The Comedy Goldmine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:00:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Comedy Goldmine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Comedy Goldmine  (Read 245160 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 23, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »

See?  I told you Democrats are racist (sarcasm). Wink
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »

A new SUSA poll shows these awful numbers for Christie:

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Chris Christie is doing as Governor?
Approve 38%
Disapprove 56%

Should Governor Chris Christie run for President of the United States in 2012? Not run for President? Or do you not know enough to say?
Should Run 15%
Should Not 73%

Compared to Barack Obama, would Christie be a better President? A worse President? Or would he be about the same?
Better 29%
Worse 53%
About The Same 14%

Compared to George W. Bush, would Christie be a better President? A worse President? Or would he be about the same?
Better 25%
Worse 30%
About The Same 32%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=5ef5275c-3166-493d-aecb-3d856c8705a5

I have a map in progress showing the ability of state governors to get good results for themselves. This looks like an outlier, and it is hard to see how Christie could suddenly become as unpopular as Scott, Kasich, Walker, or Snyder.
Exactly.  This is why I don't trust SurveyUSA polls in the first place.  Their first poll of Christie's approval had him underwater by  33-63% margin, if I remember correctly.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:49:32 PM »

Was conveniently posted directly into the goldmine, but I will make it official.
A new SUSA poll shows these awful numbers for Christie:

Do you approve or disapprove of the job Chris Christie is doing as Governor?
Approve 38%
Disapprove 56%

Should Governor Chris Christie run for President of the United States in 2012? Not run for President? Or do you not know enough to say?
Should Run 15%
Should Not 73%

Compared to Barack Obama, would Christie be a better President? A worse President? Or would he be about the same?
Better 29%
Worse 53%
About The Same 14%

Compared to George W. Bush, would Christie be a better President? A worse President? Or would he be about the same?
Better 25%
Worse 30%
About The Same 32%

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=5ef5275c-3166-493d-aecb-3d856c8705a5

I have a map in progress showing the ability of state governors to get good results for themselves. This looks like an outlier, and it is hard to see how Christie could suddenly become as unpopular as Scott, Kasich, Walker, or Snyder.
Exactly.  This is why I don't trust SurveyUSA polls in the first place.  Their first poll of Christie's approval had him underwater by  33-63% margin, if I remember correctly.
What's so funny about that?  The overwhelming majority of polls aside from SurveyUSA show Christie's job approval at an all-time high after Sandy.  Just because you may not like Christie doesn't mean that you can just ignore that.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:46:42 PM »

On the death of Annette Funicello:
I wonder if she'll be frozen like was reputedly done to Uncle Walt.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:15:39 AM »

FF, though he wasn't a really good president.  He handled Waco and Oklahoma City well, but had way too many scandals for his own good.  He refused to acknowledge Osama Bin Laden.  He refused to take out Saddam Hussein when he had the chance and left it for Bush to do and thus passed the blame onto Bush.  His deregulation of the banks in the late 1990's started the faucet dripping for the 2008-2010 recession that we're still trying to dig our way out of.  I won't even mention Monica Lewinsky.  He is a very likable guy, though.  I would really like to eat dinner with him one of these days, as long as he can leave Hillary at home.  With all that said, he's probably the best Democratic president in the last 40 years, including Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama.  He is also the best president we've had in the nearly 25 years since Reagan has been out of office.  Reagan is the best president in American History, but Clinton is the best in the past quarter century.
What's so funny about that?  Clinton wasn't a bad president, but he was a very overrated one.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 07:55:42 PM »

Attention Wore Time
I don't know how to say this, so I'm gonna just come on out and say this. I... I haven't told my family yet but... I think, I think may be a black. Oldies, please don't hate me for it, but I am a Black Democrat.

So, as a racist democrat you're supporting lynchings, and as a Black man, you want to lynch yourself?

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 01:24:31 PM »

Let's let those slide. He proudly identified himself as a Republican; a Northeast establishment Rockefeller Republican. Talked about all the money he donates and almost literally mapped out his political future.

What the hell is Oldiesfreak doing in PA?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 05:44:23 PM »

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »

Wait, don't we have to give each other presents or something?

A Merry Davemas to Dave and to all my fellow Atlasians.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 10:07:24 AM »

What's up with all the Republicans voting for the uber-liberal Tsongas?  Brooke may have had some bad behavior, but surely he was more conservative, right?

Lol, and you dare to claim any knowledge about U.S. political history Roll Eyes

First of all, Brooke was the liberal one in this race to such extend people like freaking Barney Frank endorsed him over Tsongas. And he wasn't just "the more liberal out of two". He was a liberal. I know a "Black Republican" somehow play to your baseless fantasies, but there are some limits of stupidity.

Second, calling Tsongas uber-liberal is a proof of an utter ignorance. Seriously, read about him and his positions.

Still wonder why there's no one taking you seriously?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »

You may have taken a Risk to Scrabble for a Monopoly on humor, but if you had a Clue you would know that Life shows that Operation is a Trivial Pursuit.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 06:42:55 PM »

The world's uninhabited regions includes much of Antarctica, as well as Oldiesfreak's skull.
Wink
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »

Winnie the Pooh is a honey-addict. We never saw the drug deals going down in the Hundred Acre Wood, but Tigger, or TI-Double G- Er was the top dealer and Pooh bear was his main customer.
No, because you couldn't put that in a kids' series.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2014, 08:55:05 PM »

F**K, I THINK I PUNCHED THE WRONG HOLE!

I VOTED FOR PAT BUCHANAN INSTEAD!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies