Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:54:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag  (Read 9068 times)
Link
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

That it needs to be stated that any strategy that one knows will result in innocent civilian fatalities is wrong - absolutely wrong - and should not be pursued, is more than a little disconcerting.

So the preliminary bombings that the Allied forces did to soften up Nazi defenses prior to D-day shouldn't have happened because some French civilians were killed in the process?!  I've never even heard the French complain.  This is new.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2012, 05:21:20 PM »

Personally, I dislike the use of drones due to the amount of collateral damage they've caused, but to call Obama a war criminal is a bit much.  It's not like he masturbates to the sound of civilians getting blown apart with missiles or anything.... 
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »

That it needs to be stated that any strategy that one knows will result in innocent civilian fatalities is wrong - absolutely wrong - and should not be pursued, is more than a little disconcerting.

So the preliminary bombings that the Allied forces did to soften up Nazi defenses prior to D-day shouldn't have happened because some French civilians were killed in the process?!  I've never even heard the French complain.  This is new.

Because every war the United States has ever fought (and particularly the ones in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia) are exactly like World War II in every way, shape, and form.  Roll Eyes

Personally, I dislike the use of drones due to the amount of collateral damage they've caused, but to call Obama a war criminal is a bit much.  It's not like he masturbates to the sound of civilians getting blown apart with missiles or anything.... 

I'm pretty sure blowing civilians apart with missiles is the war crime. Masturbating to the sound of it would be a sadistic sexual fetish, not a war crime.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2012, 04:27:46 AM »

Because every war the United States has ever fought (and particularly the ones in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, and Somalia) are exactly like World War II in every way, shape, and form.  Roll Eyes

I'm pretty sure blowing civilians apart with missiles is the war crime. Masturbating to the sound of it would be a sadistic sexual fetish, not a war crime.

Well it's not his intention to kill civilians, which is what I meant.  If it was, there would be justification for calling him a war criminal, but it isn't.  Calling someone a war criminal is not a term that should be thrown around lightly (like calling anyone who's ever waged a war as a war criminal would be an incorrect statement). That terminology is more historically used for commanders who have evil intentions.  I really don't see how Obama is evil.  Incompetent or ignorant on this issue, perhaps,  but not actually a bad person.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  Though for praising Palin like that, I think he's really starting to loose it. 
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »

Chomsky has also praised Sarah Palin for her mocking of Obama's hope/change shtick in 2008.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »

Well honestly, that's all it was.  A shtick.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »

Some people are so overly partisan they don't even have their own ideology.
So Nader was consistent in his view of opposing these interventionist tactics. So he defended someone who is right winger once because they made comments he agreed with.

Here's a tip, just because you generally disagree with someone politically, maybe even dislike them as a person, doesn't mean everything they ever say is automatically wrong. Heck I am sure there are times Obama and Bush have said things I agree with, despite my extreme opposition to their corporatist warmongering anti-privacy economically destructive political views.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #108 on: October 20, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »

Some people are so overly partisan they don't even have their own ideology.
So Nader was consistent in his view of opposing these interventionist tactics. So he defended someone who is right winger once because they made comments he agreed with.

Here's a tip, just because you generally disagree with someone politically, maybe even dislike them as a person, doesn't mean everything they ever say is automatically wrong. Heck I am sure there are times Obama and Bush have said things I agree with, despite my extreme opposition to their corporatist warmongering anti-privacy economically destructive political views.

Truth.

If anyone here were to comb through everything Sarah Palin or Vladimir Lenin has said on public record, I'm sure one could find something they agree with.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »

I've seen people on my side of the aisle (and liberals too) criticize drone use, and they make   some valid points (civilians get killed). But, I do believe that at certain times they are vital to fighting terrorism.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies