Angus Reid: Canadians and Britons strongly believe in evolution, Americans not (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Angus Reid: Canadians and Britons strongly believe in evolution, Americans not (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Angus Reid: Canadians and Britons strongly believe in evolution, Americans not  (Read 7927 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: September 07, 2012, 04:25:47 PM »

Americans tend to believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts, and then the people who ignore the facts try to meddle with education and make it so people are taught falsehoods. Not really news.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »

The issue is that people are stupid.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »

In this poll, they give a cop out answer, and still 46% chose the completely batsh**t crazy creationist answer. Only 15% chose the correct answer.
That is quite sad, especially disturbing are the last two points on the graph.

We're growing stupider. I blame Snooki.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:18 AM »

They should also be teaching what the word Theory means in a scientific setting (and I'm pretty sure they did for me....I don't recall if they placed the word before evolution though).  But my point is that Mr.M said that the Fundies got a law past forcing teachers to call it theory, and that's just not true.

Not sure about up north, but in Florida state lawmakers don't exactly know the difference either.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/02/19/us-science-florida-idUSN1929595320080219
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies