The Orgin of Human Life Poll, split by nationality (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:55:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Orgin of Human Life Poll, split by nationality (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these do you believe?
Human beings evolved from less advanced life forms over millions of years (American)

Human beings evolved from less advanced life forms over millions of years (Non-American)

God created human beings in their present form within the last 10,000 years (American)

God created human beings in their present form within the last 10,000 years (Non-American)

Neither of the two (American)

Neither of the two (Non-American)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: The Orgin of Human Life Poll, split by nationality  (Read 4588 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: September 26, 2012, 08:43:52 AM »
« edited: September 26, 2012, 08:46:10 AM by LARGE HAM, THE POSTER »

Is Obamanation aware that a lot of the people who get bashed for believing in Creationism are also the people who openly say the Earth is only 10,000 years old?  A view so crazy that out of the hundreds of christians I've met less than a dozen of them believe it?

I think what is often missed by some christians regarding the whole evolutionary vs. creationist debate is that supporters of evolution aren't attacking them for believing in a supreme being in the cosmos who created everything.  That isn't a radical belief.  What is radical however is the belief that the Earth was created in 8,000 BC and that people were riding dinosaurs and other sh*t.

That, from what I gather, is what pro-evolution people bash the hell out of.  These people aren't made fun of relentlessly for suggesting a God made universe, they are made fun of for saying lunacies like the Earth is younger than some agrarian societies, among other things.  Creationism wouldn't be so made fun of it merely stated "God created the universe", which I consider a sensible view.  What isn't sensible is the conclusions Creationists come to defend such an idea (which includes taking the biblical account of "days" literally and again acting like the Earth is 8,000-10,000 years old) against what they assume to be a unanimously atheist evolution theory.  I never recalled reading anything about evolution theory itself in high school that suggested it precluded the existence of a Supreme Being, only that lifeforms evolved from other lifeforms.  Considering the order of the Creation in Genesis, I wouldn't consider it at all contradictory for one to believe in God and that evolution did take place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies