Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:58:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ralph Nader is unsurprisingly still a giant douchebag  (Read 9274 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 26, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »

I have to say I never found targeted drone strikes as being on the same level as an invasion. Since we don't get any cooperation from the Pakistanis, drone strikes are the best way to kill Al Qaeda targets hiding there.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:18:31 PM »

I have to say I never found targeted drone strikes as being on the same level as an invasion. Since we don't get any cooperation from the Pakistanis, drone strikes are the best way to kill Al Qaeda targets hiding there.

As well as innocent people we think are worthy targets when they aren't.

Yes, that needs to be mitigated. I don't know what the statistics are on the percentage of time we have the wrong target, but if it is too high, we should require better intelligence before we use our drones. In any case, getting them on the ground would be the best option. If only the Pakistanis would stop double crossing us. Bin Laden could have easily been captured by Pakistani authorities since he was living in an affluent suburb of the capital, but Obama had to send in Seal team 6 because there was no way we could have trusted them. Obama made the right move there.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »

For those opposed to drone strikes against terrorists in Pakistan and Yemen (as opposed to large scale invasions of counties that didn't attack us), do you also oppose the war in Afghqnistan? If it was a targeted campaign as opposed to nation building, would you still oppose it?

I agree that a lot of terrorists have been created by previous US actions but that does not mean we don't go after the converted. To prevent future terrorists we should clamp down on adventures like Iraq (both times)and Libya as well as not attacking Iran and not giving Israel a blank check. Our policies towards Israel creates infinitely more terrorists than some drone strikes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies