The People's Party (The People's Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22666 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 09:01:10 PM »

While recruiting was my strength years ago, GOTV efforts have been my preferred strength as of recent. I'm a competitive person, and losing is something I deeply despise - I've never lost an election in this game, and my goal is that The People never lose an election either. Should we go with Duke's suggestion, I would appreciate the position of Vice Chairman, should The People select me.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

I don't know, actually.

How about this: A chairman and a vice chair. The vice chair's duties will mostly include the get out the vote effort of the party during election time. The chairmen will preside over everything else and be entrusted to weigh the suggestions and make the final decision.

The two appointed positions seem a bit, well, vague now that I think about it. A simple chair and vice chair would suffice. I don't see a need for a whip/secretary/majority leader/etc etc ... you get the picture Tongue

I'd rather have a Whip and a Secretary to be honest.  One to lead the GOTV effort, and the other to lead in recruitment/keep bylaw records, ect.  Obviously GOTV effort would over-lap, but it's important that efforts are dispersed. 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »

I don't know, actually.

How about this: A chairman and a vice chair. The vice chair's duties will mostly include the get out the vote effort of the party during election time. The chairmen will preside over everything else and be entrusted to weigh the suggestions and make the final decision.

The two appointed positions seem a bit, well, vague now that I think about it. A simple chair and vice chair would suffice. I don't see a need for a whip/secretary/majority leader/etc etc ... you get the picture Tongue

I'd rather have a Whip and a Secretary to be honest.  One to lead the GOTV effort, and the other to lead in recruitment/keep bylaw records, ect.  Obviously GOTV effort would over-lap, but it's important that efforts are dispersed. 

The People demand no more than 3 positions. Can we make a deal and let the Vice Chair lead the GOTV, a secretary do the bylaws/wiki/etc, and the chair oversee daily operations? I want the vice chair to have more of a job than to simply be there in case the chair dies. We're all young and handsome. I doubt any of us will die anytime soon.

While recruiting was my strength years ago, GOTV efforts have been my preferred strength as of recent. I'm a competitive person, and losing is something I deeply despise - I've never lost an election in this game, and my goal is that The People never lose an election either. Should we go with Duke's suggestion, I would appreciate the position of Vice Chairman, should The People select me.

People willing, I would second your nomination as Vice Chair.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »

Duke's proposal would work for me. I'd support Tmth for vice-chair.

An appointed secretary also strikes me as a worthwhile office to establish.

I'll volunteer to contact newly registered Atlasians for the party, in either an official or unofficial capacity. I enjoy doing that, although I'm not too keen on the random-PM side of recruiting.

I think we should all be in the business of recruiting, even if some are better than others. I don't think we should make recruiter an official position really. That should be the job of our members and as a matter of Party Pride
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 09:21:42 PM »

Supported Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 09:30:00 PM by OBAMA = 4 MORE YEARS OF 8% UNEMPLOYMENT $4/GALLON GASOLINE »

I would like to maintain my independent status at this time, but I would be honored to caucus with the People's Party if that is acceptable.

Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast, Governor of the Northeast, multi term Representative of the Northeast Assembly, Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, candidate for President of Atlasia

Winfield
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »

You're certainly allowed to caucus with us. As an independent for the better part of the past year, I know how liberating it can be!

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »

I would like to maintain my independent status at this time, but I would be honored to caucus with the People's Party if that is acceptable.

Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast, Governor of the Northeast, multi term Representative of the Northeast Assembly, Speaker of the Northeast Assembly, candidate for President of Atlasia

Winfield

Perhaps I should say

Lieutenant Governor for the people of the Northeast, Governor for the people of the Northeast, multi term Representative for the people of the Northeast, Speaker for the people
of the Northeast, candidate for President for the people of Atlasia  Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 11:48:55 PM by Senator Duke »

Duke/Cinci is always on the ballot Wink

But seriously, we have no intentions to run a ticket. We are just getting our feet wet, as it were, and running a national ticket this soon with twofour candidates already established in the race would probably be asking for trouble.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »

Duke/Cinci is always on the ballot Wink

But seriously, we have no intentions to run a ticket. We are just getting our feet wet, as it were, and running a national ticket this soon with two candidates already established in the race would probably be asking for trouble.
There are four established candidates running.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 11:49:16 PM »

My point stands, even more emphatically now Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 12:08:58 AM »

You guys, instead of becoming your own party, should make Caucuses in the existing ones. For example, "Gerald" could be a Whig, but in the People's Caucus of the Party.

I wish my caucus law hadn't been repealed. Angry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »

You guys, instead of becoming your own party, should make Caucuses in the existing ones. For example, "Gerald" could be a Whig, but in the People's Caucus of the Party.

We already have friends doing that, but the RG will not recognize them. Poor Marokai.

This party aims to be run differently than any other party currently in Atlasia. If we fail, we fail, but right now I and hopefully the other new members are all in on this. I think we can make something special.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 12:20:53 AM »

Glory to the People; Today, Tomorrow, Forever!
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »

Glory to the People; Today, Tomorrow, Forever!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »

FORWARDS EVER, BACKWARDS NEVER!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:33 AM »

Great work, but you are forgetting a very important article.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:48 AM »

The people?

How about the masses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blGVaUQ2bzI
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »

I'm a proud Liberal, but I hope to maintain good relations with the PP and work together in the interests of The People!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »

It's "The People's Party", not "People's Party".

Also, I've joined The People's Caucus!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 12:45:16 PM »

Welcome to all of those who have joined both The Party and The Caucus!

I think short term we need to first decide whether to let caucus members vote in our elections, and then once we decide that, we need to nominate and vote on the chair vice chair, and secretary.

I am working on an official platform which will need to be published in the coming weeks. I think one of the major goals I want to focus on early on is securing subforums for each region, for example.

As for voting, I am favoring allowing only Party members to vote, but Caucus members may voice their opinions and input as they wish. Allowing Caucus members to vote in our elections may encourage double dipping, and I don't think any party wants that.

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »

Welcome to all of those who have joined both The Party and The Caucus!

I think short term we need to first decide whether to let caucus members vote in our elections, and then once we decide that, we need to nominate and vote on the chair vice chair, and secretary.

I am working on an official platform which will need to be published in the coming weeks. I think one of the major goals I want to focus on early on is securing subforums for each region, for example.

As for voting, I am favoring allowing only Party members to vote, but Caucus members may voice their opinions and input as they wish. Allowing Caucus members to vote in our elections may encourage double dipping, and I don't think any party wants that.

Perhaps 1/2 votes would suffice for caucus members that way they could be involved but still not have the same privileges as full members...... just a thought
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »

Allowing caucus members to vote discourages them from actually joining our party. I oppose it.

My thoughts on this as well. While The Caucus is important, it wouldn't be right to allow people to vote in two parties (their own and Our Party).

If they want to vote with us, they need to join us!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »

Allowing caucus members to vote discourages them from actually joining our party. I oppose it.

I share this opinion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies