The Comedy Goldmine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:32:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 83
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 244965 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 28, 2012, 12:23:19 AM »

Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2012, 08:03:30 AM »

I hope to report turnout around 3:00 PM. 

Oh dear, I can already guess what that turnout report is going to be like...

I'm hoping for something like his hourly turnout reports from last time:

Light orderly lines at my polling station at 7:05 AM.

8:00 AM no line.  Maybe one voter going in.

9:10 AM, no line, one voter walked in.  PA 11th Ward, two polling stations.

I had to have missed something.  No line at 10:10 AM.  I cannot believe turnout is really that much down.

This is not necessarily indicative.  I drove past four precincts to get lunch.  The only line I saw was that KFC.  In three of the four precincts, there were no voters coming or going; the fourth has a couple leaving.  This was at about 11:30 AM to noon.

There could have been a lot of early voters.

The Chinatown precinct, previously mentioned, is the largest in the city.  Temple University is the only other one with moderately high numbers.

At 12:15 PM we had rain.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #102 on: October 28, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »

Come on buddy, put it in the Goldmine..... please?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: October 28, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »

Context

Aw, darn. Not graduating must've SUCKED. Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2012, 04:29:10 PM »

That remark about Richard Nixon, well that's appropriate considering they endorsed Barack Obama in '08, or I forgot it was cool for them to endorse Obama, but since you opened up that can of worms, yeah Nixon got nailed over Watergate, well then how do you explain Obama's behavior over Benghazi, the stone-walling that is occurring is truly epic on a Nixonesque scale; shouldn't have brought up Nixon, now it's time to draw comparisons between the lies that Obama is spinning over Benghazi, where his behavior needlessly cost the lives of 4 American; I don't recall Watergate "cost" any lives, and please don't bother making comparisons to Vietnam or Iraq, they were wars and there is going to be the sad but inevitable loss of lives; Benghazi was not a war zone, but became one, because of Obama's criminal inaction and the subsequent lying, reached truly Watergate proportions. 

That is one sentence.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »

LOL
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

That remark about Richard Nixon, well that's appropriate considering they endorsed Barack Obama in '08, or I forgot it was cool for them to endorse Obama, but since you opened up that can of worms, yeah Nixon got nailed over Watergate, well then how do you explain Obama's behavior over Benghazi, the stone-walling that is occurring is truly epic on a Nixonesque scale; shouldn't have brought up Nixon, now it's time to draw comparisons between the lies that Obama is spinning over Benghazi, where his behavior needlessly cost the lives of 4 American; I don't recall Watergate "cost" any lives, and please don't bother making comparisons to Vietnam or Iraq, they were wars and there is going to be the sad but inevitable loss of lives; Benghazi was not a war zone, but became one, because of Obama's criminal inaction and the subsequent lying, reached truly Watergate proportions. 

That is one sentence.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2012, 02:14:42 AM »

courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »

Well, it was reported that little Annie and little Mitt were playing doctor a few days before the wedding.  They got into his dorm room and Annie said, “Oh, Doctor Mitt Romney, I have a strange feeling between my legs. You better take a look!”  Romney immediately replied, “Sure, not a problem. I will, however, need you to put up a $5,000 cash deposit before any course of treatment commences. Since you came to my office already complaining of this malady, that’s a pre-existing condition, which, as you know, is not covered by insurance. So, I think by having a little ‘skin in the game,’ so to speak, you’ll be more motivated to participate in the limited treatment options available, such as prayer. Now, Annie, if you’ll first just sign this waiver…”

Needless to say, Annie and Mittens stayed virgins a while longer.  
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »

Click for context.

k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

I bet many folks do.  People who live in mobile homes with plastic pink flamingo statues on the bookshelves that are otherwise populated by the Oprah Book Club selections.  When they're not watching America's Funniest Home Videos or watching documentaries on Sasquatch or playing with the Ouija Board, they might like to discuss whether Mitt Romney was a virgin on his wedding night.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »

So how are you counting controversial ones like 2000 and 1876? Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »

LOL
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »

Kaine pulling ahead is largely in part thanks to Manchin and the mega coattails he is producing next door in West Virginia
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2012, 09:48:25 PM »

Kaine pulling ahead is largely in part thanks to Manchin and the mega coattails he is producing next door in West Virginia

This guy is awesome.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 12:25:29 AM »

Sage advice for some of our younger forumers who may be new to the internet:

One of the basic rules of the internet is to judge a person based on their sig. Since your sig is stupid and wrong, that means you as a person are stupid and wrong.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 05:44:50 AM »

that's like assuming everytime there's a shooting it's a tea partier and then reality sets in and they are really just a nut job and resemble more of an OWS type like Aurora CO or Gifford's shooter or in Ft campbell's case an actual TERRORIST.

WTF are you even talking about? Why are you so stupid and fat?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2012, 08:47:27 AM »

In Western Pa, Tom Smith is running ads touting his history as a minor.  Casey is countering with ads saying his grandfather was a minor, but more interestingly he goes out of his way to say he opposed Obama on trade issues.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2012, 07:09:44 PM »

doesn't say which campaign. I bet it is a house race
Maybe its a senate race Smiley

Maybe Baldwin slept with a man.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

Lmao, nothing Romney does seize to amaze me now. He is truly the phoniest politician I have ever seen.

* cease.

Go back to english class.

Tough talk from a West Virginian.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2012, 07:30:25 PM »

Mister Twister is still on a roll.

23% election day vote according to the internals. The rest are claiming they either have voted already (43% vs. 37% actual through 10/30) or that they will before Election Day (33%).

Don't doubt Obama wins NV or even that a 4% margin is unreasonable.

I do know that the Obama Early Vote edge is roughly between 25,000 and 35,000 right now if you look at the SoS numbers and rake them based on polling data. A 7% Romney undecided edge would likely have it inside 30K. That's with a three days left in Early voting, IIRC.

I am not quite sure what the magic early vote banked number is for the Obama camp. But I don't think 30K or even 40K is a comfortable margin.

Bottom line is that Nevada won't be a cakewalk for either candidate. And who wins will come down to Election Day turnout.

Dude, seriously? Nevada is gone for the GOP
I don't know how you can say a state that's within 4% is "gone" at this point. If it were "gone," Paul Ryan wouldn't be making a campaign stop in Reno today and Barack Obama would not be campaigning in Nevada as well.

It's leaning Obama, yes. I am not convinced that given the ACTUAL early vote data that it's a slam dunk and nailed down yet. Huge difference.

Dude, seriously?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #121 on: November 01, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

In which noted climatologist J.J. argues that Hurricane Sandy was just a run of the mill nor'easter:

What you are missing is that Bloomberg will help in South Florida, and likely with the suburban moderates in NOVA and Denver as well.

If he had made it about Israel, possibly, it would help in FL.  It was about global warming. 

Moderates in NOVA and Denver, only big environmentalists, and Obama has their vote already.

Educated suburban moderates almost universally accept climate change.  I'm surprised Obama hasn't campaigned on it at all in VA and CO.  It is an opportunity to make Romney look anti-science to people who might otherwise be R on fiscal issues.

And, if they are educated, they would realize that a nor'easter is not uncommon.

Being without power for 3 days from that common Noreaster caused me to miss the rest of Professor J.J.'s lecture on Advanced infantry tactics to retake a consulate compound. Do you think they have a recording of the lecture at the lab? I hear it was co-lectured with the modern day Hannibal, Professor Cliffy...
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »

Free market- and allow more Americans access to hazardous substances? I'm as much of a economic liberal as the next guy, but there's a point where the common good and moral imperatives kick in.

Marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, cigarettes, McDonald's and Coca-Cola.

Well that's not true at all.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2012, 01:38:21 AM »

"Oh my God, I love your strategy! Where'd you get it?"
"It was McCain's, in '08."
"Vintage, so adorable"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2012, 01:39:55 AM »

If there's any truth to it, I guess the unions won't back him, since he's underpaying contracted labour...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 83  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies