WI: Rasmussen: Baldwin lead confimed by Rasy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:54:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  WI: Rasmussen: Baldwin lead confimed by Rasy
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: Rasmussen: Baldwin lead confimed by Rasy  (Read 1601 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:08:06 AM »

New Poll: Wisconsin Senator by Rasmussen on 2012-917

Summary: D: 49%, R: 46%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »

Of course, the week I endorse Thompson, Baldwin starts to pull ahead. Go figure...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:17:07 AM »

Of course, the week I endorse Thompson, Baldwin starts to pull ahead. Go figure...

Why would you support Thompson?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »

I seem to recall that questions being posed to a certain someone back in 2010, several times after he endorsed a certain Republican Senate candidate in a certain state?

Certainly, you know what I am talking about. Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »

He seems like a Republican who can work across the aisle.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 11:27:43 AM »

I seem to recall that questions being posed to a certain someone back in 2010, several times after he endorsed a certain Republican Senate candidate in a certain state?

Certainly, you know what I am talking about. Tongue

I'm trying to keep other people from making the same mistake Smiley
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »

I suppose it's also because it is really hard to support a lesbian with a Social Score of 5.57 Tongue
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 05:12:12 PM »

I suppose it's also because it is really hard to support a lesbian with a Social Score of 5.57 Tongue

Ever since she announced her candidacy last year, I've been complaining that Baldwin's politics skew far to the left of the average Wisconsin voter, so I don't think she'd be a particularly great fit for the state as whole.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »

Ever since she announced her candidacy last year, I've been complaining that Baldwin's politics skew far to the left of the average Wisconsin voter, so I don't think she'd be a particularly great fit for the state as whole.

If you average her out with Ron Johnson, you'd have a great fit for the state, lol! But in all seriousness, what happened to supporting any Democrat because they help make majorities? That's what you always say about the Blue Dogs.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »

I wish people would stop falling into this trap. The Republican Party as it stands is not interested in working with Democrats as long as there is a Democratic president. They don't want Democrats getting any credit for anything and are more interested in dragging the American political spectrum to the right as a long-term goal.

Let alone the fact that Thompson is a crackpot to begin with, even if he was someone with legitimately "moderate" positions he would do a complete transformation as soon as he took office. Franzl isn't a partisan of any sort and he learned this lesson with Kirk back in 2010, but at least he has the excuse of being a centrist. (They always take time to learn.. Tongue) You're a Democrat and should know better.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:59:47 PM »

The Republican Party as it stands is not interested in working with Democrats as long as there is a Democratic president. They don't want Democrats getting any credit for anything and are more interested in dragging the American political spectrum to the right as a long-term goal.

Because Republicans are a hive mind...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »

I have a hard time seeing how we could expect this guy to work across the aisle with people.  Admittedly, Baldwin's pretty liberal and I don't know a great deal about Thompson's alleged "moderate" record, but he's no Susan Collins by any means and I think it's pretty obvious he's going to be like most other Senate Republicans in terms of willingness to compromise.

The only liberal position I know he's held in the past is support for the individual health insurance mandate, but of course most Republicans supported that from the start.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 11:11:30 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2012, 11:49:53 PM by Gass3268 »

Since we are showing video's of Tommy Thompson, this one is awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TmtP82EjE8

FYI, I am not showing this video to attack him. I'm showing it because its hilarious and it fits right into this hilarious Lewis Black stand up routine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WlwumGkSec&feature=related
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 12:17:09 AM »

The Republican Party as it stands is not interested in working with Democrats as long as there is a Democratic president. They don't want Democrats getting any credit for anything and are more interested in dragging the American political spectrum to the right as a long-term goal.

Because Republicans are a hive mind...

Every Republican senator has become a filibustering crackpot. Scott Brown, Dean Heller, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, etc. Thompson would be no different.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 12:45:04 PM »

Senate Republicans are more than capable of 'working across the aisle' when it comes to plundering the treasury, such as that $969 billion farm bill that's actually a bill for the welfare queens not the farmers.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »

I seem to remember that he was a very right-wing Governor of Wisconsin, but whatever. Maintain that very important pretence of bipartisanship at the tender age of 17 or whateversky.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »

I seem to remember that he was a very right-wing Governor of Wisconsin, but whatever. Maintain that very important pretence of bipartisanship at the tender age of 17 or whateversky.

It's because Baldwin is a lesbian. Everyone knows it, even Miles Tongue. But, as I've said before, it's the "normal thing" to support the republican candidate over the [lesbian] democrat one with a social score of +5.5. It's like a Paulite supporting Santorum, even if they're both republicans. They just can't.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2012, 08:03:39 PM by Nathan »

It's because Baldwin is a lesbian. Everyone knows it, even Miles Tongue. But, as I've said before, it's the "normal thing" to support the republican candidate over the [lesbian] democrat one with a social score of +5.5. It's like a Paulite supporting Santorum, even if they're both republicans. They just can't.

I seem to recall gays are something Miles is relatively non-+5.5 on, but there are any number of levels on which Baldwin is really not his kind of Democrat.

Miles, I do think you're not counting all your chickens in this race, though. A continued Democratic majority may have to go through Wisconsin, and Thompson isn't even a Scott Brown or a Lisa Murkowski, much less an Olympia Snowe.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »

If you average her out with Ron Johnson, you'd have a great fit for the state, lol! But in all seriousness, what happened to supporting any Democrat because they help make majorities? That's what you always say about the Blue Dogs.

Exactly.  Johnson is WAY to the right of the state.  He's even worse than Kasten. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 02:56:37 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 03:09:03 AM by Eraserhead »

Looks like Republicans are paying a price for trying to turn Wisconsin into a battleground. This is what increased polarization will give you in a state that leans Democratic under neutral conditions.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies