How do you stand on the temp banning of Phil?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:34:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How do you stand on the temp banning of Phil?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: How do you stand on the temp banning of Phil?
Support

Oppose

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: How do you stand on the temp banning of Phil?  (Read 6032 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »

Oh, but I have no case. I'm just explaining what went on, that's all.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2012, 12:05:28 PM by because you want the numbers to look a certain way »

Actually Leip is free of liability under the Communications Decency Act. If Badger wanted to sue he'd have to sue Phil directly.

Also under this standard shouldn't there be plenty of people who were temp banned for libeling opebo? Or how about all the people including myself that NY Jew libeled? (Yes he was banned but not until quite a bit after that occurred.)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »

Actually Leip is free of liability under the Communications Decency Act. If Badger wanted to sue he'd have to sue Phil directly.

Also under this standard shouldn't there be plenty of people who were temp banned for libeling opebo? Or how about all the people including myself that NY Jew libeled? (Yes he was banned but not until quite a bit after that occurred.)

good work by our IPU General Counsel.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »

Also under this standard shouldn't there be plenty of people who were temp banned for libeling opebo?

That's quite right, well done. 

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »

Regardless of who would have to sue who, what Phil posted about Badger was way beyond the line. He should be punished for it and made to understand that sort of behavior will not stand. If he acts like that again when he comes back, he should be banned. It doesn't matter how long you have been here, you don't get to act in that fashion.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »

It's not about the risk of suit; it's that it's a personal attack, which is against the ToS.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »

What did Phil say anyway?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »

Let's move on. Phil sent me a nice note. I consider the matter closed. To err is human, to forgive divine. I am quite optimistic that there will not be another redux of this. Thanks.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »

Let's move on. Phil sent me a nice note. I consider the matter closed. To err is human, to forgive divine. I am quite optimistic that there will not be another redux of this. Thanks.

I don't think 'forgiving' is a meaningful reaction to authority, Torie.  Or anyway somewhat absurd.  What do they care if we 'forgive' them?
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

Regardless of who would have to sue who, what Phil posted about Badger was way beyond the line. He should be punished for it and made to understand that sort of behavior will not stand. If he acts like that again when he comes back, he should be banned. It doesn't matter how long you have been here, you don't get to act in that fashion.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »

I don't think 'forgiving' is a meaningful reaction to authority, Torie.  Or anyway somewhat absurd.  What do they care if we 'forgive' them?

Forgiveness is personal; it is more about the forgiver caring, than anyone else. It is good for the soul. Anger is just so entropic. Those that harbor it are the real losers in life in my experience. So what matters is that I care.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »

He was talking about him forgiving Phil.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »

It's not about the risk of suit; it's that it's a personal attack, which is against the ToS.

then assign the post x number of infraction points according to its 'badness', as per Dave's initial guidelines.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2012, 09:59:48 AM »

What did he do that makes him more worthy of a banning than krazen, Politico, BigSkyBob, AmericanNation, MorningInAmerica or J. J.?

Made the fairly fundamental error of posting what was technically libel about a mod who happens to be a lawyeranyone on the Forum.

Corrected for accuracy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:55 AM »

Made the fairly fundamental error of posting what was technically libel about a mod who happens to be a lawyer.

would this forum even exist without libel?  you could probably count libelous incidents by the hundreds... it's convenient of you to use this tack, essentially saying "big bad Badger was going to sue Leip into oblivion unless we did this, we didn't want to, we're as broken up about it as you are."

Not even a scintilla of truth to this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies