PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:28:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins  (Read 5512 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »

Yeah, MorningInAmerica, you should definitely emigrate to Kenya in search for better economic opportunities. And if you have a son there who some day decides to run for President, let's hope nobody will question his birth certificate.

When did I question anyone's birth certificate? I was stating an honest fact about Africa. http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Whats_driving_Africas_growth_2601 Are you just trying to be combative and start a fight, or are you just really dumb and don't understand what I was saying to begin with? If it's the latter, don't bother clicking on the link because you won''t understand it anyway.

I can't speak for him, but I don't think he means that.  I personally went to Kenya this past March and had dreams (still have them to an extent) of moving to Kenya.  I think he was just joking about the birther movement.  At least, I hope that's the case!
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 08:34:54 PM by Nagas »

50/45

D+4. 2008: D+8

Romney Favorables: 44/49
Dems Had Better Convention: 47-35
http://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/244970128649904130
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 08:33:23 PM »

Yeah, MorningInAmerica, you should definitely emigrate to Kenya in search for better economic opportunities. And if you have a son there who some day decides to run for President, let's hope nobody will question his birth certificate.

When did I question anyone's birth certificate? I was stating an honest fact about Africa. http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Whats_driving_Africas_growth_2601 Are you just trying to be combative and start a fight, or are you just really dumb and don't understand what I was saying to begin with? If it's the latter, don't bother clicking on the link because you won''t understand it anyway.

I can't speak for him, but I don't think he means that.  I personally went to Kenya this past March and had dreams (still have them to an extent) of moving to Kenya.  I think he was just joking about the birther movement.  At least, I hope that's the case!

I think it was a joke...
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 08:34:23 PM »

PPP tweeted its Obama 50 Romney 45.  Party ID is D +4, compared to D+8 in 2008. Not an insurmountable lead for Romney, but not a great sign for him that, even with a somewhat favorable party break down, he's still down 5.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »

Wow....all that build up for that? How is 5 points "surging past 2008 results"? Their poll from May had Obama up 7 points (50-43%).
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

Wow....all that build up for that? How is 5 points "surging past 2008 results"?

Obama won by 4. He's doing better with weaker Dem turnout.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 08:39:51 PM »

Obama won Ohio in 2008 by (using rounded numbers) 51-47, with a more favorable partisan breakdown. This poll has him up 5 with a less favorable partisan breakdown. I understand you spend your days trolling around the two 2012 boards, but this is very simple math.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »

Overly nitpicky, but it was 4.6 pts that he won by in 2008 in Ohio.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 08:41:26 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 08:43:08 PM by MorningInAmerica »

Obama won Ohio in 2008 by (using rounded numbers) 51-47, with a more favorable partisan breakdown. This poll has him up 5 with a less favorable partisan breakdown. I understand you spend your days trolling around the two 2012 boards, but this is very simple math.

Oh look, it's everyone's favorite word to throw around with people they disagree with. "Troll." How original. Such a simple way to dimiss things you'd rather not have to know about. Awfully protective over PPP eh? Like I said, Obama led 50-43% in May in Ohio, per PPP. This race could go anywhere.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »

Romney unfavorables at -5 (44-49). Still bad.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »

Oh look, it's everyone's favorite word to throw around with people they disagree with. "Troll." How original. Such a simple way to dimiss things you'd rather not have to know about.

You infest almost every thread on these boards and manage to be the hackiest of the hacks in virtually every single one.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yes, and? PPP was comparing their results to the actual 2008 election results, not against their poll results of four months ago.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which no one denies.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »

15% of Ohio Republicans think Romney deserves more credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden? How severe is the brain damage of those folks? How does Romney have anything at all to do with it?
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 08:57:08 PM by MorningInAmerica »

Oh look, it's everyone's favorite word to throw around with people they disagree with. "Troll." How original. Such a simple way to dimiss things you'd rather not have to know about.

You infest almost every thread on these boards and manage to be the hackiest of the hacks in virtually every single one.

Again, I think you would pretty much say that about anyone or anything you disagree with. It's the same with Krazen, JJ, and every other blue avatar you run around calling a "hack," or a "troll." I put up with your ridiculous partisan bullsh*t posts, so you can put up with mine. Isn't there an ignore button you could use somewhere?

Yes, and? PPP was comparing their results to the actual 2008 election results, not against their poll results of four months ago.

Like I said, I don't really see how essentially matching the 2008 result is "surging past the 2008 result." Obama won by 4.6 points in 2008, and all I did was question use of the term "surging." That got you all bent out of shape?

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

If you're standing up in defense of JJ and Krazen's character, of all people, I think you're making my argument for me.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »

Only because the hackiest hacks don't post as broadly.  In any case, I wouldn't call MIA a hack or a troll.  He's definitely highly partisan, but not so much that unlike the real hacks I don't think he's either delusional or putting on an act.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

If you're standing up in defense of JJ and Krazen's character, of all people, I think you're making my argument for me.

Ha. Another deflection. Why don't you just shout "troll" and "hack" a few more times?

Oh, and edited to say thank you sincerely, True Federalist.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

15% of Ohio Republicans think Romney deserves more credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden? How severe is the brain damage of those folks? How does Romney have anything at all to do with it?

If Romney hadn't gotten Obama scared that he might lose reelection, Obama would never have authorized killing a fellow Muslim.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »

Obamamentum marches in Ohio! Unstoppable marching!

That jobs report sure did smother Obama's bounce.

Etc.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »

Just a hunch. Think PPP took real care with this poll, a likely voter poll, and didn't want their first set of polls post convention to seem outlandish, too partisan, or too optimistic for Obama.  With all that, plus 5 suggests, if election held today, Obama would win again by same margin as '08. Think back -- it wasn't even close. Ohio was called very early that night. And, frankly, i have a hard time believing it won't be more like D+6 turnout on election day, instead of this +4.  But its not like, with 2 months to go, things can't change and Romney can't retake the lead in Ohio. Still, he hasn't really led there at all this year, so he clearly needs to refocus his strategy or something if he's going to do it.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »

For a poll taken right after the Democratic convention, it really only has Obama doing two points better than the last PPP poll, taken about a month ago. Sure it's better news for Obama than Romney, but this is probably one of Romney's better polls in the last couple days.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »

Only because the hackiest hacks don't post as broadly.  In any case, I wouldn't call MIA a hack or a troll.  He's definitely highly partisan, but not so much that unlike the real hacks I don't think he's either delusional or putting on an act.
MIA isn't a hack nor a troll. He's just truly believes what he believes, and isn't afraid to let people know it. There are only about 2 troll/hacks on this board, I'm not gonna call any names. Cough.......Winfield & Politico......Cough, Cough.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 09:02:49 PM »

For a poll taken right after the Democratic convention, it really only has Obama doing two points better than the last PPP poll, taken about a month ago. Sure it's better news for Obama than Romney, but this is probably one of Romney's better polls in the last couple days.
Well it was taken the day of and the 2 days following the release of the employment report. That might have muted a larger bounce.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 09:07:36 PM by KINGTHLAYER »

Uh no, at this point any expansion one way or the other is pivotal, given how small the slice of the undecided electorate is becoming. Plus, if Romney's support has not grown, then it means that the RNC didn't really sway anybody.

Obama also hit 50% in this poll, which is a pretty big deal.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »

Highly partisan, unnecessarily confrontational, contributes very little to substantive discussion beyond the same notes, omnipresent, and on and on. We can sit here and split hairs if you like but I just see this as a semantic argument. I feel sort of uncomfortable drawing this out (particularly with you, someone I actually respect on here, and I feel like the more I draw this out the more it seems like I'm trying to make a big deal out of it when I barely care) but it's kind of weird having this bizarre "aha! I've got you now, Marokai!" response to something I said regarding PPP, as if I'm on their payroll. It just strikes me as, if not hackish, a bit immature; as if MIA is a 14 year old who just discovered his first political forum. And if that's the case, then I do apologize.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2012, 09:17:46 PM by MorningInAmerica »

Highly partisan, unnecessarily confrontational, contributes very little to substantive discussion beyond the same notes, omnipresent, and on and on. We can sit here and split hairs if you like but I just see this as a semantic argument. I feel sort of uncomfortable drawing this out (particularly with you, someone I actually respect on here, and I feel like the more I draw this out the more it seems like I'm trying to make a big deal out of it when I barely care) but it's kind of weird having this bizarre "aha! I've got you now, Marokai!" response to something I said regarding PPP, as if I'm on their payroll. It just strikes me as, if not hackish, a bit immature; as if MIA is a 14 year old who just discovered his first political forum. And if that's the case, then I do apologize.

"I've got you now?" So let me get this straight. You address me first, call me names, then I respond by asking you why you're so protective over a polling agency, and then I'm the hack? Lovely logic you're applying there, Marokai. Did I ever even say "aha, I've got you now, Marakai"? Don't believe I did. So you have to put words in my mouth to fit your argument? I see. Seeing as how you "barely care," I'm sure you'll be willing to let this ridiculous discussion (that I'd like to remind everyone YOU started) drop now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies