MLB stretch run and playoffs thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:59:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  MLB stretch run and playoffs thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: MLB stretch run and playoffs thread.  (Read 5504 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 08:07:28 PM »

ABSOLUTELY INEXCUSABLE.

The WORST call in my lifetime easily.  (Don't worry, I was born in 1986 - after 1985.)

That's silly. The Posey call in Game 1 in the 2010 NLDS was a lot more egregious than this one, since it wasn't a judgment call.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

Worst call I have ever seen. I'm done with baseball.  them.
Me too. I hated everything about the NFL scandals recently, but this is something else. This is the final straw in a clear lack of care by both the MLB administration and it's literal gang of haughty evil (not incompetent, evil) umpires. The point can't be made while we still watch. I'm truly done with baseball through the MLB. Just means more soccer/independent baseball for me. I am not going to support this junk anymore.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 08:27:02 PM »

Yeah, as a Braves fan I had a feeling we would lose this one. 5 WS appearances in an 8 year stretch with only one ring sort of turns you into a fatalist. The fact that we finished 6 games ahead of them meant we were destined to lose.

Even though Chipper was leaving and the last component of my childhood team was gone, I was still going to follow the game in the future. No more, however. I am done with baseball, it's been dead for years, we've just now seen the obituary.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:57 PM »

St Louis just won't die. Smiley. Goodbye Chipper!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 08:47:58 PM »

You're an insult to the game. Won't miss sharing this league with you.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 10:33:33 PM »

You're an insult to the game. Won't miss sharing this league with you.

Don't get me wrong, I hate seeing a legendary baller retire, but I am glad St Louis won.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »

The call is supposed to come much earlier than it did, and Cardinals are lying when they say they heard the call and intentionally didn't catch it.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »

The Rangers are gone! Hallelujah! All is right with the world at last.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:50 PM »

Braves fans:the people making sure Dodger fans aren't the worst in baseball
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »

Oh whatever.  All 30 fanbases would have reacted that way after being victims of the worst call in all of MLB since 1985.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 09:19:57 AM »

No they wouldn't have.  A good fanbase isn't going to do what the idiots did last night.  A northeast team, sure.  Cubs, Oakland, sure.  Dodger fan wouldn't, because he's gone before the 8th inning.  But Cardinals fan?  No way.  Twins fan?  Not going to happen.  Reds, Brewers, probably not.

But that's not why Atlanta has the sh**ttiest fans.  It's the fact that nobody goes to games if the Braves aren't leading the division (despite the fact that they have some of the cheapest tickets in baseball).  They fight for a playoff spot to a half empty stadium.  They've failed to sell out playoff games for Og's sake.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »

Nats in 5
SF in 4

Bal in 5
Det in 4
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »

No they wouldn't have.  A good fanbase isn't going to do what the idiots did last night.  A northeast team, sure.  Cubs, Oakland, sure.  Dodger fan wouldn't, because he's gone before the 8th inning.  But Cardinals fan?  No way.  Twins fan?  Not going to happen.  Reds, Brewers, probably not.
Any fanbase who gives that little a sh**t as to sit back and take that sh**t-eating-grin-umpire-ing is one of the problems with baseball, not the "good" fans. Fans loyal to these umps and this Front Office are enemies of baseball as a sport. I hate the Braves, but God bless their resistance.

They are sh**tty for never showing up to games, however.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »

No they wouldn't have.  A good fanbase isn't going to do what the idiots did last night.  A northeast team, sure.  Cubs, Oakland, sure.  Dodger fan wouldn't, because he's gone before the 8th inning.  But Cardinals fan?  No way.  Twins fan?  Not going to happen.  Reds, Brewers, probably not.

But that's not why Atlanta has the sh**ttiest fans.  It's the fact that nobody goes to games if the Braves aren't leading the division (despite the fact that they have some of the cheapest tickets in baseball).  They fight for a playoff spot to a half empty stadium.  They've failed to sell out playoff games for Og's sake.

Yeah, I'm sure if an umpire were to - hypothetically, of course- make a bad call that would, say, potentially cost the Cardinals the World Series, I'm sure said umpire would never receive any death threats from Cardinals fans and would never have to contact MLB security or the FBI.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2012, 02:35:11 PM »

Although let's be honest here - Cardinals fans may be the most likely to live in trailer parks, sport neckbeards, mullets, and pedophile moustaches, and consider Busch light to be the pinacle of American brewing, they at least go to games. South Florida probably has the worst and most undeserving-of-sports-championships-fanbase in North America.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »

Any fanbase who gives that little a sh**t as to sit back and take that sh**t-eating-grin-umpire-ing is one of the problems with baseball, not the "good" fans. Fans loyal to these umps and this Front Office are enemies of baseball as a sport. I hate the Braves, but God bless their resistance.
What does being "loyal" to the umps or "this Front Office" have to do with not acting like infants?  There is no reason to rain garbage on to the field because a call doesn't go your way.  There is never a reason to rain garbage on to the playing field.
Yeah, I'm sure if an umpire were to - hypothetically, of course- make a bad call that would, say, potentially cost the Cardinals the World Series, I'm sure said umpire would never receive any death threats from Cardinals fans and would never have to contact MLB security or the FBI.
There is no way fans in Busch Stadium would ever act in the way those in Atlanta did last night.  Yeah, a few fans were stupid in 85, but it's really not the same thing.
Although let's be honest here - Cardinals fans may be the most likely to live in trailer parks, sport neckbeards, mullets, and pedophile moustaches, and consider Busch light to be the pinacle of American brewing, they at least go to games. South Florida probably has the worst and most undeserving-of-sports-championships-fanbase in North America.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that Brave fan is more likely to be what you described than Cardinal fan.  I've lived in both places and the fanbases couldn't be further apart in their knowledge and respect for the game.  Yes, there are asshat Cardinals fans, but they are WAY in the minority.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »

Joey Votto scares me, so I made a chart to show why.

If that had been in Los Angeles, there wouldn't have been any Dodgers fans there to throw things.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »

The Rangers are gone! Hallelujah! All is right with the world at last.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »

what's a playoff run like now that your championship virginity has been broken, Xahar?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »

Late to the party but

Reds in 5
Nats in 5

O's in 6
A's in 7

Nats in 7
O's in 6

Nats in 6 as well as in the least watched World Series since 1955
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 12:08:44 AM »

what's a playoff run like now that your championship virginity has been broken, Xahar?

I find myself much largely resigned to the Giants losing and not all that upset about it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »

I find myself much largely resigned to the Giants losing and not all that upset about it.

We're here and the Dodgers aren't. It's not a championship, but it's cause for celebration in its own right.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »

amazingly low counting stats totals for Votto, even considering he missed 50 games.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies