Adventism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:08:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Adventism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adventism  (Read 899 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 18, 2012, 11:44:13 PM »

Which branch?  Seventh-Day or one of the smaller branches of Adventism?

While I'm not a Adventist, nor do I expect I ever will be, (I'm not a believer in a literal inerrancy of the Bible) there's a Seventh-Day Adventist radio station in the area I'll listen to while driving because sometimes it has the best programing on.  I prefer talk radio, but NPR doesn't always have something interesting (or it'll be a repeat as I listen to a lot of it)  Rush and his ilk I can usually only stand in small doses and ever since the local ESPN Radio affliate got sold and reformatted there hasn't been a sports talk station in the area I really like.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:24:28 PM »

The International Date Line is a construct of Man, not of God.  Absent any sort of prophetic revelation on the idea, so long as one believes one is truly setting aside the seventh day it shouldn't be a problem.

If one were to use Jerusalem instead of Greenwich as the Prime Meridian, that would suggest the IDL should be roughly 35 degrees east of where it is now, which would put most of Alaska (sans the Alexander Archipelago) and eastern Polynesia as being currently on the wrong side of the line if the IDL were set based on Jerusalem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies