What is your favourite season ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:22:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is your favourite season ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: During the year ?
Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: What is your favourite season ?  (Read 1296 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: September 26, 2012, 12:18:00 AM »

Season 1 is a classic but goes on a bit of a tangent in the end when Jack Bauer's wife gets amnesia.

Season 2 is pretty standard, and the villains lacked a compelling story.

Season 3 was slow to start, but Ryan Chappelle's silent clock was absolutely a highlight of the series.

Season 4 was all over the place, but I really liked how they tried to reboot the show with characters like Audrey, Heller, and Erin. It's a shame they kind of undid it by bringing back Palmer, Tony, and Michelle.

Season 5 is my favourite. President Logan makes that season.

Season 6 is terrible.

Season 7's attempt to be thoughtful is actually really shallow. I enjoyed it mostly because of Renee Walker, but by the end it just seemed like they were going through the motions. I hated that the season ended with Kim giving the doctors the go-ahead to treat Jack's infection. It really lowered the stakes for Season 8.

Season 8 was still great though. It's very underappreciated. It started slow, but it really brought the characters into some intense grey territory. The series finale was way too safe.

I also enjoy fall.

OK, at the point they killed Bill Buchanan, I was PISSED.  And if ANYONE deserved a silent clock, it was Buchanan.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:21:57 AM »

It's not spring.  Other than that, it depends.

I love summer for its thunderstorms, but if it's a non-stormy summer, I don't like heat.

I like cold weather, and I LOVE cyclones - they're fascinating to forecast.  I was always interested in severe storms, but cyclones are so much more complex and interesting.  Watching them in the winter if a lot of fun.

But along with liking cold weather, I like fall.  It's just a fun season.  That transition from hot to cold weather is phenomenal.  Thanksgiving is a great holiday, and I loved starting school back at CMU and spending time outside in the fall.  It was beautiful.  Also, it's election season.

So, ultimately, it depends on the year, and how the weather goes. But really, there's nothing fun in spring.  It generally rains without severe storms, and I hate being wet, so I hate rain if there isn't going to be anything "fun" related to it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:01:49 PM »

Winter: Fine for me and my melancholy. Kids playing snowballs is a disaster, though.
Spring: KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT F***ING ALLERGIES
Summer: KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT IDIOTS ON THE BEACHES WITH BEER AND WITHOUT UPPER CLOTHING EVERYBODY IN A GOOD MOOD KILL IT
Fall: Fine for me and my melancholy again. Internets become a bit cleaner.

http://youtu.be/Jh2Nu2aTPP0
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies