If you were a chief political operative...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:14:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  If you were a chief political operative...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If you were a chief political operative...  (Read 8215 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2005, 11:33:33 PM »
« edited: February 03, 2005, 11:35:55 PM by nickshepDEM »

The only way you can beat Jessie Jackson is to be as rude to him as he is to you.  I doubt that J.C. would stoop to that level.  Did Jessie even let him answer a question without constantly interrupting?

I used to follow J.C.'s  career in the Congress, and watched him campaign for Dubya in this past election.  I found him very impressive, though I have to admit that I didn't see the debate with the "Reverend" Jackson, so I'll take your word for his performance at that forum.

Yes, Jessie was being Jessie.  However, I will admit Watts was extremley humble and seemed like a really nice guy.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2005, 11:36:26 PM »

Blacks are not going to vote for a Republican just because he's black.

I also think it's really annoying when Republicans in the Senate try to play the race card on Bush appointees. Yes, voting against Condi is pretty stupid, but it's not racist.

The fact that someone is hispanic does not qualify him to be Attorney General.

The Democrats are just being overly partisan. Nothing racist about that.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2005, 11:39:18 PM »

I hate hearing Democrats acting like Bill Frist will be the nominee.

There is reason to even have a campaign if Bill Frist somehow wins the nomination (which he won't), unless you plan to run a left wing extremist like Hillary Clinton. Anyone else, and he will lose big.

Hillary Clinton is a left-wing extremist? Is this the same one that voted for war in Iraq? So, what do you call Kucinch?

Kucinch, part of the Loony Left.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

How many times have you said "loony left" now. It's rooted solely in your own ideological viewpoints. It's so pathetic.

There very clearly is a Loony Left, and I wouldn't necessarily put Hilary in that group.  The group that were liberals in the 70's and have not changed their ideas since are part of the Loony Left.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2005, 11:39:49 PM »

The Democrats are just being overly partisan. Nothing racist about that.

I agree.  Its tough times for us Democrats right now.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2005, 11:57:18 PM »

A black VP might help the GOP crack 10%.  A black Presidential candidate might do around 20% or so, though that would be optimistic.

The inclusion of J.C. Watts (a very charismatic, conservative Af-AM) would help put IL even more into play and could help shave of the NYC vote from Dems in NY.  His being on the ticket would also help in places like MD and NJ.

I saw him on Crossfire once and he didnt impress me at all.  He was debating Jesse Jackson and got his clock cleaned.  If the Democrats ever suspected the GOP may nominate an African American as VP they would nominate one and offset the huge African American voter turnout.

What do you think the best case scenario would be for the GOP if they nominated an African American as VP?  Do you think they would get over 50% of the African American vote or somewhere near 20%?  (Bush only received 8%)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies