Office of Senator Franzl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:12:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Senator Franzl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Senator Franzl  (Read 7438 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »
« edited: December 19, 2012, 04:21:13 AM by Senator Franzl »

This time, with the intention of actually running a campaign Wink, I announce that I will be a candidate in the special election to replace Senator Clarence.

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:21:26 PM »

Endorsed!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »

110% endorsed. Smiley

I can't think of one person I'd rather have in that seat than you.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »

Endorsed!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »

Endorsed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Endorsed
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 06:51:29 PM »

Endorsed
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:30 PM »

Thread title requires exclamation mark.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sorry about this, Mr. Franzl, but I'm gonna have to un-endorse you. I'll be your opponent in this election, but I still like you. I'd be proud to have you as my Senator.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 08:03:33 AM »

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally sorry about this, Mr. Franzl, but I'm gonna have to un-endorse you. I'll be your opponent in this election, but I still like you. I'd be proud to have you as my Senator.

And this applies the other way around for you Smiley
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 08:21:48 AM »

Fully and utterly endorsed Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »

Alright, so I'm going to take this opportunity to share my thoughts about current issues being debated or voted on by the Senate currently:

Capital Punishment:
I've fought my entire Atlasian career to finally create a constitutional basis ensuring that this abuse of human rights is ended for good throughout Atlasia. As the likely next Governor of the Mideast, Tmth, very well explains: Human rights are not a regional issue.

It appears that the ban has passed the Senate once again. I sponsored this very thing twice in the past as a Senator, only to see it defeated at the ballot box in the regional referenda.

I acknowledge that the Atlasian voters have to have their input and I sincerely hope that their opinions have slightly changed since a few years ago.

I hope to use my influence to convince them of the merits of abolition, especially that even if you are not morally opposed to it, that getting rid of it would save the taxpayer a good amount of money as well.

Education:
The current bill before the Senate takes a step in the right direction.
Ultimately, education is the most important issue of all to ensure long-term prosperity and competitiveness. Although I obviously support a social welfare system and a safety net, it is my hope that by better education our population to start with, that we can avoid increasing unemployment and increased reliance on welfare programs. Nothing achieves this better than well educated and highly qualified people that can do the jobs of the future that require advanced skills.

In theory, higher education needs to be significantly cheaper than it currently is. I recognize that a Germanic/Scandinavian model of free higher education is not realistic in Atlasia, among other things due to our budget issues, but I want to strongly stress that there are few more imporant priorities than this and that we should do are absolutely best to ensure education access to all that are able and willing to receive it.

Taxation and fines:
Although nothing about our tax system is currently being addressed, I want to once again stress my belief that we need a strongly progressive system designed to collect enough revenue and do so in a fair way that doesn't put the working and middle class at an effective disadvantage. Indeed, I voted to raise income taxes (gasp!) and make them more progressive especially at very high levels of income when I was in the Senate several years ago. I believe this was the right decision especially to keep our budget problems under control.

However, don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of raising any more taxes unless it's absolutely necessary. And for that reason, I won't give a pledge not to raise them....but rest assured I'm fiscally conservative enough to keep the interests of our tax paying citizens in mind and to not charge them more without very good reason.

Regarding the current proposal before the Senate to make traffic fines progressive: In theory, I have no problem with it, but I am sceptical of the federal government's authority to implement such a program nationally....and see no reason to pass something that regions can opt out of at will. Therefore I would not vote in favor of that legislation.

Abortion:
As a member of the Liberal Party, I generally am in favor of reproductive freedom for the most part. I'm pro-life in a personal, moral sense. I don't like abortion, I wouldn't encourage anyone to get an abortion, I would personally always look for an alternative to abortion....but I think excessive legal restrictions are mostly counterproductive and, on balance, not a good idea for our society.

That said, the current bill before the Senate is not something I find excessively restrictive. I would be inclined to vote in favor of it, actually. Very few women interested in an abortion want one in the final trimester of pregnancy, and from a moral perspective, it's indeed extremely problematic to condone abortions after a certain point in time. Basically, I don't see any legitimate reason why someone that chose not to abort for 6 months needs to have that option up until the day before live birth.

Call this the moderate hero position, if you will....but this is a really difficult issue and things just aren't black and white.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 10:46:19 AM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »

Trade, international relations, peace & prosperity:

Atlasia has many free trade agreements, and it should stay that way. Trade benefits the majority of people if it is conducted fairly among friends. It's good for the Atlasian consumer and helps other countries grow their economies and creates mutual dependencies to a degree, in my opinion beneficial not least to lasting peace. That said, there are losers in this process, particularly in the manufacturing sector here at home. As said in my comments on education, we need to realize what the jobs of the future are for us and act accordingly, and make further education easily accessible for both the young and less young. It's never to late to learn.

I oppose most agricultural subsidies, and believe that abolishing them would vastly improve the lives of countless people around the world, just as I'm ethically opposed to using ethanol based fuel sources. Things like E85 are not only uneconomical, but they increase food prices for everyone, both those here at home who are less fortunate and especially the millions of people around the world struggling to combat hunger.

Regarding the topic of national defense in an unstable world, we need to find a balance between hard and soft power. It's clear that we can't afford to do everything militarily that some might like to, but it's also clear there are major issues that require maintaining certain essential military capabilities. It is my hope that we can figure out how to save money where reasonable and achieve more through diplomacy.

A word of caution, though: There are certain non-negotiable principles and practical realities we need to stand up for. The world would be a more dangerous place if Iran acquired a nuclear weapon, for example. We need to do what is in our power to prevent that.

Finally...for now....we need to always stand up for our ideals. One thing that's great about Atlasia and other democracies is our respect for freedom of speech. To comment on recent world events: It may not always be wise to say or write certain things, but it's necessary that we stand firm in our belief that we're right to grant that freedom and resist attempts to bow to the will of angry mobs and fanatics. At the same time, we should implore individuals to consider the consequences their excercize of freedom may have and to act in a responsible manner.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 06:13:46 AM »

And now that voting booths are starting to be opened for the capital punishment abolition amendment, I once again call on all Atlasians to do the right and sensible thing and make state sanctioned killing a thing of the past in this country.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the 2012 Presidential Elections Board.

Whereas, the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the US Election Atlas Forum has been a hive of terrorist activity and mysterious disappearances.

Whereas, the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the US Election Atlas Forum has been a training ground for said combatants to attack members of Atlasia.

Whereas, the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the US Election Atlas Forum appears to lack a functioning government and threatens to be a danger to the rest of the world.

^^^^, This, for example, would be the usage of smart military power I was talking about in the post before last. This is something that diplomacy alone just won't solve. We need to stand united to defeat this threat.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »

Purple heart I hereby endorse you!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 08:44:13 AM »

I hope to be working with you once again the Senate soon....this time to protect Atlasia from terrorists! Wink
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »

I am reluctant to use military force in most cases, but I must say an invasion of that board might be something worth looking into...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 04:57:22 AM »

I am reluctant to use military force in most cases, but I must say an invasion of that board might be something worth looking into...

We owe it to our citizens to stand up for what is right!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 05:09:11 AM »

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against the 2012 Presidential Elections Board.

Whereas, the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the US Election Atlas Forum has been a hive of terrorist activity and mysterious disappearances.

Whereas, the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the US Election Atlas Forum has been a training ground for said combatants to attack members of Atlasia.

Whereas, the 2012 Presidential Election Board of the US Election Atlas Forum appears to lack a functioning government and threatens to be a danger to the rest of the world.

^^^^, This, for example, would be the usage of smart military power I was talking about in the post before last. This is something that diplomacy alone just won't solve. We need to stand united to defeat this threat.

But stay away from the province of Poll-and, of which I'm the Governor.

Wink

Otherwise I'll start my counter attack !

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 05:28:28 AM »

Well you're one of those friendly oppressive dictators we like to support in an unstable region. So you have nothing to worry about Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »

It being Oktoberfest time.....I invite voters to come and chat with me and enjoy a Maß!

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 11:02:28 AM »

I invite any voters that might still have questions for me to please feel free to go ahead. The election starts the day after tomorrow!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »

I don't know who else is running, but I give you my irrelevant endorsement.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies