"Anheuser-Busch Launches Souped-Up Beer"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:55:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Anheuser-Busch Launches Souped-Up Beer"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Anheuser-Busch Launches Souped-Up Beer"  (Read 3613 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:25:05 PM »

Anheuser-Busch latest attempt to cater to the bitchy and effeminate metrosexual girlydrinker crowd:

"ST. LOUIS -- Going against the grain in courting the young cocktail crowd, beermaker Anheuser-Busch Cos. is launching a new "brew" to go head-to-head with classic mixed drinks -- traditional suds spiked with caffeine, fruit flavoring, herbal guarana and ginseng.

"The world's largest brewer's nationwide rollout this week of B-to-the-E -- the "B" standing for beer, the "E" for something "extra" and shown as an exponent of B -- came as beermakers look to piggyback strides liquor companies have made in luring young consumers to flavored and mixed drinks..."

If only they made as much effort to improve the taste, and alcoholic kick, of their original product. As it is manufactured (not "brewed") now, it's watered-down fairy pee.

Little rant: why the urge to sugarcoat booze? Alcohol tastes best dry and direct (unless it's red wine).

http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2005/01/26/anheuser_busch_launches_souped_up_beer/
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 10:07:36 PM »

AB makes cheap crappy beer.  But they have funny marketing.  They should stick to what they know and leave good beer making to the microbrewers.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 10:10:46 PM »

AB makes cheap crappy beer.  But they have funny marketing.  They should stick to what they know and leave good beer making to the microbrewers.

Normally, I'd disagree, but after this stunt, I won't.

Undeniably, AB makes weak beer, and no amount of "ylang-ylang" will cover that up.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 02:12:20 AM »

I don't drink Budweiser. It gives me a terrible headache and makes my stomach very upset. I always get sick when I drink beer from those large companies. I don't usually have any problems with the beers from smaller brewers. Must be something they use in their beer.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 06:30:26 AM »

Anheuser-Busch latest attempt to cater to the bitchy and effeminate metrosexual girlydrinker crowd:

Somehow I doubt that Anheuser-Busch is marketing to 'metrosexuals' or any other sophisticated group.  This looks like a product for dumb young people or the underclass. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 01:16:33 PM »

I have a feeling this might taste terrible, but I want to check it out out of curiosity.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 01:50:07 PM »

"ST. LOUIS -- Going against the grain in courting the young cocktail crowd, beermaker Anheuser-Busch Cos. is launching a new "brew" to go head-to-head with classic mixed drinks -- traditional suds spiked with caffeine, fruit flavoring, herbal guarana and ginseng.
They already have a beer with a sweet fruit flavoring: Skittlebraü.
TX_1824
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 02:14:34 PM »

There is something about beer and Texas that bothers me. For some odd reason Texan's drink the worst beer around, Bud Light, and are proud of it. I hate Bud Light and all Anheuser-Busch products. They're all watered down and taste like crap. The only decent beer is Shiner Bock. When it comes to good beer quality I look to Germany. Hell, Canada has better beer then we do.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies