Angus Reid: Canadians and Britons strongly believe in evolution, Americans not (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:12:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Angus Reid: Canadians and Britons strongly believe in evolution, Americans not (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Angus Reid: Canadians and Britons strongly believe in evolution, Americans not  (Read 7936 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 07, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »

For some form of creationism, fine, but I refuse to believe that half my countrymen are some flavor of young-earther. Admittedly mainly because I don't want to believe it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 02:15:13 AM »

Cross national polls on the evolution issue always cause me to be embarrassed, and sometimes even a bit discouraged,  about my nation.  Beyond the religion thing, I think it reflects poorly on the relative quality of our schools. Clear thinking is just not job one.

By far, it's the families and churches. The schools, except for the religious ones, are more than doing their part. It's not the fault of teachers that parents and witch doctors have told children to close their eyes and not look at the man behind the curtain.

There aren't any witch doctors involved, just priests and other ministers of religion who should either know better or not hold their pastoral offices.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies