DailyKos/PPP/SEIU: Obama 50%, Romney 44%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:57:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  DailyKos/PPP/SEIU: Obama 50%, Romney 44%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DailyKos/PPP/SEIU: Obama 50%, Romney 44%  (Read 552 times)
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:25:17 AM »
« edited: September 11, 2012, 01:23:47 PM by MorningInAmerica »

http://elections.dailykos.com/weeklypolling/2012/9/7

This represents no change from their last poll, which was also 50-44%, though they're polling LVs now (not sure if they were before.) Interestingly enough, the DKOS crew decided NOT to poll the week following the RNC. Interesting decision, eh?

Here are their one day surveys. You can see Obama drops from 51-43 on Friday after convention, to 49-45% two day slater on Sunday.
Friday 51 43 6
Saturday 50 45 5
Sunday 49 45 5

Edited to note party ID is D+7, 42%D/35%R/23%I
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:29:31 AM »

Yes, they should have done a poll after the RNC. But the weren't the only ones who didn't. Most of the pollsters didn't poll in the days after the RNC.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

Yes, they should have done a poll after the RNC. But the weren't the only ones who didn't. Most of the pollsters didn't poll in the days after the RNC.

True, I just find PPP's choice particularly bizarre given that they have a weekly tracking poll that they seldom stop.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »

Wasn't there an issue with the Labor Day weekend?
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »

That could be it, though I believe Gallup and Ras polled through Labor Day.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:13:41 PM »

Why poll after RNC, if the week after there would be a DNC that would stop or, at least, neutralize, the GOP bounce?

It's like polling Crist vs. Meek if you already know Rubio is going to win the primary and it'll be a 3-way race =p
pepper11
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2012, 04:24:45 PM by pepper11 »

Why poll after RNC, if the week after there would be a DNC that would stop or, at least, neutralize, the GOP bounce?

It's like polling Crist vs. Meek if you already know Rubio is going to win the primary and it'll be a 3-way race =p

Why poll immediately after the DNC? You know there will be a bounce thats going to be transient....

All about a partisan firm trying to influence convential wisdom.

Seeing as NO ONE polled during the Republican convention, it begs the question if other big name "neutral" polling firms had similar partison motivation.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »

Why poll immediately after the DNC? You know there will be a bounce thats going to be transient....

Seeing as NO ONE polled during the Republican convention, it begs the question if other big name and "neutral" polling firms had similar partison ambition.

LOL at another troll that thinks the "media" is fabricating the Obama poll bounce.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »

No there is definitly an Obama polling bounce. That has nothing to do with what I said.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »

No there is definitly an Obama polling bounce. That has nothing to do with what I said.

You are implying that it is a bounce that doesn't exist because it was fabricated by "media" polls...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »

You are implying that it is a bounce that doesn't exist because it was fabricated by "media" polls...

Well, the bounce is transient, weak by historical standards, and already declining...
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »

Well, the bounce is transient, weak by historical standards, and already declining...

Ummm...that's not true. Obama is doing better in Gallup today and in the Daily Kos poll. How is that declining?
pepper11
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »

No. Read my post. It has nothing to do with Obama's bounce. Obama is in the midst of a real bounce. Here is what I said... There was NO polling done on the Thurs-Sun after the RNC. NONE. I am implying that certain polling firms may not have wanted to show that Romney may have gotten a short term bounce as well. This has nothing to do with Obama's current bounce and current lead. Why not actually read people's posts rather than misconstruing them and calling out "troll troll".
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 04:58:29 AM »

Dailykos is acting in a partisan manner? I'm shocked and greatly offended.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 05:48:05 AM »

Seeing as NO ONE polled during the Republican convention, it begs the question if other big name "neutral" polling firms had similar partison motivation.

Why? Because there won't be a RNC inmediately after to neutralize its effects. I'm not a dem hack I'd say the same thing if the DNC was before the RNC.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »

ppp gave this result some weeks ago... As usual, this result is due to the change in the party id.

The question now: are democrats (and republicans) will turn out like in 2008 ?

if yes, ppp is right. If not, Ras is right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies