The Comedy Goldmine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 245095 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 24, 2012, 05:35:56 PM »

Context:

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »

See I just can't see someone from the Minnesota for Marriage people saying "We have called f**king *number* of people"

And I can't see someone from the Minnesota DFL not screaming "Tapioca! We need more tapioca don't cha know!"

The exchange between Sanchez and 20RP12 in that thread is also sublime.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »

Michael Anthony Naso Mountbatten-Windsor.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

I don't find opebo's usual schtick particularly funny, but...

Two questions - why is the little boy in pastel blue wai-ing, and why is there a kind of lanky hipster character molesting the little gay boys?

Context
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 01:16:04 AM »

Context:

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »

I have an android phone. Was the Apple Maps app that bad?

You're asking this question of posters on this website? Seriously, unless it shows presidential election results and swings by county for all elections since 1100BC, it's a sub-par mapping tool...
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 03:45:11 PM »

National Enquirer?

For your own sake, Tender, please go back to posting polls.
They get stuff (at least this kind of stuff) right often enough to not be totally ignored, but obviously should be taken with quite a bit of salt.

mmmm salt

A bit of salt? More like the entire Danakil Depression.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:13:13 PM »

No, I was asking if Unionist Catholics, today, voted UUP.

Don't Catholics who aren't explicitly Nationalist tend to vote Alliance?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »

Opebo has never allowed the dictionary to box him in. Quite the opposite, prude Tongue
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

Nix's response to this was also glorious.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »

I see.

Trotskyism is a deranged and perverse corruption and perversion of the true doctrine of Marxism-Leninism-Sibbolethism and actually counts as a medical condition. The only known cure is trepanning via an ice axe.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 01:50:59 PM »

Adults who like the for boys Adventure Time are just as lame as the bronies.  There's nothingIn these shows that an adult with no children can find useful.  Read a book. Expand your knowledge.

I'm not really interested in the ponies and I still don't know what Adventure Time actually is, but I find the idea that 'proper adults' should be able to divine some kind of utility-value (however defined) out of things they read or watch, and that the extent to which they admit of doing so has a direct correlation to the ostensible target audience age, a little questionable.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »

The Hipster church has been hyped way too much on this forum to be hipster anymore. It's just a mainstream church that has a liberal worship practices.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »

Most Argentinians are as much "colonial settlers" as the Falklanders. The Brits should offer to exchange the Islands for Buenos Aires - the colonial (i.e., non-Native American) population of Buenos Aires should then be resetteld on the newly Argentinian Malvinas. The Falklanders would then move to the newly rebaptized Thatcherville, where they would immediately form a majority of the population. Any further claim by Argentinians to the Falkland islands should be interpreted as implying the acceptability of such a territorial exchange. The British government should insist on Thatcherville as the proper designation of the town, that its present colonial masters call Buenos Aires.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

Oldiesfreak's response in that thread is also interesting, in that he says, among other things, that Hugo Chavez was more like Hitler than the Kims.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 12:22:49 AM »

CPAC: The Woodstock for crazy people.
Not at all. At Woodstock, they played decent music. At CPAC, they blare "Life is a Highway" between every single speech for no reason at all.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 07:05:31 PM »

memphis is acting even more adolescent than usual. Pay attention to the context in which he's quoting me here.

Double deluge
Dumping on Shakespeare should not be protected by the First Amendment. I consider that akin to treason - worse because it disrespects the English language (which he more than anyone else in its modern form gave birth to), rather than a mere political entity.

You're one to talk. Your opinions on English verse lack all merit. In fact, I'd argue that it's very unlikely that they'll ever gain merit, since they appear to be based on an ear for poetic form so bad that I wasn't actually aware that it was possible before this afternoon.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 08:57:41 PM »

BRTD, you know I love you, but...

Given the way this thread is worded, probably BRTD.

I would say that the person who is the most screwed in the head is probably Bushie.  Frankly, the man has some severe mental problems that need to be revealed by a psychologist or some sh*t.  And his natural tendencies towards conning people left and right, all in the name of God, is disgusting.  If this were thirty years ago the man would have a multi-million dollar "evangelical" empire with five different Boeing Jets that he uses to bang high priced prostitutes in.  So of course, while I find the poster Bushie a disgusting parasite of a tax paying citizen, I in no way think he makes less sense than BRTD (getting to that in a minute).

Oldiesfreak. . . . . . . . makes some sense.  Sure, his view of politics is illogical and irrational but it's conceivable how someone who has an average amount of sanity and is normal in the mind and maybe even above average intelligence can get around to his way of thinking.  I mean good god, he isn't that much different from some "editors" on Wikipedia (admittedly, you have to have a sh*tload of time on your hands to find that out) in the talk section.  IN fact, given that Oldies at least acknowledges that Know Nothings largely went to the Republican Party, he's a good degree more honest than some wikipedia editors I've come across.  Overall, I'd probably say he makes more sense than either BRTD or Bushie, even with his irrational thinking.  Hell, he probably makes more sense than JJ (who butchers the meaning of polls).

With all that said, BRTD makes no sense.  Like absolute zero sense.  Words can't possibly describe the amount of effort it would take to try to understand, just attempting to make some sense of BRTD.  Because, you can't.  Gay racists make more sense than BRTD does.  Gay disabled racist chauvinists make more sense than BRTD does.  Gay disabled racist chauvinistic animal lovers make more sense than BRTD does.  White Supremacists for Obama/Biden 2012 make more sense than BRTD does.  Homosexual Black Women Directors for McCain/Palin make more sense than BRTD does.  George Wallace voters for Jesse Jackson '84 make more sense than BRTD does.  Communists for Joseph McCarthy for President '52 make more sense than BRTD does.  Republicans for Slavery make more sense than BRTD does.  Mountain bikes with no seats make more sense than BRTD.  Nickelback fans make almost as much sense as BRTD does.

With that said, he's still saner than Bushie.  Which is saying a lot.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 11:39:35 PM »

Context:

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 07:07:07 PM »

How about an endless Augustan didactic novel? You know, like BRTD's Posting History; or, Virtue Rewarded.

I prefer Fielding to Richardson.  An Apology For the Life of Mr. Shamela Hamilton
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »

Considering Stockman's success comes from his being in the oil and gas industry and that he is not known for MENSA membership, it makes sense that he would believe something like this. What makes less sense is that he was elected.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 02:51:58 AM »

Context:

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:42 PM »

I was going to say Dudefest, because I was under the mistaken assumption that Dudefest was perhaps a celebration of the 'Big Lebowski", but since it isn't I'm going with Branson.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 04:02:04 AM »

I got TNF's point and agree with him on the thread question, but...

Yes. The purpose of May Day originated in Chicago, after all.

Is Chicago where the mound fairies arrive from on Beltane?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 12:07:22 AM »

Where is NY Jew when we need him most?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies