President Napoleon's Open Press Conference #2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:09:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President Napoleon's Open Press Conference #2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Napoleon's Open Press Conference #2  (Read 346 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »

Okay, let's do this. Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 06:15:33 PM »

Mr. President, can you explain the rationale for establishing a national university system and wasting millions in start-up costs instead of simply providing the funds to the regions to establish a new university (which would be just as good as any national university if they have the same funding) on the regional level?

You previously cited that one of your motives was to "introduce competition to regional public universities"; how does your bill aim to do that when it also drives into bankruptcy an entire class of universities, and when one of the sponsors of the bill stated on the floor of the Senate that "this is not a competition with them [regional universities]"?

What does this bill accomplish that could not be done on the regional level?

Is it unconstitutional to pass a law that punishes a college with a 50% tax hike simply due to their philosophy?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

As President, do you believe it is within your power to work on expanding the reach of Atlasia to other forum users by bringing them into the simulation and encouraging them to be active? If so, do you have a particular numerical goal (current user base is 139) or a concrete way to quantify any actions taken as 'successful'?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »

As President, do you believe it is within your power to work on expanding the reach of Atlasia to other forum users by bringing them into the simulation and encouraging them to be active? If so, do you have a particular numerical goal (current user base is 139) or a concrete way to quantify any actions taken as 'successful'?

Yes, it is. I think we all have some responsibility to reach out on behalf of the game but as President I want to ensure an environment that allows for expansion. Many people could tell you that I have long supported getting more members involved.

I don't like to set any one of target number- just do the best possible and the results will speak for themselves, so that is how I will continue to approach this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies