The Comedy Goldmine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:36:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 83
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 244677 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2012, 12:41:57 AM »

In response to Naso's take on the presidential campaign:

Can we get a list of every member of your family tree and their takes on the state of the race?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »

I don't know about rape-induced pregnancies, but these types of comments from Republican politicians are most certainly a gift from God.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »

I support Clause 1 of Section 1 because I think it's important to have in writing that Enlgish is not the offical language of the Mideast.
(emphasis added)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »

Bro, we can't let Sarah Palin win! Forward(TM) with BrObama! Forward(TM) with Simpson-Bowles!  Most pwogwessive pwesident ever!!! Wants bros to marry each other!

Good Lord you're insufferable.

What's insufferable is the usual women-bashing and/or vapid memes being trotted out, the opportunity cost of which is discussing the austerity BrObama will inflict during his second imperial term. Had them figured out five years ago: Just as right-wing on punishing the poorest 99+% supposedly to balance a meaningless accounting identity (which isn't the intention anyway, just to redistribute wealth upward) but deriving their libewal/pwogwessive cred by assuming "culturally" transgressive affectations. Romney would be an all-too-obvious villain for handing Social Security to the banksters, droning civilians into red mist, normalizing/expanding/usurping executive power, retroactively legalizing foreclosure fraud, normalizing (8% nominal / 20% real DISemployment), and approving reckless resource extractions for his bankster bros to speculate on. Better to pick someone who can hide behind identity "politics." And they really hate ambitious women ...

If anyone has any doubt about Obie's second term policy objectives and/or cares about the implementation of austerity, all they need to do is google his Hamilton Project speech from 2006. The guy was handpicked to privatize* SS/Medicare under the pretext of "fiscal prudence" - and his bros [paper towel, Jon Stewart?] are completely in favor of all the imperialism and austerity.

* Privatize, not cut, because like Shrub's/Pinochet's/Ray-gun's approach, it's about "shock-and-awe" responses in the face of ["]crisis["] - "fiscal cliff" included.

Just the bolded, green part.  I didn't read the rest of it, just that he called Obama's 2nd term "imperial" had me cracking up. 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »

Bro, we can't let Sarah Palin win! Forward(TM) with BrObama! Forward(TM) with Simpson-Bowles!  Most pwogwessive pwesident ever!!! Wants bros to marry each other!

Good Lord you're insufferable.

What's insufferable is the usual women-bashing and/or vapid memes being trotted out, the opportunity cost of which is discussing the austerity BrObama will inflict during his second imperial term. Had them figured out five years ago: Just as right-wing on punishing the poorest 99+% supposedly to balance a meaningless accounting identity (which isn't the intention anyway, just to redistribute wealth upward) but deriving their libewal/pwogwessive cred by assuming "culturally" transgressive affectations. Romney would be an all-too-obvious villain for handing Social Security to the banksters, droning civilians into red mist, normalizing/expanding/usurping executive power, retroactively legalizing foreclosure fraud, normalizing (8% nominal / 20% real DISemployment), and approving reckless resource extractions for his bankster bros to speculate on. Better to pick someone who can hide behind identity "politics." And they really hate ambitious women ...

If anyone has any doubt about Obie's second term policy objectives and/or cares about the implementation of austerity, all they need to do is google his Hamilton Project speech from 2006. The guy was handpicked to privatize* SS/Medicare under the pretext of "fiscal prudence" - and his bros [paper towel, Jon Stewart?] are completely in favor of all the imperialism and austerity.

* Privatize, not cut, because like Shrub's/Pinochet's/Ray-gun's approach, it's about "shock-and-awe" responses in the face of ["]crisis["] - "fiscal cliff" included.

Just the bolded, green part.  I didn't read the rest of it, just that he called Obama's 2nd term "imperial" had me cracking up. 

Guy is like a Bandit3 on steroids... I didn't think it was possible.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »

Comment on a Deluge post; click for context:

I don't think this guy actually knows what a bro is. Clearly he doesn't attend UMass.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »

In the wee hours of the night, I sometimes wonder if it would be better to re-restrict the vote to white males....

I am both amused and a little disturbed. Tongue
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »

Context:

For some reason, I seem to agree with him almost all the time. FF.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »

Scott, I've got a challenge for ye
When Omegle, everytime you see a weiner or someone asking to see your tits, take a shot. Tell us how long it is before you're absolutely wasted.

Cheesy
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:28 PM »

No

Somewhat inappropriately the user of this dog-vuvuzela is black, perhaps he is the two or three Black republicans left.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »

Nice come back.  Next time I'll type slower for you.

Yes please!  Ideally it should take at least a week or two for you to produce each of your posts.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »

NO IT'S NOT

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE FOR THE TOTAL DEMOCRATIC MARGIN TO HAVE GONE UP YESTERDAY IF MORE REPUBLICANS THAN DEMOCRATS VOTED YESTERDAY

THAT IS NOT HOW MATH WORKS

I really encourage everyone to read the Lief-J.J. back and forth. It was utterly hilarious to watch Lief's desperate pleas for J.J. to understand what he was talking about slowly deteriorate and really brightened my day. Tongue
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:57 AM »

NO IT'S NOT

IT'S NOT POSSIBLE FOR THE TOTAL DEMOCRATIC MARGIN TO HAVE GONE UP YESTERDAY IF MORE REPUBLICANS THAN DEMOCRATS VOTED YESTERDAY

THAT IS NOT HOW MATH WORKS

I really encourage everyone to read the Lief-J.J. back and forth. It was utterly hilarious to watch Lief's desperate pleas for J.J. to understand what he was talking about slowly deteriorate and really brightened my day. Tongue

So basically this is Mr. MENSA's argument: That day the total percentage of all voters who were Democrats who had already voted decreased. Therefore more Republicans must've voted on that day. The percentage is the only thing that matters.

So if you start out with 90 Democrats voting and 10 Republicans, and then the next day the numbers become 200 Democrats and 50 Republicans, that means more Republicans voted on that day. I can't figure that out, but I guess that just means my puny non-MENSA mind is just too stupid to comprehend it.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2012, 03:57:58 PM »

If your relying on g**gle news, 'your a day late and dollar short'.

A day late
a buck short
I'm writing
the report
On losing
and failing
when I move
I'm flailing now

My apologies
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2012, 03:59:59 PM »

Nice
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »

Not unlike the state-by-state battles in the Civil War, Ohio is very torn right now whether or not they believe the slaves should be free, or if Dixie must rise again. But they're slowly starting to come around to those of us living in 2012.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »

This post is art:

This is a new phenomenon that is being floated around by experts.

We all know what coatails are. For example, Obama coattails in Connecticut might propel Murphy to victory. Or Romney coattails in North Dakota might propel Berg to victory.

But how about mega coattails? The theory is that there is a such a huge margin in a state that it actually leaks over into neighboring states

For example, Romney is going to win Utah by so much that it harms Obama in Nevada and Colorado.

They say mega coattails from Illinois is what gave Obama Indiana in 2008.

Should Obama campaign in Salt Lake City? Obviously he won't win the state but if he can get the margin down in Utah, there will just be coattails in Utah and not mega coattails
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »

LOL

LOL

LOL

I can see it now:

"Although Obama won a majority of voters within Colorado, Mitt Romney recieved so many votes in neighboring Utah that state officials were forced to stack these Republican returns into a literal mountain of ballots towering three miles high. This spire of election forms toppled due to an unexpectedly strong wind from the west, causing an estimated 80,000 ballots cross the state line into Colorado where they were recovered by that state's election officials; due to a little-known technicality in Federal law these votes are required to be counted as votes in the recieving state, so the AP hereby calls Colorado for Republican candidate Mitt Romney. In related news, the AP also calls Orrin Hatch as the unanimous victor in the race for Colorado's new Class I Senate seat.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »

I was just going to post this...

The last sentence is absolutely hilarious.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2012, 09:51:48 PM »

Darn, I need to fix the sign again...

Days since racist post
on Atlast 2012 forum

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2012, 01:33:47 AM »

a) I doubt you meant that for me...

b) this was before the GOP lurched into a psychiatric ward and had a brilliant record on Civil Rights.

Okay, what their recent terrible record?

Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »

LOL
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »

What is a Torie-like voter? Someone who thinks dehumanization is a fair trade for tax cut?

Well that definition might need some work. Thanks.

Seems accurate Sad

Is that what voters sort of like me who voted for Obama last time, but not this time, think?  Interesting! I didn't "know" that about myself before.

Romney is much more handsome than McCain. And his running mate is a well-aged twink, not some dumb woman.

I know you like to think you're mysterious, but you're pretty easy to figure out.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2012, 09:19:40 PM »

Jesus! Leave! Leave now! It's too late for us but you can still save yourself!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 83  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies