuesly rant if you won't act upon it.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2012, 05:55:32 PM »

Absolutely I can.

"They"? Who is "They"? Yes, the Labor party managed to eventually corrall 11. That the recall failed demonstrated that the people of the IDS wanted to keep me on as their legislator.

Bacon King and the Labor party itself argued here and elsewhere that 'no reason' was the reason for recall. No one except their partisan supporters supported recall.

Other than the fact that he represented seatown, etc. Actions >>> words. He's been a good soldier for Labor.

So you admit to plotting. I rest my case. You want to disavow Bacon King and Seatown, then don't collaborate with them. Had Labor walked away from Seatown and Bacon King, no recall would ever have been initiated. Instead, 11 of your people in the IDS signed that petition, binding themselves to his cause. The cause of seatown, the cause of Bacon King and the cause of Labor are one and the same.

You don't like that? Leave the Labor party. Announce how you can no longer collaborate with Bacon King and Seatown. It's up to you, snowball. All I know should I be in your position, I certainly wouldn't be tolerating their nonsense.

Zanas' signature is on the recall petition. Ergo, he has chosen to involve himself in this mess.

Using it for frivolity is a waste of everyone's time.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 07:28:27 AM »

This one is my fault, I meant to say popular vote if it agrees with you, but to address your point it failed by 2 votes, since one person agreed that you'd changed and voted with you, its there, if they switched then it would have been a dead draw. That closeness is not the IDS supports me, its a slight majority of the IDS thinks that I shouldn't be recalled, nothing more.
BS, they pointed out that they don't need a cause to recall you, you could try to recall Griffin for being a bloody labor, and it could possibly work. My point is that there is a reason, you threatened to defect from the IDS, violating laws set down by the government that you have more saying power in then the average atlasian.
No, he's been a good lawyer for seatown in his private ventures against you, as he has personall gain set in getting you out of office. We labor do want you out of office too I guess, but mainly right now because you've been insulting us. We plan to do it through elections and this might slightly undermine us.
I certainly don't admit to plotting, I just predicted that you had essentialy 1 example which you've overused, the idea that since one labor pointed out a loop-hole in your region's elections, all of labor is plotting against you, and the only way to become innocent in to distant oneself from the party that we support because we happen to have 1 radical in our party.
Wow, so everyone that voted against you in plotting against you, nice for you to get a list, but the fact that this many people wanted you to have a recall election means that you are complaining about half of the south right now.
This is a game, considering how active the Supreme Court has been with cases, I think that this is rather interesting for the Allmighty John Dibble.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »

There wasn't a single non-partisan vote in support of recall. Feel free to continue deceiving yourself though.

And yet the recall wasn't ended when the purported 'cause' no longer existed. It was simple. It was all about removing a legislator you didn't like and refighting an election loss. And again, you got beat by the people of the IDS.

And as I said, your cause and his cause are one and the same. I rest my case.

Given as Labor has attempted to overwhelm the region, overturn a valid election, recall a duly elected legislator and have filed not one, but two court cases against said legislator, it's funny to hear you whining about me 'insulting you'.

Suck it up buttercup.

Absolutely labor is plotting against me. You yourself have admitted this is so.

You have a strange definition of half.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »

You should continue with this argument in your own campaign thread, Ben Kenobi. Leave this one for Zanas alone.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

Birmingham, AL, June 29th, 1969

Citizens of Birmingham,

It is my pleasure today to address you in front of this glorious national railway legacy. It took me a few days to invent a time travel machine to come here, but it was worth the work. I would like to take the chance to thank your grandchildren that will re-elect me (with half the total votes !) to a seat in the Imperial Dominion of the South Legislature on the 20th of January, 2013.

I had promised to address them and thank them at the Labor Party convention of late September of 2012 after my very first election to this legislative body, but I hadn't fulfilled my promise. This promise is now retroactively fulfilled.

I ran on a platform of both social justice and environment preservation. It is my deep belief that one cannot go without the other. And even that one cannot go before the other. This is of course something you fellow people of 1969 are not used to, and I won't ask that the whole thing start now.

But you'll have to tell your grandchildren that they need to be aware of the necessity of ensuring their own grandchildren a future in which to live and thrive. Of course, you also have more social equality and justice now that your grandchildren will have, at least in the economic field. You'll have to teach your grandchildren to never let go of your hardly acquired rights and situations.

Now, if I stand before this Terminal Station on the day before the decision will be made to demolish it, it is to make an analogy. The preservation of our historic legacies is very much alike the preservation of the environment. You, the people of 1969, except for a few "lunatics", believe that the demolition of this fine piece of Beaux-Arts architecture will make place to better accomodation for travellers, in a nutshell that it's progress.

But don't be fooled. This will only go downhill for railway and public transport from today onwards. You will be invaded, overwhelmed, by oil-burning cars that will literally fill every space of your life and cities. Oh, yes, oil is a very cheap commidity to get. But wait for four more years...

So I ask you, not to change the course of history, but to keep this message in mind, and 44 years from now, to tell your grandchildren to go and vote Labor in the IDS election of late January 2013, to go and vote Zanas46. I know half of you people will ! And I promise that by then I will have left the state of Georgia to settle in Alabama, the first state there is, alphabetically and so on.

Powering the time machine now... Adios !

ZZZZZZZZWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSHHHHhhhhhhhhhh......................

(         )

(      )

(   )

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 09:01:20 AM »

Congratulations for your great victory (even Ben Kenobi voted for you) and... what an exciting trip to the past!!! It moved me... I'll leave you because I'm cooking the lunch.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:10 AM »

Thanks Velasco, and I sure hope what you cooked was tasty !

I've come back from the past, and I have news for the present, that would've been too much for the 1969 people to cope with : I will be running for the office of Speaker of the South ! I have been bipartisanly re-elected, and I think I will be up to the task if IRL gives me a bit more time (which it should from now on).

I don't think I need to announce this in the candidate declaration thread though ?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »

I would like to welcome my fellow Legislator jerryarkansas from, well, Arkansas, in the race for IDS Speakership. This will ensure the position is held by someone who won a good old democratic vote that will legitimate his action.

We should be holding the vote any time now.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »

Hip hip hurrah !

I've been elected as IDS Legislature Speaker, by a vote of 3 to jerryarkansas' 2. Whereas this is a close call, my adversary made it clear that he was running in order to have a contested race, and I believe that those who didn't vote for me will accept my holding the office and that we will all be working well in the House.

I'll also be shortly introducing a bill making Bretzel the official snack of the Legislature. I'll ask Andrew, our chef, what he can do in that matter, and if needed we'll hire him a Strasbourger aide.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2013, 04:14:03 PM »

Hip hip hurrah !

I've been elected as IDS Legislature Speaker, by a vote of 3 to jerryarkansas' 2. Whereas this is a close call, my adversary made it clear that he was running in order to have a contested race, and I believe that those who didn't vote for me will accept my holding the office and that we will all be working well in the House.

I'll also be shortly introducing a bill making Bretzel the official snack of the Legislature. I'll ask Andrew, our chef, what he can do in that matter, and if needed we'll hire him a Strasbourger aide.

The winds of change are a-blowin.

Congratulations again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2013, 09:14:40 PM »

I remember when our official snack used to be the pimento cheese sandwich. Sad I miss the old south.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »

I remember when our official snack used to be the pimento cheese sandwich. Sad I miss the old south.

I have so many personal, local stories involving pimento cheese sandwiches. Namely, how some of us more frustrated members would call our local political party meetings "The Pimento Cheese Sandwich Social Club Hour", because there was always, always some old person bringing pimento cheese sandwiches and we never got anything done (which, in all fairness, could not be blamed on the pimento cheese sandwiches).

I'm traumatized by the stuff.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 11:02:22 AM »

I just introduced the following bill in the IDS Legislature's debate on the 2013 Budget. This was made a separate bill in order to allow the budget to pass as a whole even if this particular bill doesn't, but I have good hope it will.

To explain things a bit, there are roughly 9 million disabled workers in Atlasia, and that makes roughly 2 to 2.3 million of them in the IDS, as I gathered we make up to a quarter of the total Atlasian population. This bill would cost $4,000 in two years for each worker hired, i.e. $2,000 a budgetary year. Therefore, even if each and every disabled worker in the region were to change employer and be hired the same year, this would cost $4.6 billion in our budget. I think we can well assume that this incentive will therefore not exceed our current positive balance, which would still require one out of each three worker to be newly hired in the Region each year.

Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 11:07:02 AM »

I've also just introduced this gem :

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »

With all due respect, Mr. Legislator, what the hell is a Bretzel?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »

With all due respect, Mr. Legislator, what the hell is a Bretzel?

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »

Schools are places of learning. We should promote proper spelling. You appear to have misspelled pretzel (don't understand how, b and p aren't close to each other on the keyboard, but whatever). Please fix the legislation to reflect proper spelling.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »

Schools are places of learning. We should promote proper spelling. You appear to have misspelled pretzel (don't understand how, b and p aren't close to each other on the keyboard, but whatever). Please fix the legislation to reflect proper spelling.

I think you may have opened a giant can of worms.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »

LIST OF PEOPLE ZANAS WILL STALK, LOOKING FOR GRAMMATICAL & SPELLING ERRORS:

• wolfentoad
  • SJoyce

But, the 'bretzel' is a completely different thing than the 'pretzel' (at least in Atlasia).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »

I think you may have opened a giant can of worms.

Apparently I did.

LIST OF PEOPLE ZANAS WILL STALK, LOOKING FOR GRAMMATICAL & SPELLING ERRORS:

• wolfentoad
  • SJoyce

I don't make those.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2013, 07:10:41 PM »

War is the only possible outcome of what just happened.

I am not unmindful that some of you Bretzelite have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow jail cells. And some of you have come from areas where your quest - quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of police brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Florida, go back to Florida, go back to Florida, go back to Florida, go back to Florida, go back to the slums and ghettos of the state that dares to host such a foe to our cause, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed, and Bretzel-eating will indeed prevail !

M. SJoyce, you made the wrong choice today. Tonight, the whole troups of the BCMPA will be shouting revenge under your windows, and you won't have any sleep until you are maddened to death or you retract your unwise statement.

While the above is radical, we would like a public apology for mocking our beliefs.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUTXb-ga1fo
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »

Howdy to all the people of the South !

I come in front of you today to discuss several topics. I hope I won’t be too long and able to keep your attention, but I know I will (be long) (and able to keep your attention) (or not).

First of all, I haven’t reported to you of my tenure as Legislator and Speaker since I’ve been holding both offices, for nearly two months now.

First, we passed the South’s budget for 2013. I had to work with the Feds in order to pass an incentive bill for companies to hire disabled workers, in exchange for a slight decrease of our corporate income tax. While I don’t support the latter, obviously, the former is a great achievement for vulnerable workers in a capitalist world. It shows great bipartisanship on behalf of the South’s Legislature that it has passed.

After that, we cleaned the legislative docket a bit, tabling bills that lacked any sponsor. Then we moved on to the long debate on the Clean Power Act, a vicious name for a bill that originally wanted to build 50 nuclear reactors in Texas (!!!), and was later amended to build only 11 reactors across the region, with a latest version by Sjoyce (who is not a Legislator though) for double that : 22 reactors in the South.

This debate is still on today. Most of the classic arguments for and against nuclear power were stated before the House. It appears only Labor Legislators are really concerned about building so much potential Tchernobyls or Fukushimas in our region. The right does not seem to have concerns about how we will provide uranium to the plants, by imperialism and neo-colonialism in Africa, or collaborating with one of the largest undemocratic states of the world, Russia. Of course we have uranium reserves, but they will soon be consumed if we have that much reactors built.

We also had the time, in between, to finally pass, unanimously, the fixer amendment to our Constitution written by BaconKing, which is currently open to vote for all citizens.

But speaking of our Constitution, we encountered an electoral snag following March election, which became a larger constitutional crisis. This showed that our Constitution is outdated and contains many parts that are either contrary to the federal one or obsolete. This is clearly the result of a lack of change in the government of our region for months, if not years, before Operation Cottonfield finally brought life and competition back into it.

Now, we are facing a real challenge. We have to make a breakthrough. Arise, the workers of the region, arise, oppressed of the South ! For justice thunders condemnation : a better South's in birth ! It is time to win emancipation, arise, you slaves, no more in thrall ! The South will rise on new foundations : We, who were nothing, shall be all !

We need a new Constitution thought towards the working class of this region, towards the people that strives to survive. What the would-be Emperor Sjoyce is proposing is just another of the same thing. What worries him is that elections (his elections) might be challenged and the law (his law) might not be legitimate if improperly voted upon. But it is always illegitimate while it is inspired by the rich for the rich ! It’s not legitimate if it hasn’t the people’s interest in mind !

So I’m offering my candidacy to run against him in the race for the office that is now known as “Emperor”. As a first commitment, I’ll say loud and clear that I’ll put an end to this imperial rhetoric that has gone for too long now. I will not suffer being called an Emperor, as I will always be an equal amongst equals. We need to normalize the South, as it should simply be named, but we need more than that. We need to go beyond normalization, for most of the other regions are also built on the exploitation of the many by the few. We need to put an end to this.

No nuclear plants will be built without broad assent of the people at-large. We can amend the Constitution with nothing more than a one-vote majority in the House and a 2/3 of valid voters. I feel we should hold a regional referendum on those grounds to know if the People shall be forced to legate to their children and to the 100 subsequent generations an Earth and a Region where there are nuclear plants sitting and rusting on their asses waiting to be decommissioned or become leaking bombs and nuclear wastes crawling under their feet waiting to pollute their water. I even feel it should be 2/3 of registered voters, because the Cesium 137 and Phosphorus 30 do not discriminate based on turnout…

We will not lower the minimum wage, and we will not lower the taxes for the rich. We will instead lower the power the rich have cornered for too long, and lower their indecent fortunes built on the sweat and blood of millions.

All that being said, stays the fact that the South is a magnificent region, an exceptional one, and its People the best there is. So we will make things for the best, I know it. We ought not to do the same as the other regions. We must stay special, so I won’t advocate for getting back to a Governor, an Attorney, a Legislature and all these platitudes. I’ll think of some things that would represent our region the best. You can help me do this.

So I’m running, that’s official. Sjoyce, let’s have this. I’ll still be working as Legislator and Speaker, resign if the Supreme Court doesn’t nullify the whole latest election, and run again. I don’t believe in sh**t like “I’m running for higher office, and that’s double or quits”. There’s always work to be done for the poor, the lonely, the vulnerable and the workers.

Workers of the Sorld, unite ! You have nothing to lose but your chains, and Bretzels you have to gain !

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies