Gore Endorses Dean
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:49:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Gore Endorses Dean
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gore Endorses Dean  (Read 14208 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 12:29:59 AM »
« edited: December 10, 2003, 12:40:46 AM by jmfcst »

yeah, that's cool, but do you have a momument 15 foot taller than the Washington Monument commemorating  the killing of 630 Mexicans, topped with a huge golden star?!

"The army led by General Sam Houston won the war for Texas independence at San Jacinto.  Pictured here is the Monument."

Demrepdan

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 12:42:33 AM »

Ok, ok, guys. This forum is about Gore endorsing Dean, not about how pretty your city is, or if YOUR monument is bigger than the other guys monument. Wink SmileySmiley
Canadian observer
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2003, 12:43:40 AM »

... Nope ... There's no such monuments in Canada ...

However, we do have some other monuments, but their meaning is politically contemporary Smiley

One of them is an olympic crumbling monument that cost 1 billion, after games that eventually led to a deficit, and the architect was a French from France ! Needless to say Quebecers won't ask for more anytime soon...

Canadian observer
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2003, 12:44:21 AM »

Ok, ok, guys. This forum is about Gore endorsing Dean, not about how pretty your city is, or if YOUR monument is bigger than the other guys monument. Wink SmileySmiley

Sorry Dan, I haven't read your post before... Smiley
Canadian observer
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2003, 01:03:05 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2003, 01:04:01 AM by Canadian observer »

Back to the subject.

I felt quite taken aback to read Gore supporting Dean.  How come Gore, one of (or the) founder(s) of the Democratic Leadership Council (Remind me if I'm wrong), and from a party caste particularly vilified by Dean, finished by giving support to him ?

One question comes out of my head:

From Gore, is that an attempt to backstab the Clintons ? He may have his reasons ...
Demrepdan

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2003, 02:08:37 AM »

From Gore, is that an attempt to backstab the Clintons ? He may have his reasons ...
Some people think it was, because Gore is "upset" with Clinton, and blames him for losing the 2000 election, because of the whole sex scandal thing. However, I feel the reason Gore didn't win, is because he DISTANCED himself from Clinton.
jravnsbo

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2003, 09:45:14 AM »

One report said last night that Gore and Clinton don't talk at all anymore.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2003, 10:29:59 AM »

Some people think it was, because Gore is "upset" with Clinton, and blames him for losing the 2000 election, because of the whole sex scandal thing. However, I feel the reason Gore didn't win, is because he DISTANCED himself from Clinton.

True. It cost him Arkansas and WV.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2003, 11:28:44 AM »

Toronto is a great city, although I doubt that you conservatives would care for Canada much. A bunch of loony left wingers they are there, eh? Wink
The other 8 Dem candidates are all insane pathological liars? Wow. Gee, you've convinced me, I'll vote for Bush now........

You mean the Republicans and us [possible] Turncoat Dems have finally convinced you to vote to re-elect G.W.B.? I'm going to have to have a talk with that boy!
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2003, 11:31:32 AM »

... Nope ... There's no such monuments in Canada ...

However, we do have some other monuments, but their meaning is politically contemporary Smiley

One of them is an olympic crumbling monument that cost 1 billion, after games that eventually led to a deficit, and the architect was a French from France ! Needless to say Quebecers won't ask for more anytime soon...

One Billion Dollars for that? Come on!
jravnsbo

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2003, 12:35:13 PM »

No Gore's out of touch stands on the environment and guns cost him WV at least and AR is socially conservative.

True. It cost him Arkansas and WV.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2003, 01:14:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton was(and still is) very popular in both Arkansas and West Virginia.
Gore distancing himself from Clinton was not the only thing that cost Gore WV; Coal, Guns, distancing himself from Byrd, Steel and Gore's stuffy image hurt him badly. But distancing himself from Clinton was the final straw.

Whether or not an area is socially conservative has nothing whatsoever to do with with whether it leans Dem or not.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2003, 03:37:13 PM »

Gore was my hero in 2000!!! I went and campaigned for him in detroit. But now this endosment of dean,.....DEAN just blew me away
Canadian observer
Rookie

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2003, 04:39:41 PM »

I'm not kidding, with that money, the Quebec governement could've bought 5 Toronto Skydomes.

The culprits : Unions, and the grandiose French architect, Taillibert.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2003, 08:37:23 PM »

I'll admit Jmfcst that Houston is a pretty cool city. Although my favorite city in Texas is Austin...the topography is a lot hillier and I have an affinity for "university towns".
I like Chicago's skyline better than Houston's though.
(Apologies to all for the offtopic discussion)
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2003, 08:53:39 PM »

According the msnbc, Former Vice President Al Gore (we all know him), is set to endorse Former Governor Howard Dean, for President. This may very well set the stone for Dean's nomination. So all of you who were so certain Dean will be nominated, may get your wish.

More on this here:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/1002878.asp?0cv=CA01
yeah, and remember, GORE invented the internet. Maybe if Dean asks him to be his running mate we would have a dream team: GORE-INVENTOR of the Internet meets DEAN, The Doctor who'll invent a National Health Care System.
TomAtPitt
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2003, 09:24:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton was(and still is) very popular in both Arkansas and West Virginia.
Gore distancing himself from Clinton was not the only thing that cost Gore WV; Coal, Guns, distancing himself from Byrd, Steel and Gore's stuffy image hurt him badly. But distancing himself from Clinton was the final straw.

Whether or not an area is socially conservative has nothing whatsoever to do with with whether it leans Dem or not.

Actually, it is has everything to do with which party it leans toward.
Demrepdan

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2003, 11:19:23 PM »

I'll admit Jmfcst that Houston is a pretty cool city. Although my favorite city in Texas is Austin...the topography is a lot hillier and I have an affinity for "university towns".
I like Chicago's skyline better than Houston's though.
(Apologies to all for the offtopic discussion)

I don't live in Chicago, but you're damn right! I think Chicago has one of the best skylines of all U.S. cities. However, the New York City skyline is close.

Ok, now thats enough, we need to never talk about cities again. lol Sorry.

Anyway...back on topic...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies