Opinion of Jill Stein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:25:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Jill Stein
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of Jill Stein
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 72

Author Topic: Opinion of Jill Stein  (Read 3119 times)
LiberalJunkie
LiberalJunkie99
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »

For me it's FF
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 02:26:32 PM »

HP.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »

Don't really mind her, but I probably agree with most of her views. So FF.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

Easily a FF. My only big gripe is that she doesn't seem to love nuclear energy like I do.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »

Anyone who can keep Roseanne away from the spotlight is a total FF.

But she'd be an FF anyway.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »

FF, for the lack of a reason to be an HP, much like Claire McCaskill. I prefer Roseanne.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »

FF; non-offensive and seems rather nice.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »

FF
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »

FF, a rarity for a Green Party candidate for the Presidency. It's a shame she believes the luddite bullsh**t about GM plants and nuclear power, though.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »

FF, a rarity for a Green Party candidate for the Presidency. It's a shame she believes the luddite bullsh**t about GM plants and nuclear power, though.

I don't know about GM plants, but nuclear power really doesn't seem to me like the kind of issue that makes you worthy of being called an idiot if you disagree with it.  Things like wind and solar power are clearly preferable to nuclear power, which doesn't produce radioactive waste.  Also, if a wind turbine fails, it falls on some cows.  If a nuclear power plant fails, well...

So, honestly, I think you're overreacting about nuclear power.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »

Neutral.
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

Things like wind and solar power are clearly preferable to nuclear power, which doesn't produce radioactive waste.  Also, if a wind turbine fails, it falls on some cows.  If a nuclear power plant fails, well...

The catch is neither wind nor solar are particularly reliable for putting out at their full capacity around the clock. Until tech for storage batteries improves this limitation will leave us in need of a more reliable source of baseload power. So far as I can tell, coal and nuclear are the only two energy options of that nature ready to go right now at a reasonable cost and - because I consider the whole "clean coal" pitch as little more than a PR campaign by the producers of fossil fuels to help them keep selling what they already make - nuclear stands out to me as the better choice. Provided we can someday start building reactors that run on thorium, the long-standing taboo about safety surrounding these power stations can be done away with and this form of energy could well become the mainstay of modern society - with fuel enough in the ground to last us for so long as to make current coal and oil reserves look insignificant. When Greens rally against nuclear power I cannot easily take much of their outlook on energy policy seriously anymore. Unsure
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »

FF on balance....but I don't understand how somebody can know how to read and be against GM crops.  It's just as nutty as not believing in evolution or a round earth.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 05:45:39 AM »

HP, for a number of reasons related to me by a friend's friend who had the misfortune of meeting her personally.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:45 AM »

HP, for a number of reasons related to me by a friend's friend who had the misfortune of meeting her personally.

care to pass along the hearsay?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:07 AM »

care to pass along the hearsay?

Directly copypasta'd from our facebook convo:

"I had the opportunity to see Jill speak at the occupation in charlotte this week and she is as full of sh**t as the rest of them. She uses people for her own political gain.

She walked into our encampment and did her press conference without ONCE acknowledging or directly addressing the occupiers there. She also slammed a door in the face of someone requesting food donations. She is a fraud."

(there was a bit more, detailing the manner Stein and her media team just suddenly barged in unexpectedly, trampled over everything, and and basically commandeered the place for the duration, but I can't find that message at the moment)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »

you have a friend who protested the DNC?  cool
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »

I'd answer, but I don't know what FF or HP stand for.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »

Freedom Fighter and Horrible Person.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »

Freedom Fighter and Horrible Person.

Even if one disagrees with her running (I don't - I'm voting Stein/Honkala), I really see no evidence of her being a "horrible person."
Redalgo
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 11:43:59 AM »

I noticed in the extended debate from the other night she appeared to be a staunch believer in class struggle and conspiracy theories pertaining to members of the upper classes, the war in Iraq being primarily about oil, and had the same sort of cynicism and belligerent tone in her words on opponents as I remember from Dennis Kucinich. I am starting to get the impression that I agree with her on many issues but often reach those same policy prescriptions via very different lines of thought. Her negativity and at times militant vibe in general are, along with the aforementioned concerns, making me start to sympathize with dead0man's attitude here.

There is a very real chance I'll withdraw my support for her in favor of the Justice Party candidate by November.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 06:37:54 PM »

I noticed in the extended debate from the other night she appeared to be a staunch believer in class struggle and conspiracy theories pertaining to members of the upper classes, the war in Iraq being primarily about oil, and had the same sort of cynicism and belligerent tone in her words on opponents as I remember from Dennis Kucinich. I am starting to get the impression that I agree with her on many issues but often reach those same policy prescriptions via very different lines of thought. Her negativity and at times militant vibe in general are, along with the aforementioned concerns, making me start to sympathize with dead0man's attitude here.

There is a very real chance I'll withdraw my support for her in favor of the Justice Party candidate by November.

for God's sake my man, third party candidacies aren't about the candidate herself but about building the strength of an organization.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 04:26:37 PM »

Vote for a candidate that has a chance to win.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »

Why?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »

So vote for Stein or Johnson.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies