If you were a chief political operative... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  If you were a chief political operative... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you were a chief political operative...  (Read 8281 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: January 27, 2005, 03:15:12 AM »

Evan Bayh/Mark Warner.

I would focus on family values and promoting "responsible government." I would teach Bayh how to get excited over things, and highlight his moderate populist-leaning record. Concentrate on the suburbs - Bayh does very well in rural areas, but not excellently in the suburbs, although Indiananapolis has some pretty hardcore conservative suburbs.

States I'd target:

FLORIDA - Bayh wouldn't get much of a bounce here, except perhaps in the north. It might be hard, but it's definitely in reach.

OHIO - Bayh'd have the benefit against most candidates, but it would be worth a few visits.

VIRGINIA - Bayh would be a good candidate here. He could very will win if effort was put into this state.

NEW HAMPSHIRE - Bayh is not a great candidate for New Hampshire. He would have to work for it, too.

COLORADO - Depending on the opposition, this state could easily be in play.

INDIANA - Not sure how secure it would be. I am always surprised by how many electoral votes Indiana carries.

Don't forget Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota.
They might be able to win West Virginia, too.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 10:23:59 PM »

I hate hearing Democrats acting like Bill Frist will be the nominee.

There is reason to even have a campaign if Bill Frist somehow wins the nomination (which he won't), unless you plan to run a left wing extremist like Hillary Clinton. Anyone else, and he will lose big.

Hillary Clinton is a left-wing extremist? Is this the same one that voted for war in Iraq? So, what do you call Kucinch?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies