The People's Party (The People's Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:46:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22511 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »
« edited: June 21, 2013, 09:57:01 AM by VP Duke »

*** Please note, The Party has not be resurrected, The People have not returned to be the heroes Atlasia needs, but this thread may serve as a place to discuss The People's Plight. As the voice of The People, I have the power vested in me to call it The People's Thread. ***

The Mission Statement of The People's Party:
The People's Party is the party of The People. We support idea's that incorporate compromise and pragmatism. We oppose attempts by the federal government to infringe on the rights of our regions, and will be a fighter in Atlasia for regional rights.

While The People recognize the need for the federal government and applaud many of the things it is needed for: collecting taxes, bolstering infrastructure, protecting individual liberties through the courts and congress, The People first and foremost encourage regional level thinking. With strong regional governments comes a strong game with competition uniformly throughout. With more light shed on The People in the lowest level of this nation, the brighter that beacon will shine on the hill of hills. The lowly legislature election will be as contested as a senate election. Unknown Mideast Legislator can have his name in The People's Paper for writing that bill.

Friends, I am not asking you to join a party today, I am asking you to make an alliance with The People, and to know that no matter where you are now, you matter to Us. Our arms are open for you. Let's turn a new page in this game together.

Check us out at  /thepeoplespartytpp

If you are a member, please join this group.

Our bylaws are located here.

Our Founding Document is located here.

Our Members

The Party Members:

Total: 19
Northeast: 6
South: 3
Mideast: 7
Pacific: 3

The Caucus' Members:

Total: 6
Northeast: 1
South: 3
Mideast: 2

The People's Leaders:
Chairman: Duke
Vice Chairman: Senator Nix
Secretary: Cincinnatus

The People's Officeholders:

Federal (6)
Franzl - Senator At-Large
Nix - Northeast Senator
Ben - Mideast Senator
Oakvale - Pacific Senator
Mr. X - Senator At-large
Duke - Vice President

Regional (3)
FezzyFestoon - Northeast Legislator
Bacon King - IDS Legislator
Tallyrand - Mideast Legislator

The People's Platform:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »

I join this party, whatever the hell it stands for.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51:48 PM »

Looks very interesting......
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »

Our second governor has joined us! Welcome to the party all! It's an honor to have you for the ride!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:06:00 PM »

I suppose at some point we need to form official bylaws and the like and decide which leadership positions we need. Unlike other parties, I don't really think we need 15 different positions. I want input from everyone. Tmth is already a great recruiter and I am sure he will work on behalf of The People regardless of title. Myself likewise.

Depending on what type of interest we get, we may look at running a candidate in the senate elections, but if we do, I want to be sure they can get elected. One of the goals of this party certainly will encourage anyone, especially new members interested in getting involved, to look to their regional legislatures as a wonderful place to start and to gain experience. That's where I and many other folks got our start. That's a bit of what to expect short term. We are only in the early hours of our existence. Input is always welcome. My door remains open. Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 08:06:33 PM »

I have never been a member of the Liberal Party. I am joining The People's Party.

If we field a candidate in Senatorial elections, I would be glad to stand for The Party in that regards.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

As I've just been elected Vice Chairman of the Whig Party, I cannot abandon my elected position, but I'd be honoured, nay PRIVILEGED to be considered as an honorary member of The People's Party.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »

The People grow stronger with every convert.

I suppose at some point we need to form official bylaws and the like and decide which leadership positions we need.

Leadership?  The People lead us Duke.  We are at their beck and call.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 08:13:39 PM »

I have never been a member of the Liberal Party. I am joining The People's Party.

If we field a candidate in Senatorial elections, I would be glad to stand for The Party in that regards.

Oh, you're welcome to run. The People will support you regardless of our meager numbers so far. Our goal short term will be to compete in regional elections and eventually the senate, but if anyone wants to run now, knowing the odds The Party faces given our infant status, by all means, you will have my support, and I will do all I can to help you win.

As I've just been elected Vice Chairman of the Whig Party, I cannot abandon my elected position, but I'd be honoured, nay PRIVILEGED to be considered as an honorary member of The People's Party.

As long as you hold Our message near and dear, we are honored to have you in our caucus.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »

Yes, I imagined The People would serve as our leadership.

Must I maintain the pretense The People and the people are synonmous?

Tell that to Nix!

Oh, you're welcome to run. The People will support you regardless of our meager numbers so far. Our goal short term will be to compete in regional elections and eventually the senate, but if anyone wants to run now, knowing the odds The Party faces given our infant status, by all means, you will have my support, and I will do all I can to help you win.

As long as you hold Our message near and dear, we are honored to have you in our caucus.

Will do then!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »

Happy to be here
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »

Checking in. Good to be on board!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »

I forgive you, Duke.

It's very good to be here! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 08:17:04 PM »

The People grow stronger with every convert.

I suppose at some point we need to form official bylaws and the like and decide which leadership positions we need.

Leadership?  The People lead us Duke.  We are at their beck and call.

You and I are aware of this, which is what I was hinting at when I said I'd prefer to keep the leadership positions lean and mean. The goal of The People is to have everyone give their input, as ideas from The People can be shared until the Ultimate Authority decides which should stand as our decision.

The People once loomed large in Atlasia. Recently Our voice has been stifled, but no more. We are a force to be reckoned with, and we will help change this game for the better!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 08:18:10 PM »

Too lazy to read anything. I'll just say that, as a proud servant of The People and one-time correspondent for The People, I'll gladly join the party of The People. I'm just too lazy to formally announce it right now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »

I forgive you, Duke.

It's very good to be here! Smiley

Feels nice, doesn't it? From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you. Tmth has always been one to encourage new members to join this wonderful game and has been a champion of both the regional and federal levels of government. Without his work and encouragement, this Movement would not have made it to fruition! 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »

Too lazy to read anything. I'll just say that, as a proud servant of The People and one-time correspondent for The People, I'll gladly join the party of The People. I'm just too lazy to formally announce it right now.

Once you're a correspondant for Us, you're always a correspondant. Your service to our newspaper is wonderful, and it is really sad that Atlasia has lost many newspapers over the years - The NWA, The Examiner. Those were some of my favorite parts about this game that the new members don't even know about! They have no idea what they are missing!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 08:26:11 PM »

I agree with Duke. Personally, I don't see a need for more than one elected position within the party.

Seconded - party bureaucracy tends to stifle things IMO.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »

I agree with Duke. Personally, I don't see a need for more than one elected position within the party.

Well, in my past experiences with parties, I have seen many of them fall victim to needless gridlock and a mixed message with no clear direction. In my former party, we had a very streamlined operation, one I have always subscribed to. But with that streamlined model comes a heavy emphasis on allowing everyone to have a say in the eventual decisions. One man will not make the decisions - that will be left to The People. However, less is more - tmth and I and many others involved in the previous era of Atlasia know that Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »

As someone who has seen multiple forms of party leadership in the game, here would be my recommendation:

Have an elected Chairman, which would obviously be Duke. There would then be one or two appointed positions that the chairman makes, just to make sure everything gets done. They shouldn't be elected, just appointed. But the positions are needed, I feel, to ensure that this party is ran properly. No pointless positions though, just for the sake of having them.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 08:34:53 PM »

Also, I would like to formally request the party's endorsement in the upcoming Northeast Regional Senate Race. I understand that it is early, but it seems that I am not the only party member who will be running.

You already have it being a member, but I can leave a note for Homely if I need to for ballot purposes.

As someone who has seen multiple forms of party leadership in the game, here would be my recommendation:

Have an elected Chairman, which would obviously be Duke. There would then be one or two appointed positions that the chairman makes, just to make sure everything gets done. They shouldn't be elected, just appointed. But the positions are needed, I feel, to ensure that this party is ran properly. No pointless positions though, just for the sake of having them.

That could work, or we could have a chair and vice chair who fills in for the chair when they are away and are needed. I would like to see you as head recruiter, but I am not sure if we should make that a position or simply something you do. I would hope all of us would recruit for our party and bring in people we feel share our message Wink but tmth has been the best I have ever seen over the years Tongue

What say you all? Just 2 positions? Or a chair and two appointed positions?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:32 PM »

Intriguing, but I'll need to see some more flesh upon these bones than a profession of support for regional rights before I'll consider changing parties, tho I will join the caucus, since that is something of interest to me, but not my primary interest right now.

I'm working on something else, which I hope to have ready soon.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »

We'll be adding more flesh soon.

On second thought, I do think I favor a chairman and one of two positions that the chairman can fill on his own discretion. Vice Chairmen tends to be a useless position unless a party elects a chairman that has a tendency to disappear often. And if they do that, it's probably their own fault Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 08:55:42 PM »

Sorry, running for Governor!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »

I don't know, actually.

How about this: A chairman and a vice chair. The vice chair's duties will mostly include the get out the vote effort of the party during election time. The chairmen will preside over everything else and be entrusted to weigh the suggestions and make the final decision.

The two appointed positions seem a bit, well, vague now that I think about it. A simple chair and vice chair would suffice. I don't see a need for a whip/secretary/majority leader/etc etc ... you get the picture Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies