MA: Kimball Political Consulting: Brown slightly ahead, despite Warren bounce
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:26:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA: Kimball Political Consulting: Brown slightly ahead, despite Warren bounce
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Kimball Political Consulting: Brown slightly ahead, despite Warren bounce  (Read 948 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:39:34 PM »

New Poll: Massachusetts Senator by Other Source on 2012-9-9

Summary: D: 45%, R: 46%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

sg0508
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »

Scott has to keep creeping up the upper 40s and then I like his chance to avoid that last minute democratic "come home" effect and survive.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:44:34 PM »

His race, his terms, his lead against a flawed candidate on the defensive. I'm not worried.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2012, 01:26:57 AM by Kevin »

His race, his terms, his lead against a flawed candidate on the defensive. I'm not worried.

It's MA arguebly one of the most D state's in the country. Brown should be worried despite Liz Warren's deep flaws.
colincb
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -2.43

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 02:49:34 AM »

The Kimball poll is flawed with 48% of responses from the 60+ age cohort vs 15% in each of the last 2 presidential elections and with only 12% from the 18-39 cohorts which should be 35-40% of the sample.  Both Obama and Warren get their worst favorability ratings in the youngest cohorts in this poll which should be their best and which is contrary to other polling(and 2008 results for Obama.  IOW, highly suspect poll.

The Dems won by +25-26% in each of the last two presidential elections and if Obama gets in that ballpark again, then Brown is likely toast barring some yet-to-be committed gaffe by Warren. I suspect Obama is up 20+ margin currently if a better sampling was done (which would be better than 2008 at the same point) and that Warren is up slightly within the MOE. Could just be a bounce  for Warren and the race is certainly winnable for Brown, but if I had to pick a winner, it would be Warren in a tight race.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:46 PM »

Brown in a tight race, I'd say, but Warren's not at all dead.
Mister Twister

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:38:13 PM »

If Warren loses, she still might be in the senate next year. There is a good chance John Kerry will be the next Sec. of State. That leaves his senate seat vacant and I'm sure it will be filled by Warren. So Brown and Warren could be colleagues next year.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 07:48:33 PM »

Senate seats in Mass. are filled by special election, not appointment, since 2004.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 09:00:05 PM »

Senate seats in Mass. are filled by special election, not appointment, since 2004.

Massachusetts with two Republican senators would be a sign of America officially entering bizarro world.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »

Technically they're filled by both.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 05:06:28 AM »

Massachusetts with two Republican senators would be a sign of America officially entering bizarro world.
Yeah, there's no-one not named Scott Brown who's a Republican in Massachusetts. We will pick it up so as long we don't get a lazy candidate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »

Where do we believe the undecided and overwhelmingly pro-obama voters will go to in the last week of the election?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »

Where do we believe the undecided and overwhelmingly pro-obama voters will go to in the last week of the election?

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!
sg0508
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »

Brown's problem in the race besides the "democrats coming home" effect is that in the end, undecided voters usually swing towards the challenger, even if the challenger ran a poor campaign.  Thus, a 47-44% Brown lead with 8-9% undecided in the final week could easily turn into a 51-49% loss.

He MUST be polling (in my opinion) at least 48% in the final week.

Just out of curiosity, I'm not sure if there is any other 3rd party candidate running, but if there is, even 1% to that candidate could make the difference
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 12:54:22 PM »

Just out of curiosity, I'm not sure if there is any other 3rd party candidate running, but if there is, even 1% to that candidate could make the difference

According to Green Papers, there's an independent, Bill Cimbrelo, on the ballot.  A look at his website indicates that to the extent he gets votes from people who actually favor him rather than are simply using his ballot line to indicate they don't like either Brown or Warren, he probably takes from Warren, as he's definitely a leftist, but not a wacky far-leftist.

I do like his website image asserting the other two are two sides of the same coin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies