If you were a chief political operative... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:50:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  If you were a chief political operative... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you were a chief political operative...  (Read 8284 times)
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« on: January 28, 2005, 12:52:30 AM »

If Howard Dean is not the DNC chair, I want Dean-Clark.  If he is the DNC chair (and the party REALLY needs fresh new leadership), then I'd like the nominee to be a governor or mayor (chief executive of the city).  The candidate should be charismatic enough to fire up base voters AND swing voters alike (just like Ronald Reagan).  The candidate should also have an excellent record that will appeal to liberals, moderates, and conservatives (just like Howard Dean).

Most importantly, the candidate has to FIGHT BACK PROMPTLY when the Karl Rove Republican attack machine strikes.  Even if Karl Rove were abducted by aliens, a replacement could easily be found.  Just look at all the web sites about hatred of Britney Spears and Mandy Moore.  A staple of hate web sites is pictures of the star and a contrived snide comment.  One of these hate sites has a picture of Mandy's devout and virtuous character (think of a much younger and prettier Mother Theresa) in the movie _A Walk To Remember_ singing in the church choir and a snide comment saying that she looked like she was about to give oral sex.  That's right, there are a lot of mean, spiteful, hateful people out there, and I'll bet that Karl Rove or one of his successors could convince a significant percentage of the population that Mother Theresa was evil.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies